Updated on February 25, 2019:
HMS Core is a collection of tools made for Huawei’s partners and app developers to create unique, new experiences that tap into the full hardware and software capabilities Huawei devices have on offer.
By integrating HMS into their apps with HMS Core 4.0, developers can quickly deploy Huawei’s on-device capabilities such as HiAI, distributed technology and camera features on their apps and provide quality experiences to end-users.
Huawei devices exclusively with Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) and its “Core Kits” aims to deliver the alternatives of GMS and libraries for HMS developers.
Currently, HMS Core Kit grants developers access to 24 HMS Core kits, 55 services, and 997 APIs. Including services such as In-app purchases (IAP), Account Login and Game services, Push notifications, Analytics, Monetization, Maps, Location and more.
Below you can check, HMS Core Kits, HMS Core Capabilities in detail.
HMS Core Kits:
1. Account Kit: provide a quick and secure way for users to sign in to your app.
2. In-App Purchase Kit: Monetize your app around the world with a global payment service.
3. Push Kit: Improves targeting and responsiveness when engaging users.
4. Ads Kit: Access high-quality ads for getting the most value out of your monetizable traffic.
5. Analytics Kit: Collect and analyze your data efficiently on a one-stop platform.
6. Location Kit: Get user location faster and more precisely with fused geolocation.
7. Site Kit: Provide services specific to the place your users are in.
8. Map Kit: Personalize your map display and interactively for better location-based services.
9. Quick App: Installation-free apps developed to run on all devices using new industry standards.
10. Drive Kit: Enable your users to store and manage their data securely on the cloud.
11. Wallet Kit: Be part of the All-in-one wallet digital lifestyle with convenient access to other business and service.
12. DRM Kit: Protect your content with free and standard copyright capabilities.
13. Health Kit: Build an app with the strength and stamina to keep up with your users and their fitness data.
14. ML Kit: Take advantage of machine learning for vision and language services.
15. Awareness Kit: Get the context and status of your users to give them a smarter experience.
16. Scan Kit: Give your users access to the QR and other barcodes conveniently.
17. Nearby Service: Give your apps the ability to communicate with nearby devices.
18. Safety Detect: Build and maintain a secure app with multiple checks.
19. Dynamic Tag Manager: Monitor and analyze your marketing activities with code-free and flexible tags.
20. FIDO: Authenticate your users through biometric and FIDO2 identity securely.
21. Identity Kit: Make address authorization and management easier and faster for your users.
22. Game Kit: Focus on innovating the gaming experience with in-depth services.
23. Panorama Kit: Enable your users to browse and interact with images with a 360-degree view in a simulated 3D space.
24. Wear Kit
- Huawei HiAI Engine
- Huawei AR Engine
- Huawei VR
- Huawei HiLink
- Huawei HiHealth
- Huawei HiResearch
- Huawei HiCar
- Huawei Camera Kit
- Huawei AppGallery Kit
- Huawei Media
- Huawei Ability
- Huawei UI
- Huawei System
- Huawei Connectivity
- Huawei HiAI Foundation
- Huawei IoT Module Kit
- DevEco Studio
- Cloud Test
- Huawei Quick App IDE
Some of the HMS Kits in detailed view:
Huawei Account Kit provides developers with simple, secure, and quick sign-in and authorization functions. It allows users to access the products and services in the Huawei consumer cloud as well as personal information through mobile phones, tablets, PCs, or wearable devices.
The Huawei Map Kit is a set of APIs that can be called to develop maps for Android. Developers can use this SDK to easily add map-related functions to Android apps.
The Location Kit uses a hybrid positioning mode that combines GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth and base station. It enables the app to obtain user locations quickly and accurately.
Huawei Location Kit combines the GPS, Wi-Fi, and base station locations to help app developers quickly obtain precise user locations, build up global positioning capabilities, and reach a wide range of users around the globe.
Huawei Push Kit is a messaging service provided by Huawei for developers. It establishes a communication channel between the cloud and devices. By using Huawei Push Kit, developers can send the latest messages to users.
This helps developers maintain closer ties with users and increases user awareness and activity. The following figure shows the process of sending messages from the cloud to a device.
HMS Drive Kit allows developers to create apps that use the Huawei Cloud drive. Huawei Cloud drive provides cloud storage for the apps. The files generated during the app users will be stored in the cloud drive.
Users can also download and sync files stored in the cloud drive, including photos, videos, and documents. Also, the Huawei Cloud drive provides comprehensive security protection for various types of data, enabling users to manage data securely and conveniently.
Currently, the core capabilities of Huawei Drive Kit allow to upload and download files, as well as query and monitor cloud files.
Huawei Ads Kit supports developers in monetizing traffic on Huawei devices, facilitates advertising platforms and advertisers to track ads personalization, and provides advertising identifier capabilities.
In-App Purchase (IAP) Kit:
Huawei’s In-App Purchases (IAP) service developers to offer in-app purchases and facilitate in-app payment. Users can purchase a variety of products or services, including common virtual products and subscriptions, directly within the app.
The IAP service provides the Product Management System (PMS) for managing the prices and languages of game and app products in multiple countries.
Huawei Analytics predefines a large number of analytics models to help developers clearly understand user behavior and gain in-depth insights into users, products, and content. As such, developers to carry out data-driven operations and make strategic decisions about app marketing and product optimization.
HMS and Strategy:
Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) as well as HMS apps, incorporates Huawei’s chip, device and cloud capabilities and integrates a set of HMS core services (HMS Core), tools, and platforms for IDE development and testing.
According to the data shown by Huawei, HMS together with Huawei third-party applications and services forms an HMS Ecosystem for 570 million Huawei users across the globe with 1.3 million registered developers.
DigiX Innovation Studio will further expand throughout the globe, with eight DigiX Labs in 6 main regions. They are going to provide great supports to global developer’s innovation, including device testing, the experience of capability development and tool, etc.
To encourage developers to publish their apps with HMS platform, Huawei has increased its investment to $1 billion under the developer program called the “Shining Star 2.0”. This program also aims to cover the development, growth and marketing funds needed.
With this set of apps, services, and developer support, Huawei is ready to expand the ground of Huawei Mobile Services for global users.