Mr. Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei Consumer BG has announced the company’s new strategic goals on his official Sina Weibo account:
- Huawei will become the world’s largest smartphone manufacturer.
- Honor will become the 2nd largest smartphone manufacturer in China, and 4th in the world.
- The company will support Honor in the development of cutting-edge products and continue its investments in technology innovation, channel distribution and retail strategies while maintaining a firm dual-brand strategy between Honor and Huawei. Both brands will maintain a forward-thinking mindset and help create an intelligent, fully-connected world.
According to Mr. Richard Yu, he believes that “Huawei Consumer BG has arrived at a brand new stage,” and that “Huawei and Honor are likely to become the world’s largest smartphone manufacturer this year.”
These new goals come after the company has achieved all seven strategic goals set by Mr. Richard Yu in 2012, including:
- Transform from ODM non-branded operator customization to an independent OEM brand
- Upgrade from low-end to mid- to high-end smart terminals
- Stop selling ultra-low-end feature phones with high sales volume but low profit
- Incorporate the HiSilicon quad-core processor and Balong chip
- Develop an e-commerce business
- Design an Emotion UI user experience
- Become the top performer in the global hardware industry
Huawei’s consumer business leads the company’s revenue with an increase of 48.4%, outperforming Huawei’s carrier network business.
Huawei celebrating the launch of Huawei P30 series with a spectacular LED light show on Burj Khalifa [Video]
Last year, Huawei’s consumer business achieved sales of RMB 348.9 billion, a year-on-year increase of 45.1%, making it the largest contributor to the company’s revenue.
Honor has cemented its leading position with strong growth, despite a global industry downturn.
According to IDC, the global smartphone market recorded a 3.1% year-over-year decline in shipments in the first three quarters of 2018, but Honor bucked that trend and achieved a 27.1% increase.
Also, Honor achieved a year-on-year (YoY) increase of over 170% in international sales in 2018. Honor ranked No.2 in global online sales volume with a 29.4% increase YoY in 2018 [Source: IDC Worldwide Mobile Phone Tracker, 2018].
Honor has launched a number of new technologies this year that showcase the brand’s pioneer position in the industry, including:
- 3D TOF: The Honor View20 includes a TOF (Time of Flight) 3D sensor in its rear camera system. With the added depth sensing, skeletal tracking, and real-time motion capturing capabilities enabled by this new sensor, the Honor View20 is a remarkably slim-bodied 3D transformer with functions like 3D Motion-Controlled Gaming, 3D Shaping, and Magic AR.
- All-View Display: The Honor View20 uses a 6.4-inch 2310p x 1080p display with 398 PPI. The new All-View display adopts an innovative in-screen camera design; it abandons the widely used notch design which occupies a relatively large area of the front panel and creates a very small hole with a diameter of only 4.5mm for the front camera. As a result, the Honor View20 provides a striking viewing experience with an extraordinary 91.8% body-to-screen ratio. The 19.5:9 wide screen of the Honor View20 is also close to the aspect ratio used in cinemas, providing an immersive movie-watching experience.
- 5G: Huawei and Honor have been deeply involved in all three levels of network progress, from 3G to 4G, and now 5G: the first involves standard and core patent initiators; the second are those who provide and verify solutions that promote network development; the third are smartphone brands based on 5G solution providers as well as manufacturers of 5G application services who create all kinds of apps. Honor has a head start in the tactical planning of 5G devices and plans to launch its first 5G mobile phone this year, according to Mr. George Zhao, President of Honor, at Mobile World Congress 2019.
“Honor is on the brink of yet another breakthrough and there is no slowing down for us. As the going gets tough, the tough get going. We’ll treat each day as an opportunity to deliver greater value to our fans. For Honor, the best is yet to come,” said Mr. George Zhao.
Apple opposing Huawei MatePod trademark, applied for new headphones
Recently, Huawei has published a new trademark opposition decision document that contains the relevant info about the Huawei MatePod trademark which is being opposed by Apple. It’s another trademark dispute of the smartphone maker with the other companies.
As per the information extracted from the document, the China base form has previously applied for the Huawei MatePod trademark name. It includes 9 kinds of international classifications under headphones electronic chips.
However, the US-based phone maker believes that its headphone collections- AirPods, EarPods are knowingly forged by the Chinese firm. Thus, it’s strictly opposed to using this name in practice. The company doesn’t want its customers to get confused.
The Chinese State Intellectual Property Office announced its verdict in favor of Huawei and grant the Huawei MatePod trademark name after giving a satisfactory clarification to Apple.
Although, the intellectual believes that the cited trademark (Apple accessories) and opposed trademark (Huawei MatePod) share the same functionality, marketing, and belong to the same industry. Still, the English latter composition, pronunciation, and overall appearance of both trademarks are easily recognizable.
Hence, there is no clashing scenario, so it won’t cause any confusion to the consumer of both companies. Moreover, the opponent’s claim of imitating the names hasn’t adequate facts, so the intellectuals are granting permission to Huawei.
Huawei Trademark Dispute:
Sony and Huawei: The Japanese company files a lawsuit against the Huawei Watch GT series in the UK IPO office. The reason was its famous racing game series Gran Turismo’ which is generally abbreviated as GT. However, the China-based firm isn’t easy to give up its famous smartwatch series label.
Xiaomi and Huawei: The Chinese Intellectual Property Database previously published a case dispute regarding Xiaomi’s “MiService” and Huawei’s “MyService” trademark. Containing almost similar pronunciation, and text style, Xiaomi’s trademark has been rejected.
Huawei CAF model bringing network competitiveness for operators: Marketing Chief
On behalf of Huawei, the company’s marketing and solution sales department president- Peng Song, addresses the 7th Ultra-Broadband Forum 2021. This 2-day conference is taking place in Dubai from 19th October.
At the event, President Song talks about network connection and growth under his speech entitled “Connect + New Growth”. It was mainly a short description of the Huawei CAF (Coverage/Architecture/Fusion) model which is bringing network competitiveness among the operators.
During his speech, Huawei President noted down that the CAF model is becoming a key to operators, which is opening new opportunities in the market. He further describes that although the past year was a bit challenging, we have seen tremendous changes.
Even the families are moving towards diversification from the single entertainment center. Today, people have merged the network connection for multiple functions such as education, office, and trade, which is no longer solely concerned with bandwidth.
Huawei CAF Network Model:
According to President Song, the extension and the integration of the connection are the main keynotes of the connection plus. It means, the continued acceleration of the digitalization process making the society recognize the importance of a stabilized and strong connection.
Based on this fact, Song Peng introduced the Huawei CAF network model where “C” denotes coverage, “A” denotes architecture, and “F” denotes fusion. Furthermore, there was an in-depth discussion about all three points at the event.
It mainly highlights the different points where a connection tries to reach different households and businesses. Considering today’s demands, operators need to provide the connection to every room for each device in a family. Furthermore, there are mainly two technologies currently leading this sector- AirPON and Digital Quick ODN solutions.
It refers to the algorithms where a connection needs to integrate with the cloud to enable digitization of the industry. However, it’s divided into two stages- the first one is to connect to the cloud. Meanwhile, the second stage is the difficult one and is coupled with cloud integration to gradually build an ecology.
This term lets us mainly focuses on exploring the network architecture that will support current and future business success. In addition, there were some leading technologies recommended by the president. It includes the use of copper-to-optical, OXC, SRv6, ADN, and other technologies.
Huawei to bring a plain leather version of Mate X2 foldable smartphone
Huawei has always provided a huge variety lits of its products for the customers in both markets. The products vary in terms of hardware configuration including display, camera, memory, battery, and processor, colors, and software features.
Besides all these variants, the smartphone maker also brings new editions of the previously introduced smartphones with new tweaks. Although the features and hardware components mostly remain the same, the company mainly modify the device’s appearance as well as added new functions.
Some reports show that this Shenzhen-based firm is going to introduce a new edition of its latest folding screen smartphone. According to our fruitful tipster- DigitalChatStation, the company is preparing a new plain leather version of Huawei Mate X2.
Yet, there is only limited information available about this subject. However, the tipster further informs that Huawei Mate X2 plain leather version will come with the Kirin 9000 processors with 5G network accessibility, which is really hopeful news for the users who were waiting for the company to return with 5G.
On top of this, the software capabilities will be powered by the HarmonyOS software system. Apart from all these, there are no other changes mentioned by him. It suggests that the rest configuration including hardware and software will be the same. Furthermore, he didn’t leave any clue about the availability of the plain leather version of the Huawei Mate X2 foldable.
Huawei Mate X2:
Huawei Mate X2 was initially launched in February 2021 featuring the two display systems combines with a new technology hinge. It makes the smooth switching from an 8-inch screen to a 6.45-inch screen. The smartphone is powered by a 5nm Kirin 9000 processor. In addition, it features a 5400 mAh large battery, supports a 55W SuperFast charge that is half chargeable within 30 minutes.
The camera system also works in the smartphone, even in the foldable state. This futuristic smartphone has a 50MP quad-camera system of Leica lenses with 100x zoom capabilities. Aside from the specs, the color scheme in Crystal Blue, Crystal Pink, White, Black are another highlight in the device.