From September 10, Huawei has started the testing program of its latest Android-based operating system for its devices. Following the EMUI 11 beta testing, Huawei has released the stable EMUI 11 version for Huawei P40, Mate 30, MatePad Pro, Nova 7, and Nova 6 series.
Moving ahead, Huawei has recruited Mate Xs on September 29 for EMUI 11 beta and then released the first and second beta versions and now sending the EMUI 11 stable version for Huawei Mate Xs users.
According to the official EMUI 11 rollout schedule, Huawei Mate Xs global users will grab the EMUI 11 version in January 2021.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
More detailed information regarding version and changelog mentioned below:
Full OTA for EMUI 10.1 Users: Huawei Mate Xs users on EMUI 10.1 receiving a full OTA with EMUI version 22.214.171.124. Users required to be on EMUI 10.1.0.142.
Stable Patch for EMUI 11 Beta Testers: Existing EMUI 11 beta testers receiving a stable patch with version 126.96.36.199. The Beta testers should be on EMUI 188.8.131.52.
Tip: We recommend you to back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
What’s New for EMUI 11 Beta Users:
- Camera: Adds a Picture-in-Picture preview frame in the viewfinder when the zoom level is set to 15x or higher to help you focus.
- System: Optimizes system stability
- Security: Installs the October 2020 security patch
What’s New for EMUI 10.1 Users:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize your screen and showcase your personal style by adding text and images to your lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- System-level translation: Browse foreign language articles or pictures, press with one or two fingers to translate words or paragraphs, freely adjust the translation Area, easy to understand the content, and information.
- Transparent permission: The application permission pop-up box displays instructions for you to choose to authorize or reject (currently some applications support).
- Hide Display Message: When screencasting in mobile mode, enable the message do not disturb function, which allows the phone’s incoming calls and message banner notifications to be displayed only on the phone interface, which protects privacy and ensures the continuity of screencasting.
POINTS TO KNOW BEFORE UPDATE:
- Currently, this update is rolling out in batches for Chinese models.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.