Huawei is sending a December 2021 HarmonyOS software update for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 inches tablet. According to the information, this update comes with HarmonyOS 2 version 126.96.36.199, which is upgraded from 188.8.131.52 in China.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 inch December 2021 update log added the support for Huawei’s first-generation M-Pencil and enhances the capabilities to discover and connect to smartphones as well as optimizes multi-screen collaboration.
In addition to this, it also installs the HarmonyOS security patch released in December 2021 that protects the device from threats. It fixes 1 CVE in the framework, 2 CVEs in Kernel, 3 CVEs in the system, 3 CVEs in applications, and 62 CVEs in the third-party libraries.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
For more information, check the full changelog below…
New software update details:
- Stylus: Added support for the first-generation Huawei M-Pencil. Just swipe inward from the upper right corner of the screen to experience global annotations and one-click extract.
- System: Improves support capabilities, can discover and connect to mobile phones, quickly realize multi-screen collaboration with the mobile phone.
- Security: Installs latest December 2021 security patch for improved system security.
Things to know:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
HOW TO INSTALL:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, tap on the update, then select Check for updates, and then download and install.