Breaking: Huawei Nova 5T starts EMUI 12 beta testing
Finally! Interesting news that all of the Huawei Nova 5T fans have been waiting for, as the company has opened EMUI 12 beta testing for this spectacular smartphone. However, currently, recruitment has been spotted in the South East Asia countries, however, this project will gradually expand further in other markets.
We know that every Huawei Nova 5T user wants to jump on the EMUI 12 beta testing pool and try the latest EMUI 12 features. If you really want to join the EMUI 12 beta, try the following linked article for a complete step-by-step guide.
How to join EMUI 12 beta [Step by Step]
Once joined, Huawei Nova 5T owners will be able to download the EMUI 12 beta OTA update.
Huawei has started EMUI 12 beta recruitment on December 1, 2021, and it’ll conclude the entire application process by the 20th of January 2022.
FUT also known as a friendly-user trial, is to recruit real users to participate in the beta test of the software versions, in order to verify the product features and ensure product quality.
The number of beta users is limited, therefore it recruits users on a first-come-first-served basis. If you have met any problem when using the new version, you can submit the issue through the Beta app that will help Huawei to search and fix the bug for you.
First Phase Beta:
Last month, Huawei began the initial EMUI 12 beta testing for a number of flagship devices including Huawei Mate 40 Pro, P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+ and Mate 30 Pro devices. Thereafter, the beta build was released for the corresponding models through an OTA software update.
EMUI 12 comes with a bunch of new design changes that will enhance your user experience with new user interface design as well as new UI animations. The overall enhanced with features such as Device+, Control Panel as well as other important aspects.
EMUI 13.1 will launch for global Huawei smartphones
Huawei will launch EMUI 13.1 software for smartphones and it will bring new features to smartphones. According to the information, this software will include various new capabilities for global Huawei smartphones.
Earlier this year, we asked Huawei about EMUI 13.1 release. Our question was based on the concept of the dual flagship. It seems like, we were right and Huawei now confirmed that EMUI 13.1 will launch for global smartphones.
Huawei P60 series will unveil in the global market in May and these devices will pre-pack EMUI 13.1 along with Huawei Mate X3 foldable phone. You should know that EMUI 13.1 will reflect HarmonyOS 3.1. As Huawei P60 and Mate X3 devices bring this HarmonyOS version to China.
The new EMUI software will come with improvements in animation and the actions are smoother. However, the most interesting part of this new software relies on the fresh personalization features.
First is the highly customizable screen, which allows you to set an image on the lock screen and it will expand to the entire display with a transition.
3D AOD widgets will also improve your way to interact with always on display including animated user experience, which will activate when you wake up the phone. This is an interesting addition to software.
Icons are also refined with slight changes in appearance and the entire UI responds better with each tap. Don’t forget that the new EMUI version will get you brand-new camera features. It has a brand new zoom bar that you can use by moving left or right similar to a camera.
Huawei cameras also get new options below the shutter button. You just have to tap on the upside icon and reveal the most common options and get more convenience. Currently, Huawei has not revealed the roadmap for this software but we’ll keep you posted with further development on this matter.
Huawei EMUI March 2023 Updates List
Huawei has released March 2023 EMUI security patch details for global users and updates are flying everywhere among global smartphones. On the other hand, most Huawei phones have already received February 2023 security patch.
Huawei rolls out these software upgrades to improve the user experience. Therefore, it’s recommended that you install the latest firmware to keep your smartphone up to date with the latest security solutions. That’s not it, Huawei could also send some system patches for performance improvement, which you can check manually via Settings.
Meanwhile, users are eagerly waiting for a new major upgrade – EMUI 13. Interestingly, March also going silent, as we move half-way-through this month. It’s been a year since EMUI 12 made its debut and still, users now asking for Huawei’s take on EMUI 13 release for old devices.
Other than this, Huawei is also preparing to launch the Huawei P60 series, which will bring a number of new technologies. Furthermore, it could come with various new features, which may later be added to EMUI software. Yet, none of these are confirmed officially.
But we’ll keep you posted with all of the latest development in this story.
Until then, check all the Huawei EMUI software updates rolling out in March 2023.
On March 31, 2023: Huawei released a new comprehensive firmware version for the Huawei P40 lite smartphone in the global market. The build version is 126.96.36.1991 and it comes in batches. Users of this phone may experience a new change in Device+ smart device management feature.
March 25, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y70 receives 188.8.131.52 software with March 2023 security patch for better system security.
- Huawei Nova 9 gets EMUI 184.108.40.2066 with several new optimizations including display, apps, system, and stability.
March 21, 2023:
- Huawei P40 Lite users in Europe are getting firmware version 220.127.116.118 with the latest security patch solutions.
- The latest feature-packed Huawei Mate 50 Pro software update for global users is reaching more places, allowing them to experience the latest additions on the go.
March 20, 2023:
- Huawei is sending a new software update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone in the global market that comes with March 2023 security update and firmware version 18.104.22.1682.
March 18, 2023:
Huawei Mate 50 Pro in the global market is getting a new software update that comes with EMUI version 22.214.171.124 and a package size of 867 megabytes. However, the changelog of this update is more interesting because there are a lot of changes inside.
According to the information, Huawei is sending new camera improvements for better photography, it also has apps and sound quality optimizations. Furthermore, you will latest solutions for better system performance and security. Read more here.
March 10, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is one of the first smartphones to get the March 2023 security update, it’s EMUI firmware version is 126.96.36.1997.
March 9, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 8i, Nova Y61, and Nova Y60 are grabbing February 2023 security update with EMUI version 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, and 220.127.116.11 for Nova 8i, Y61, and Y60 respectively.
March 7, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 7 is receiving a new firmware update that comes with build version 18.104.22.168, which improves the phone’s security by featuring EMUI February 2023 patch.
March 6, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is getting a new software update in the global market that comes with February 2023 security patch and it has EMUI version 22.214.171.1242.
March 4, 2023:
- Huawei FreeBuds 5i is up to grab a new system stability firmware upgrade that improves these earbuds’ performance.
- Huawei P40 Lite can now download February 2023 security patch via OTA and the version is 126.96.36.1998.
March 3, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 10 series is one of the earliest phones to launch with pre-installed EMUI 12 and now the Chinese tech maker is sending February 2023 security update for this smartphone in the global market.
March 2, 2023:
- Huawei has released a new software update for the P30 Pro flagship with version 188.8.131.52 and it comes with February 2023 security patch for improved system safety. While, users of this phone want to fix the blur issue that is occurring on the main camera of the flagship.
Huawei P40 lite gets March 2023 update with new Device+ addition
Huawei P40 lite is one of the most amazing smartphones to buy and the company is now sending a new software update for this device that brings March 2023 security patches.
You should know that such updates roll out in batches and may take some time to reach the smartphone. However, you are free to check this release manually via Settings. If you have more doubts on this matter, please check the instructions mentioned below.
Huawei P40 Lite comes with a 6.4-inch display and it’s powered by Kirin 810 (7 nm) chipset with Octa-core (2×2.27 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×1.88 GHz Cortex-A55) and Mali-G52 MP6 GPU.
The phone equips a quad camera system including a 48 MP main camera with f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF + an 8 MP (ultrawide) with f/2.4 + a 2 MP macro camera with f/2.4 and a 2 MP f/2.4 aperture depth camera. The phone has a 16 MP front-facing camera with f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.06″.
Looking at the firmware, the March 2023 update for Huawei P40 Lite comes with EMUI 12 version 184.108.40.2061. You will have to download an update package size of 424 MB. The changelog only says about the security patches but there’s more on this matter that you should know.
Huawei has also installed a new widget to the Device+ feature, which allows you to manage watch and band devices directly from the control panel.
How to update:
To install the latest software update, head towards Settings > from here and tap on System & updates. Now you need to open the Software updates menu and not tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES at the bottom of the screen.