The story of HarmonyOS smartphone testing began on December 16, 2020. At this date, Huawei announced HarmonyOS 2.0 Developer beta testing for a number of old flagships. Initially, HarmonyOS become available in the testing range of Huawei developers and industry partners. The HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta testing slots for models from Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro series devices.
Post recruitment, Huawei selected and processed the developer beta applications and sent the first HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta OTA update to select testers.
Since beta testing is a staged process, Huawei conducted and released several betas builds to developers. After three months of internal beta flight, in April, the company expanded HarmonyOS beta testing for more devices such as Mate 40 series, Mate X2, and others, labeled under HarmonyOS 2.0 developer open beta.
In the following month, mid-range smartphones – Huawei Nova 6, Nova 7, and Nova 8 lineups also joined the second phase beta activity in the second round of the Developer Open beta.
After 6 months of trials and developer testing, Huawei finally made up its mind of sending HarmonyOS on the consumer version of smartphones and it began on June 2.
On June 2, Huawei officially launched HarmonyOS for smartphone devices, a brand new operating system and a successor of EMUI software system, which was based on Android.
HarmonyOS is surely interesting, isn’t it? But the key interesting thing is, which devices will get HarmonyOS software update and when will it start to rollout? Well, Huawei has shared its official roadmap of upgrading old devices with its operating system and it’s detailed below.
This rollout plan has blown my mind as it covers devices that go up to the year 2016, and it’s absolutely insane and beyond my words. This is surely exciting news for the Huawei consumers and it reflects that Huawei wants to change all of the Huawei devices (launched in the past) on HarmonyOS.
Here, you can check all of the information about the HarmonyOS upgrade plan, timeline, and rollout devices.
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from June 2, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 40E
- Huawei Mate X2
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 4G
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro Plus
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30E Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 30 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 5G
- Huawei MatePad Pro WiFi
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from the third quarter of 2021:
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Lohas Edition
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Vitality Edition
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro 4G
- Huawei Nova 7 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G
- Huawei Nova 6
- Huawei Nova 6 5G
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
- Huawei MatePad 10.8 inches
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 inches
- Huawei MatePad 5G 10.4 inches
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from the fourth quarter of 2021:
- Huawei Smart Screen V 55 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 75 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 85 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 55
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 75
- Huawei Smart Screen S 55
- Huawei Smart Screen S 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S 75
- Huawei Smart Screen X 65
- Huawei P30
- Huawei Mate 20 X 4G
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Mate X
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G
- Huawei Maimang 9
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet 2
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from the first half of 2022:
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei P20
- Huawei Nova 4
- Huawei Nova 3
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro
- Huawei Nova 5z
- Huawei Nova 5
- Huawei Nova 4e
- Huawei Maimang 8
- Huawei Enjoy 9S
- Huawei Nova 5i
- Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus
- Huawei Mate 9
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design
- Huawei P10
- Huawei P10 Plus
- Huawei Nova 2s
- Huawei Enjoy 10
- Huawei Enjoy 10s
- Huawei Enjoy 9 Plus
- Huawei Nova 3i
- Huawei MediaPad M5 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 8 inches
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet
- Huawei Smart Screen V55i
- Huawei Smart Screen V65i
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65 2019
- Huawei Smart Screen V 76 2019
- This plan will first apply to the Chinese models
- This list could be updated
- Global Huawei models could differ from the Chinese model
- Rollout time for global models could be different
OpenHarmony gets permission to publish software threat details
OpenAtom Foundation has officially announced that it has obtained permission for CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) disclosure. Finally, OpenHarmony will get the chance to publish its software details and exploits of the system.
According to the latest information, the OpenAtom Foundation has recently participated in the CNA (Common Vulnerability Disclosure Numbering Authority) program. Consequently, the organization gave the honor to the foundation to become the numbering authority.
OpenHarmony is an open-source project managed and operated by the OpenAtom Foundation. The main aim of this project is to build an open-source, distributed operating system framework for smart devices. So far, the respective project has several rights to go with. However, it remains stagnant from the discovery and publishing of the vulnerabilities and exposures of its systems.
As of now, the firm has qualified for the CVE general vulnerability disclosure issuing. This means that now the OpenHarmony system has full right to define its software details and identify the exploits and security threats if any.
How does the CVE Disclosure work?
Generally, the CVE authority, established in September 1999 is a global non-profit institution. The institute has various IT vendors, security firms, and security research centers around the globe. Together, these cooperations contribute to the issuance and managing of the software details of a particular system.
Apart from these cooperations, some specific stakeholders help to find the vulnerability in the system. These individuals identify the threats of the software through a unique CVE code. This code helps the operators trace the issues and find a definitive solution for them. Thereafter, the company releases the patches based on these threats.
Since OpenHarmony has become the CVE numbering authority, the firm is free to manage and handle the CVE numbers related to the OpenHarmony community. On the other hand, it is now responsible for assigning and describing the errors in the authorization.
You can understand in a better way about the OpenHarmony Vulnerability policy, HERE.
Huawei Mate 40E begin obtaining HarmonyOS 3 beta update
Huawei Mate 40E series devices users can now experience a more personalized display layout with a furthermore privacy security feature, that forces your device to serve a secure status for a more transparent and controllable. Alongside this, managing data protection is more secure and easier.
Mate 40E Pro NOH-AN50
Mate 40E OCE-AN50
Mate 40E 4G OCE-AL50
Huawei Mate 40E users can now explore the new phase with the new version of their smartphone. The HarmonyOS 3 beta version can be known through the 18.104.22.168 build, which is upgraded over the HarmonyOS 22.214.171.1248 build.
However, the HarmonyOS 3 beta version of the Huawei Mate 40E series users are blessed with the latest software update to redesign the overall memorandum of the feature and give them a fresh start. Below you can check the complete changelog that will incorporate into your device.
- Stackable: you can view cards by swiping up and down, or by pulling down and then swiping left to delete, you can also drag to change the order of the cards or add them to the desktop.
- Combinable: You can combine cards of different sizes and application shortcuts into one. Cards and combined cards can be resized, and you can apply combined templates with a single click.
- Smart folder: There are additional sizes and styles available, and you can change the size by long-pressing the folder. You can always find the right one, no matter how much or how little you apply. Storage options, as well as more efficient use of desktop space
- Smart desktop layout: Kneading the desktop intelligently layouts the desktop, you can categorize applications and cards by color and function, and one-click selection generates a personalized desktop automatically.
- Xiaoyi: Xiaoyi recommends continuous wisdom upgrading and can dynamically recommend services or applications based on time, scene, location, and usage habits, among other things, providing you with a time-saving and convenient experience.
Full-scene smart life:
- Super terminal: Hyperterminal has been fully expanded to support more device types, various devices can be flexibly combined, interconnected, and coordinated, and devices with different Huawei IDs can also be quickly interconnected, allowing the benefits of each device to be freely invoked.
- Broadcast control center: Support for connecting two pairs of Bluetooth headphones at the same time has been added, for one song, two people can enjoy and listen to the beauty together, in addition, a multi-device broadcast control function has been added, which can conveniently control the music playback of nearby speakers through the mobile phone’s broadcast control center.
Performance and power consumption:
- Superframe game engine: The superframe game engine has been improved further, and energy consumption has been reduced by intelligently scheduling CPU and memory resources.
Privacy and security:
- Privacy center: Provides you with access to all application permissions in the General dashboard, as well as proactive privacy protection suggestions for potential risks You are aware that for all visits
- Security Center: You can check the security status of the current device or other devices with the same Huawei ID at any time, proactively assisting you in identifying problems and providing protection The device is said to be safer and more reliable.
- Visual Aid: Image description and text recognition functions have been added, which can report the characteristics and positions of people or objects recognized in the scene, the text content recognized in the reading environment, describing people appearing in the camera lens, and so on.
- Hearing Aid: Supports quick connection with hearing aids, You can quickly discover nearby hearing aid devices through Bluetooth and easily pair and connect. Added vocal enhancement function, which optimizes the sound by enhancing the clarity of the human voice in the environment, calls, and media to make the sound heard more clearly.
Huawei P50 Pro gets August 2022 optimization update [CN]
Huawei has just released the July 2022 security patch update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone users for better security and stability. Still, it has been recently reported that Huawei P50 Pro users get another new, August 2022 optimization update to enhance the current version stability.
However, it’s normal to roll out two different updates for the device, including the monthly security patch and system optimization. By doing this, the company may want to optimize the remaining feature that wasn’t mentioned in the security patch.
Notably, both the update will not add any new features for you, it just aims to encounter your issue with the Huawei devices. And try to boost them in a positive aspect to give enhanced functioning.
Likewise, the new August 2022 update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone, brings an improvement in the system security protection capabilities. Alongside this, it optimizes the system stability in some situations.
So, if your Huawei P50 Pro devices running over the HarmonyOS 126.96.36.1998 version, then it’s time to furnish its features with the new HarmonyOS 188.8.131.522 build version, but for this its essential that your smartphone JAD-AL50 and JAD-AL60 model number.
Are you a HarmonyOS 3 beta tester?
Have you upgraded your Huawei P50 Pro smartphone over the HarmonyOS 3 beta 2 version?
Huawei brings a number of improvements and fixes for some of the features over the current version of HarmonyOS 3. Including, display effect optimization of some interfaces and icons.
Optimize the use of some game situations and the NFC feature. Alongside the audio playback effect of some scenarios to improve the sound effect experience. So, if you are a beta tester then update it as soon as possible for better optimization. Also, you can share your experience with us.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter