This month, Huawei released September 2021 EMUI security updates details ahead of time and continues to expand previously released patches. Currently, the rollout of June and July updates are on the move.
Last month, Huawei also revealed its new EMUI version – EMUI 12, but this new software remains under massive confusion or the global Huawei device owners. The EMUI 12 replicates the same feel of the HarmonyOS 2.0 user interface but clarification on its base software is still unsolved.
On the other hand, the Chinese tech maker is rapidly increasing the number of HarmonyOS powered devices, just recently, the company has crossed 90 million HarmonyOS installations in China alone.
This is quite an achievement, yet, it would be interesting if Huawei gives the same treatment for its global device owners that could further lead this number to new heights.
Amid these discussions, the wagon of regular EMUI software and security patches continues. Therefore, the Chinese phone maker keeps sending new upgrades to the Huawei phone users to improve their models.
With Huawei EMUI September 2021 Updates list, we will keep full track of all the security and feature-packed updates rolling out for Huawei devices in September 2021 and brief you about them.
Note: This list of devices will be regularly updated
Huawei EMUI September 2021 updates:
September 29, 2021:
- Huawei P40 September 2021 Security Patch Rolling Out for the global models.
- Huawei Nova 7i grabs September 2021 security update.
- September 2021 updates rolling out for the global Huawei Nova 5T users.
September 27, 2021:
- Huawei Band 6 latest firmware 188.8.131.52 update brings a bunch of new features along with a brand new screen lock feature upgrade. Read more.
September 25, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro is receiving September 2021 security patch for improved system security.
- Huawei P40 Lite gets packed with September 2021 update
September 24, 2021:
- Huawei P30 Lite July 2021 security update is rolling out for the global owners.
September 23, 2021:
- September 2021 update is now rolling out for these 12 phones running the EMUI software system. Read more about this update here.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro September 2021 update brings system stability improvements including system stability for better performance.
September 21, 2021:
- Huawei p20 global users are getting a new software update that brings July 2021 update for the consumers in the global market.
- Huawei MatePad 11 is receiving new software update that brings stylus improvement update.
September 20, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T getting September 2021 update rolling out after Huawei skips the August 2021 patch for this smartphone.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 smartwatch getting new features additions with the first beta rollout. Read more about this news here.
- Huawei Watch Fit September 2021 update is rolling out and brings a number of new optimizations for the system.
- HarmonyOS Cross-Device feature is now rolling out for the Huawei P50 Pro device.
September 19, 2021:
- Huawei MediaPad M5 tablet was released in 2018 and now this device is getting new apps as well as feature enhancements in the global market.
- Huawei Y9 2019 receiving new software update with new apps and security updates.
- Honor 9X Pro and Honor 10 Lite getting new software updates in the global market that installs June and July 2021 software updates.
September 17, 2021:
- New apps and features were released for the Huawei Nova 3i smartphone.
September 16, 2021:
- Following the so-called patch rollout, the P30 Lite is also receiving the July 2021 security patch with the latest rollout.
September 15, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 and Watch GT 2e grabbing a new software update in the global markets that brings new feature improvements for better performance.
September 14, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro with EMUI 11 getting July 2021 security patch.
September 12, 2021:
- New Firmware optimizations rolling out for the Huawei Watch GT 2 with September 2021 firmware update.
September 11, 2021:
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro getting Super Device support in China.
September 10, 2021:
- July 2021 security update is now rolling out for the Huawei Mate 10 Pro in the global market.
September 8, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting July 2021 security patch.
September 7, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite getting July 2021 security patch for improved system security.
September 6, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 3 gets a new update with a number of new apps and a May 2021 security patch, that improves system security and provides a new user experience.
September 3, 2021:
- Huawei Band 6 Pro getting new optimizations for better performance.
September 2, 2021:
- Huawei FreeLace Pro wireless neckband earphones receiving new Bluetooth optimizations.
September 1, 2021:
- Huawei P30 Lite New Edition is receiving July 2021 security update for improved system security.
- Honor 20 Youth Edition gets the first September 2021 security update.
Huawei Nova 9 global version comes with EMUI 12: PSA
Huawei Nova 9 is a versatile device that has huge features and camera details that provides a new user experience and camera prowess with its quad-camera system consisting of a 50MP high-quality main camera.
In terms of software, the Huawei Nova 9 for the global models has EMUI 12 that brings a new user interface and features that reflect HarmonyOS and give the same UI experience. Still, the mystery of EMUI 12 remains hidden, whether it’s an Android-based software or its HarmonyOS.
Learn more about EMUI 12 features here – EMUI 12 Features: New UI design, Motion effect, Control Panel, Device Plus and more
Huawei Nova 9: Global
According to the information, the Huawei Nova 9 has two color options – Starry Blue and Black. The phone is priced at 499 euros, in some markets, this new device will sale from November 2nd onwards, while its current availability remains under pre-order status.
In terms of specs, the Nova 9 features a 6.57-inch OLED display with FHD+ (2340 x 1080) resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, center hole-punch design, and curved edges.
This phone has a quad-camera system consisting of a 50 RYYB main camera, f/1.9 aperture + 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera, f/2.2 aperture + 2 MP depth of field camera, f/2.4 aperture, 2 MP macro camera, f/2.4 aperture.
On the front side, it has a 32MP (f/2.0 aperture) selfie camera. Both of these cameras provide different types of camera modes and photo enhancing features for you to make the most out of the camera specifications.
The Huawei Nova 9 expands at 160mm x 73.7mm x 7.77mm and 175g. In terms of battery, it has a 4300mAh battery along with a 66W super fast charge and USB Type-C input. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G processor provides faster task executions but it only has a 4G LTE model.
New system apps and improvements rolling out for the Huawei Mate 30 Pro [Global]
Huawei is now rolling out a new software update for the Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone in the global market with new apps. The company is sending this software update with a firmware version EMUI 184.108.40.206, the OTA package size is 1.26GB.
The Huawei Mate 30 Pro global update consists of new system apps including quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, Member Center, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard.
According to Huaweiblog, the latest Huawei Mate 30 Pro update consists of system stability for improved user experience. Aside from these improvements, the Mate 30 Pro doesn’t reflect any additions in the changelog.
To be mentioned, the software update is currently at the initial stage and will expand to more devices in the coming days or weeks.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro New Apps Update changelog:
Improves system stability in certain scenarios.
Adds the Huawei apps folder to the home screen to keep you up to date on popular apps.
Adds quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, Member Center, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard.
The apps can be downloaded by tapping the shortcuts. (Note: If the setting for Auto-update of apps in AppGallery is set to On or Wi-Fi only, app updates will be downloaded and installed automatically when the network connection is good.)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
The latest Huawei Mate 30 Pro update won’t delete your personal data, yet, an advance backup is recommended before updating the device for the worst-case. Furthermore, ensure enough memory storage, battery backup, and a strong internet connection before installing this update. However, if you still meet any problem during the update can seek help from the Huawei customer service center.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
How to Download the update:
There are two ways for downloading this update- first with a mobile setting and the second with the Support App. I have mentioned both you can download anyone you are more comfortable with.
Download Via Settings:
- Open smartpnoe Settings
- Select System
- Now click on Software update
- Then Check for updates
- If available, click Download and install
- Now you can Restart your device
Download via Support app
- Open Support app on your smartphone
- Go to the Service tab
- Now select Update
- Click on Check for Updates
- If available, then tap Download and install
- Now you can Restart your device
EMUI 12 Features: New UI design, Motion effect, Control Panel, Device Plus and more
Huawei has released the EMUI 12 operating system, which comes with a suite of new features, user interface (UI) design, animation effects, seamless device controller, and other important enhancements over EMUI 11.
EMUI 12 design reflects the design scheme of the HarmonyOS operating system. From UI to features, all carry the same rhythm. However, Huawei has remained silent on the based software of EMUI 12.
Let’s jump to the matter, and explore the EMUI 12 Features:
EMUI 12 comes with a new innovative user interface design that has beautiful rounds corners and provides a seamless viewing experience. There are finely tuned gradients that create a perfect sense of depth in the display, while the simple black, white and blue color format offers a clean and refined look.
This EMUI software comes with new animation effects that reflect realistic gravity and magnet animation effects. The latest animations added to the UI reflects the celestial objects move in the universe, and makes the overall touch interaction more smoother and interactive.
The new software supports stepless weight adjustment, which allows you to adjust the size and the weight of the font by just adjusting the slider. This new feature enhances the user’s viewing experience and makes the UI labels more visible for better UI controls.
Control Panel is an all-in-one solution that you can access by swiping down from the top right corner of the display. The Control Panel consists of audio playback, WiFi, and Bluetooth settings on the same screen.
That’s not it because the Control Panel the above-mentioned controls are followed by shortcut switches section. There’s also a Device+ section. The aim of the Control Panel is to provide you the quickest possible options on the go without at the fastest pace.
Compared to the EMUI 11, the Notification Center is now separated from the Quick settings panel. The users now have a brand new notification center, that you can access via swiping down from the top left corner of the display.
Finally, let’s talk about the “Device+”. This feature resembles the Super Device feature on the HarmonyOS 2. What are the use cases? Let’s take a brief look.
You can simply tap on the MatePad icon (as shown in the image) to activate a multi-screen collaboration with MatePad. This will help you conduct calls, send messages, and check photos from your phone on the tablet screen.
Once connected with MateBook, you can edit your phone’s files directly using your laptop’s bigger display with ease of access. Want to enjoy your phone’s content on an even bigger display? Don’t worry, EMUI 12’s Device+ supports Huawei Vision smart TVs.
Lastly, the earbuds support of the Device+ allows you to listen to should of the other connected device such as Huawei Vision, without disturbing other people.
Distributed File System:
Distributed File System is quite powerful and works best, with this feature, you can get instant access to your phone documents or photos as easily as to access another disk drive on your laptop.
Most interestingly, these all functionalities can be conducted without touching your phone’s data cable.
MeeTime video calls were introduced with EMUI 10.1 and improved in EMUI 11. With EMUI 12, Huawei is taking a step ahead, this feature now supports cross-device video calls, you can seamlessly shift video calls picked up on your phone to Huawei Vision by using the MeeTime Video Call Transfer feature, and shift the call back to your phone, as per your requirement.
Time to come to an important part – Performance, the EMUI 12, provides faster web pages and apps loading as you scroll. You can return to the page next time as you load it up.
Even after a long term of use, the EMUI 12 ensures to provide optimum performance, operation response, and app startup as it was doing initially.
Lastly, the security. EMUI 12 comes with better security and privacy protection, You can input your password to unlock your phone from your laptop while being connected to the Multi-screen collaboration feature.
Moreover, you can set your smartwatch as a trusted device of your phone for extra protection. Your phone will only respond when your phone is connected via Face unlock.