The world’s second-largest smartphone vendor is preparing to launch its next flagship series but a recent statement from Google has presented some setback for the company and as a result, it can delay the current planned rollout date for Mate 30 smartphones.
A Google spokesman previously told that the Mate 30 cannot be sold with licensed Google apps and services due to the U.S. ban on sales to Huawei. A temporary reprieve that the U.S. government announced last week does not apply to new products such as the Mate 30.
Under these circumstances, Huawei can only use the open-source of the Android but cannot use Google mobile services such as Google Play, Google map, Gmail, and more.
And in the lack of these services, Huawei may not launch its upcoming Mate 30 series in the overseas market after the official unveiling, said people familiar with the matter to SCMP.
Although, the company has not made a final decision about the launching and may change its course of action according to further developments.
Apart from the global market, the company can still launch its Mate 30 smartphones on the home ground and build its initial sells performance, where it doesn’t need Google’s support, said the sources.
According to the previous information, it’s expected that the phone series will be launched on September 19 in Munich, Germany. Therefore, Huawei may first unveil the smartphone among consumers and hold its global rollout. Meanwhile, it can go directly to China to start initial sells, while it solves the current issues for the global market.
Despite the US ban, statements of Huawei officials revealed several times that the company still want to use Android and its ecosystem and will keep using its if the US government let us do so. If not, then Huawei will develop its smartphone OS and ecosystem.