Huawei has officially launched HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile beta for the developers and the company is now moving forward by opening its beta recruitment for the Huawei devices.
The earliest devices for HarmonyOS 2.0 include Huawei P40, Mate 30, and Mate Pro. On the other hand, the Huawei Mate 40 series will be added to the beta program later on.
Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile beta eligible devices:
- Huawei P40 – Required EMUI version (220.127.116.11)
- Huawei P40 Pro – Required EMUI version (18.104.22.168)
- Huawei Mate 30/5G – Required EMUI version (22.214.171.124)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro/5G – Required EMUI version (126.96.36.199)
- Huawei MatePad Pro/5G – Required EMUI version (188.8.131.52)
*Currently, only developers in China could get a slot in HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile beta.
Important information about HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta:
- Individual/enterprise developers can participate in beta activity.
- Selected testers will receive HarmonyOS via OTA.
- Beta OTA will be pushed within 1 or 2 working days after the confirmation email.
- Users can also roll back to the official version
According to the information, HarmonyOS 2.0 supports Android apps and currently, has changed the kernel or simply say internal parts of the operating system. While the user interface remains the same as EMUI but the system Android+EMUI is now replaced by HarmonyOS 2.0 +EMUI.