Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) posts record progress in 2022
Amid challenges and restrictions, Huawei Mobile Services AKA HMS ecosystem is growing rapidly and touching new heights as 2022 marks record progress for this suite of services.
Huawei Mobile Services is a suite of cloud-based applications that are designed to provide various features across different Huawei devices and software.
So, how we’ll measure Huawei Mobile Services progress in 2022? Actually, we’ve some statics and numbers to show you what HMS has achieved this year.
- AppGallery now has over 580 million active monthly users (MAUs) around the world – an increase of 16% vs 2020 Q3; and the MAUs of Quick Apps now exceeds 160 million.
- The number of apps that can be downloaded from AppGallery to HMS smartphones has increased by 147% year-on-year.
- More than 220,000 applications are integrated with HMS Core worldwide; up by 120% vs 2020 Q3.
- AppGallery enabled over 432 billion app distributions in 2021, a jump of 12.5% over 2020 and 96% compared with 2019. Outside the Chinese mainland, the distribution quality has a notable year-on-year increase of 56%.
- Registered developers working with HMS worldwide have grown by 200% from 2020 Q3 to 6 million now.
- Huawei Mobile Services covers 8 major regional centers and 15 data centers, covering over 170 countries/regions around the world.
- Huawei ID, the fully secure log-in gateway to all Huawei services including AppGallery, Huawei Health, and Huawei Cloud now has more than 400 million MAUs. The Huawei ID ensures that users’ personal details are fully protected whether they are downloading apps, managing multiple devices, backing up data, and much more.
- Petal Search, HMS’s proprietary search engine, now has a feature that allows users to explore information via text, visual, and voice connecting with over 3000 ecosystem partners.
- Petal Search is currently providing full coverage of football action, ranging from information about the teams and tournament, features that allow fans to vote for their team, and multiple statistics to enhance their enjoyment of the event.
- With MAUs now exceeding 40 million, Petal Maps, the popular navigation tool, has just rolled out new updates to include AR Walking Navigation, Real-Time Location Sharing and a User Growth System, which creates a more immersive and realistic map experience for users.
- Huawei Assistant achieved over 260 million MAUs by September this year, providing users with SmartCare Cards convenient services and building full-scenario services including travel, urban, shopping, and finance services.
- Global search services for 310 million users are now being provided by Huawei AI Search connecting them with local, network, and global information in more than 170 countries and regions.
Huawei tech can adjust car ambient light with driver’s heart rate
Huawei has released a new patent, which can control the ambient light of a car according to the user’s heart rate. As a technology company, Huawei’s strength in scientific research is obvious to all and it has many exclusive technologies in many aspects. In addition to the communication industry, Huawei’s new electric vehicle projects in cooperation with other car companies have also come as a good achievement.
On March 31, Huawei Technologies announced a patent with application number CN115871551A an “ambient lighting control method, device, equipment, storage, and vehicle”. The patent submission date of this patent is September 28, 2021, and the publication date is March 31, 2023.
According to the patent details, the tech relates to the field of automobiles and discloses an ambient light control method, device, equipment, storage medium, and vehicle.
In action, the user’s heart rate is acquired through an ultra-bandwidth radio frequency signal. Also, the brightness and color of ambient lights around the user are dynamically adjusted according to the user’s heart rate.
The Huawei car technology used in this entire scenario can detect the effective interaction between the change of the user’s physical signs (including heart rate) and adjust the ambient light without any manual interactions. Therefore improving the user experience of the ambient light and the driving experience of the vehicle.
Huawei and SERES are working on a collaborative car brand, the AITO Wenjie series of vehicles. The series has delivered over 75000 vehicles in 2022. Within two months, the monthly vehicle sale volume has exceeded 10000.
Recently, Yu Chengdong, Executive Director of Huawei, CEO of Smart Devices BG, and CEO of Smart Car Solution BU announced that All of the AITO smart car series will receive HarmonyOS 3. This will install brand-new features and improve user experience.
We don’t have information about the production of this new technology but it may be used in the future generation of car models.
Huawei Music and Beijing Universal sings high-quality music access agreement
During the 10th China Network Audiovisual conference, Huawei Music and Beijing Universal Audiovisual held an ecosystem cooperation agreement signing ceremony.
Under this agreement, Huawei Music will get access to the high-quality digital music library, and new song content of Beijing Universal Audiovisual Publishing. This music library includes the classical and folk music category content.
Wu Hao, CEO of Huawei Interactive Media Corps and President of Huawei Devices Cloud Service Interactive Media BU said Huawei Music will be based on the HarmonyOS operating system meta-service distribution model.
It will use a personalized algorithm and will perform high-quality works from famous artists and college orchestras from the Central Conservatory of Music.
Precisely recommended to different users of Huawei phones, speakers, cockpits, earphones, and other equipment through Huawei’s high-definition full-link technology.
It is used to present lossless sound quality so that listeners can experience the ultimate listening effect as if they were on the spot, restore the unique charm of high-quality music, and create a comfortable experience of music space.
“Beijing Universal Audio-Visual has a large number of high-quality classical music content from China’s highest music schools, top orchestras, and outstanding musicians. The comprehensive cooperation with Huawei Music can be described as a strong alliance. Both parties have Complementary advantages, sharing resources, and jointly exploring more diversified ways to bring high-quality classical music to the public, and carry out ‘first try’ cooperation based on spatial audio technology, to bring top-level classical music listening experience to Huawei Music users .” said Professor Zhang Shuai, President of Beijing Universal Audio-Video Publishing Co., Ltd.
Huawei Music launched the Hi-Classica music zone in 2022. Through the cooperation of authoritative experts, massive content resources, and professional editing and operation, it will lead the audience into the high-quality artistic atmosphere of classical music.
The zone launches classics from world-renowned labels such as Warner Classics, Deutsche Grammophon, Decca, and Sony Classical, and cooperates with industry leaders such as Chen Li and Yang Xuefei to launch over 50 episodes of recommended playlists.
It also has appreciation columns and creates a space for classical music with partners The audio version adds spatial sense coordinates to the user’s listening, and injects the shocking feeling of “sound” at the scene.
Meng Wanzhou will lead Huawei from April 1st
Ms. Meng Wanzhou will lead Huawei for the next three months, as she takes on her role of rotating chairman from April 1, 2023, to September 30, 2023. The rotating chairman is the highest leader of the company during his duty, presiding over the company’s board of directors and the standing committee of the board of directors.
Meng Wanzhou graduated from Huazhong University of Science and Technology with a master’s degree. Joined Huawei in 1993. She has successively served as the company’s international accounting director.
She is the chief financial officer (CFO) of Huawei Hong Kong and president of the accounting management department. Meng is also the current vice chairman, rotating chairman, and CFO of the company.
Since 2003, Meng Wanzhou has led the establishment of a globally unified Huawei financial organization structure, process, system, and IT platform. From 2007 to 2014, Meng Wanzhou promoted the IFS (Integrated Financial Services) reform in Huawei globally, making refined management one of the genes of Huawei’s continuous growth.
In 2014, Meng Wanzhou led Huawei’s data transformation, established a comprehensive data management system, realized “counting a hole”, and made data a strategic asset of the company.
During the same period, she enabled financial organizations to become business partners and value integrators. She proposed reform projects such as internal control of financial reports, consistency of accounts and facts, fund management, and tax management. Meng Wanzhou also supported the rapid and steady development of the company’s business globally.
Since 2019, Meng Wanzhou has built an overall blueprint for financial digitization in line with the company’s strategic vision and long-term development plan.
Realize non-contact risk control through the construction of risk probes and risk control models. And establish an agile operation and management system based on data and AI algorithms to realize intelligent operation management and decision-making.
Furthermore, she brought in an integrated combat command platform based on data transparency and real-time Interaction to realize coordinated operations and three-dimensional command in key financial and economic operation scenarios.
Under the leadership of Meng Wanzhou, Huawei Finance has become a world-leading digital and intelligent financial organization, which has built a solid and reliable business foundation for Huawei. Huawei investors believe that Meng Wanzhou will continue to lead the company toward a bright 2023.