Officially introduced in August, Huawei’s self-developed operating system – HarmonyOS AKA Hongmeng OS is designed for the entire Huawei device ecosystem and a senior executive from the company reveals that the company will consider on installing HarmonyOS in its smartphones depending on the situation.
Vincent Pang, Huawei’s senior vice president, told Business Insider that Huawei will decide whether it will have to move forward with bringing the HarmonyOS to its smartphones in the next 6 to 9 months due to the US restrictions on using Google services.
“We cannot wait more, we missed one flagship,” Pang said, referring to Huawei’s recently launched Mate 30 smartphone. That phone runs on the open-source version of Android that doesn’t include any of Google’s services or apps, including the Google Play Store.
Huawei has been developing HarmonyOS for a long time and will be used a cross-platform all scenario OS but currently, the company has denied the use of HarmonyOS for smartphones and it’s still insisting on using the Android but also said that the use of HarmonyOS for smartphones depends on the US trade blacklisting.
HarmonyOS version 1.0 is primarily based for Smart Screen and will come with beta integrated development environment (IDE) for early developers. Although there could be more than just the support for TVs.
Version 2.0 coming next year with enhanced performance, more features for IDE and addition of more platforms such as Cars domestic level (Chinese), PC, Smartwatches and other wearables such as fitness bands. Version 3.0 will be released in 2021 and focused to improve hardware and software collaboration with the OS.
According to Yu Chengdong, Huawei’s Consumers Business Group CEO, the company will continue to make changes in the Hongmeng OS to make it more advance as time passes.
OpenHarmony gets permission to publish software threat details
OpenAtom Foundation has officially announced that it has obtained permission for CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) disclosure. Finally, OpenHarmony will get the chance to publish its software details and exploits of the system.
According to the latest information, the OpenAtom Foundation has recently participated in the CNA (Common Vulnerability Disclosure Numbering Authority) program. Consequently, the organization gave the honor to the foundation to become the numbering authority.
OpenHarmony is an open-source project managed and operated by the OpenAtom Foundation. The main aim of this project is to build an open-source, distributed operating system framework for smart devices. So far, the respective project has several rights to go with. However, it remains stagnant from the discovery and publishing of the vulnerabilities and exposures of its systems.
As of now, the firm has qualified for the CVE general vulnerability disclosure issuing. This means that now the OpenHarmony system has full right to define its software details and identify the exploits and security threats if any.
How does the CVE Disclosure work?
Generally, the CVE authority, established in September 1999 is a global non-profit institution. The institute has various IT vendors, security firms, and security research centers around the globe. Together, these cooperations contribute to the issuance and managing of the software details of a particular system.
Apart from these cooperations, some specific stakeholders help to find the vulnerability in the system. These individuals identify the threats of the software through a unique CVE code. This code helps the operators trace the issues and find a definitive solution for them. Thereafter, the company releases the patches based on these threats.
Since OpenHarmony has become the CVE numbering authority, the firm is free to manage and handle the CVE numbers related to the OpenHarmony community. On the other hand, it is now responsible for assigning and describing the errors in the authorization.
You can understand in a better way about the OpenHarmony Vulnerability policy, HERE.
Huawei Mate 40E begin obtaining HarmonyOS 3 beta update
Huawei Mate 40E series devices users can now experience a more personalized display layout with a furthermore privacy security feature, that forces your device to serve a secure status for a more transparent and controllable. Alongside this, managing data protection is more secure and easier.
Mate 40E Pro NOH-AN50
Mate 40E OCE-AN50
Mate 40E 4G OCE-AL50
Huawei Mate 40E users can now explore the new phase with the new version of their smartphone. The HarmonyOS 3 beta version can be known through the 184.108.40.206 build, which is upgraded over the HarmonyOS 220.127.116.118 build.
However, the HarmonyOS 3 beta version of the Huawei Mate 40E series users are blessed with the latest software update to redesign the overall memorandum of the feature and give them a fresh start. Below you can check the complete changelog that will incorporate into your device.
- Stackable: you can view cards by swiping up and down, or by pulling down and then swiping left to delete, you can also drag to change the order of the cards or add them to the desktop.
- Combinable: You can combine cards of different sizes and application shortcuts into one. Cards and combined cards can be resized, and you can apply combined templates with a single click.
- Smart folder: There are additional sizes and styles available, and you can change the size by long-pressing the folder. You can always find the right one, no matter how much or how little you apply. Storage options, as well as more efficient use of desktop space
- Smart desktop layout: Kneading the desktop intelligently layouts the desktop, you can categorize applications and cards by color and function, and one-click selection generates a personalized desktop automatically.
- Xiaoyi: Xiaoyi recommends continuous wisdom upgrading and can dynamically recommend services or applications based on time, scene, location, and usage habits, among other things, providing you with a time-saving and convenient experience.
Full-scene smart life:
- Super terminal: Hyperterminal has been fully expanded to support more device types, various devices can be flexibly combined, interconnected, and coordinated, and devices with different Huawei IDs can also be quickly interconnected, allowing the benefits of each device to be freely invoked.
- Broadcast control center: Support for connecting two pairs of Bluetooth headphones at the same time has been added, for one song, two people can enjoy and listen to the beauty together, in addition, a multi-device broadcast control function has been added, which can conveniently control the music playback of nearby speakers through the mobile phone’s broadcast control center.
Performance and power consumption:
- Superframe game engine: The superframe game engine has been improved further, and energy consumption has been reduced by intelligently scheduling CPU and memory resources.
Privacy and security:
- Privacy center: Provides you with access to all application permissions in the General dashboard, as well as proactive privacy protection suggestions for potential risks You are aware that for all visits
- Security Center: You can check the security status of the current device or other devices with the same Huawei ID at any time, proactively assisting you in identifying problems and providing protection The device is said to be safer and more reliable.
- Visual Aid: Image description and text recognition functions have been added, which can report the characteristics and positions of people or objects recognized in the scene, the text content recognized in the reading environment, describing people appearing in the camera lens, and so on.
- Hearing Aid: Supports quick connection with hearing aids, You can quickly discover nearby hearing aid devices through Bluetooth and easily pair and connect. Added vocal enhancement function, which optimizes the sound by enhancing the clarity of the human voice in the environment, calls, and media to make the sound heard more clearly.
Huawei P50 Pro gets August 2022 optimization update [CN]
Huawei has just released the July 2022 security patch update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone users for better security and stability. Still, it has been recently reported that Huawei P50 Pro users get another new, August 2022 optimization update to enhance the current version stability.
However, it’s normal to roll out two different updates for the device, including the monthly security patch and system optimization. By doing this, the company may want to optimize the remaining feature that wasn’t mentioned in the security patch.
Notably, both the update will not add any new features for you, it just aims to encounter your issue with the Huawei devices. And try to boost them in a positive aspect to give enhanced functioning.
Likewise, the new August 2022 update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone, brings an improvement in the system security protection capabilities. Alongside this, it optimizes the system stability in some situations.
So, if your Huawei P50 Pro devices running over the HarmonyOS 18.104.22.1688 version, then it’s time to furnish its features with the new HarmonyOS 22.214.171.1242 build version, but for this its essential that your smartphone JAD-AL50 and JAD-AL60 model number.
Are you a HarmonyOS 3 beta tester?
Have you upgraded your Huawei P50 Pro smartphone over the HarmonyOS 3 beta 2 version?
Huawei brings a number of improvements and fixes for some of the features over the current version of HarmonyOS 3. Including, display effect optimization of some interfaces and icons.
Optimize the use of some game situations and the NFC feature. Alongside the audio playback effect of some scenarios to improve the sound effect experience. So, if you are a beta tester then update it as soon as possible for better optimization. Also, you can share your experience with us.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter