Huawei MatePad T8 tablet has started receiving a new software update. This new update, which carries the EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.0.155 and includes the June 2021 security patch that fixes a number of security and privacy-related vulnerabilities.
Besides the security improvements, there aren’t any serious bug fixes or anything new recognized in the changelog. With the new security patch, the device’s security will be enhanced and will provide a better user experience.
To be mentioned, this is a staged rollout as usual and may take some time to arrive on your device. It has a download size of around 76MB. Check the download instructions mentioned below.
Huawei claims that its June 2021 security patch comes with fixes for a number of exploits and issues at different levels, this includes 2 critical and 13 high levels of CVEs for improved device protection and brings stability.
Launched back in 2020, the MatePad T8 tablet comes with an 8-inch display and is available in both WiFi and 4G cellular version. It packs a massive 5100mAh battery and currently has EMUI 10.1 operating system.
Things to remember:
- Do take a backup of your important data to avoid data loss.
- Maintain enough battery and storage before installing the update.
- The EMUI version and the size of the update may vary.
- Make sure that your device is not root.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
How to check for updates
- Open Settings
- System & Updates
- Software Updates
- Then tap the Check for updates option
- If an update arrived, then tap Download and install
- After installing reboot the device
Via Support app
- Open Support app
- Navigate to the Service tab
- Click Update
- Tap on Check for update option
- If found, click Download and install
- After installing reboot the device
(Source – Huawei Ailesi)
Huawei P40 August 2022 EMUI update rolling out for global users
We are in the third week of August, and Huawei has started distributing the freshly released security patch to its high-class smartphone lineup. At this moment, the company has rolled out the August 2022 EMUI update for the Huawei P40 smartphone users in the global market.
It’s been a few days since the company started dispatching the latest security patch among its devices. To begin with, Huawei gave the chance to Mate 40 Pro users to experience the new improvements and fixes by pushing off the latest update.
In that manner, the P40 smartphone is the second Huawei device to attain the August 2022 EMUI update. Users residing in the global region can identify the update with version 188.8.131.528 (C432E5R4P5). Besides, you have to download a software package of 364MB to install the new EMUI 12 firmware.
On reading the changelog, we only find the presence of the August 2022 security patch. However, the update still proves to be beneficial as the respective patch brings fixes to 12 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities.
Aside, the newly released security patch also mends the video framework, improves the functioning of the My Huawei app, and optimizes the AOD lock screen module. Therefore, we recommend the corresponding device owners install the update as soon as it knocks on the doors of your notification panel.
How to install the latest security update?
Although the company has started pushing the firmware update through the OTA method in the region. Yet, you have the choice to jump into the update section of your device and download the update manually.
For doing so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Settings
- Scroll down and select System & Updates
- Tap on Software Updates
- Click on Check for Updates option
- Let the device finish the search for an appropriate update
- Press the Download & Install tab
If these steps don’t work out then you can also request the My Huawei app for updates. Just open the app > Updates > Download & Install.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
|| Source ||
Huawei Band 7 August 2022 update improves iOS notification experience
Huawei is immensely busy with the developments of the Mate 50 series. But it doesn’t made any delays in processing the new firmware for its devices. Currently, the company is rolling out the August 2022 optimization update for Huawei Band 7.
The ultimate product – Huawei Band 7 is one of the best options in the smart wearable categories. The device appears in front of consumers with breathtaking layouts and designs. Besides, its powerful performance and iconic feature packed in a slim cage make it a higher in-demand product in the market.
And to uplift this performance and functioning to the next level, Huawei has released the August 2022 optimization update for the Band 7 gadgets. The new firmware is arriving on the HarmonyOS surface with the build version 184.108.40.206 (P1M02).
Though the package size of the update is quite small (4.62MB). But the company didn’t make any compromise in offering effective optimizations and new features. So, are you ready to find what new changes will take place in Huawei Band 7 with the latest update?
Then let’s tour the changelog in a little more detailed manner!
HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 Changelog
To begin with new add-ons, Huawei has added the Healthy Life application to the device system. As a result, now your respective wearable will help you to retain productive healthy habits. Besides, you can find some healthy tips and tricks.
Ahead we have the optimization section. The latest update works on improving the accuracy of swimming stroke statistics. Now you will find a more definitive report of your swimming activity. Further, it optimizes the iOS smartphone message notification.
This is pretty interesting, as now users will be able to enjoy a more enhanced and sophisticated iOS notification experience on their hands. Moreover, you can easily connect and tackle most of your iPhone operations without the phone.
Last, but not least, the update focuses on retaining the stability of the system in some scenarios. Consequently, users will find a more reliable and persistent wearable system after feeding this update to the Band 7 device.
How to Update?
If you are a new customer and using the Huawei Band 7 for the first time, then here is how you can update your device in easy steps:
- Connect your Huawei bracelet to your smartphone
- Open Huawei Health App
- Tap on the Device section
- Fill up the device details and tap on Software Update
- Hit the Download and Install tab to the available update
|| Source ||
Huawei EMUI August 2022 Updates List
We are stepping in the second week of August 2022, and Huawei has begun unfolding the new EMUI-based firmware updates. After, wrapping up the grand HarmonyOS 3.0 event, the company has again turned itself to its regular EMUI update distribution process.
Apart from the security improvements, the company has released some major EMUI software updates for eligible devices. So far, these devices include some unexpected members of the Huawei product family. For instance the P Smart series, Mate 10 series, and Y9 Prime smartphones.
In this long run of software updates, Huawei has also unveiled the August 2022 EMUI security patch which is the standard solution for bugs and issues. The respective patch fixes a good number of vulnerabilities of the device and makes the security system more efficient for the users.
For the moment, the company is busy dispatching the July 2022 EMUI patch for smart gadgets across the globe. And with the upcoming firmware updates, Huawei will deliver the August 2022 security updates and will release them for the devices running on the EMUI system.
So Huawei fans, to keep your device up-to-date, we recommend installing the latest software to your respective handy gadgets. However, it might now be possible to catch every info regarding new updates here and there. Hence, we are here with this thoughtful article that will bring you the daily report of new updates.
Huawei EMUI August 2022 Updates:
August 15, 2022
- EMUI July 2022 update is now live for Huawei P Smart 2021
- The EMUI 12-based July 2022 security patch is making its way to the Huawei P40 Lite smartphone users in the European markets. Check out what’s new with this update. Read More
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro users become the first and foremost to receive EMUI August 2022 security update. The latest firmware is rolling out in the Middle East markets for the moment and will gradually move to other regions.
- Breaking: Stable EMUI 12 rolling out for Huawei P Smart Z. [Changelog]
August 12, 2022
- Heir of the P series – the Huawei P50 smartphone is receiving the July 2022 EMUI security update in Europe. The update improves the overall system of the device and brings more stability.
August 09, 2022
- Huawei has started expanding the Nova 5T July 2022 EMUI security update with version 18.104.22.168 in the global market.
August 08, 2022
- Huawei is working to expand the EMUI 12 update for its old flagship devices. At this moment, the company is rolling out the EMUI software for Mate 10 Pro smartphone users. Read More
August 06, 2022
- Huawei started expanding the EMUI 12 software update for the P Smart 2019 smartphone users for more global users. [Changelog]
- Huawei Nova 5T users have begun collecting the EMUI July 2022 security update in Europe. The update brings a bunch of improvements and enhances the overall system of the device.
August 05, 2022
- The clamshell-designed Huawei P50 Pocket foldable started receiving the July 2022 EMUI security patch update in West Europe and France market.
August 04, 2022
- Huawei is working to expand the recently released July 2022 security patch fixes to the Nova 7 5G smartphone users. The latest patch is arriving on the EMUI 12 surface with the 22.214.171.124 version.
August 03, 2022
- Huawei is expanding the July 2022 security update for the Nova 5T smartphone users in Europe. The company has recently rolled out the respective patch in the region and now has started to gradually expand it for more users.
- Huawei has started the expansion of the major EMUI 12 software update for the P30 Lite smartphone users across the globe. [Features]
- Huawei is rolling out the June 2022 security patch for the Nova 7i smartphone in the Asian and Australian markets. Read More
August 02, 2022
- Huawei has begun expanding the July 2022 security update for the Mate 40 Pro smartphone running on the EMUI system in Europe.
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable smartphone is now receiving the July 2022 security patch with EMUI software update. The update is hovering in the global market with new improvements for the system. Read More
- Huawei has started rolling out the first EMUI update for the sleek-looking smartphone – Nova Y70. The budget-friendly device is gaining new firmware with a handful of optimizations for the optical part and the internal system. [Changelog]
August 01, 2022
- Huawei has started distributing the July 2022 EMUI security update for the Huawei Mate 40 Pro smartphone. The update is approaching the Europe region with the 126.96.36.1990 build version. Read More