In the wake of a lot of new features, the Huawei Mate 40 series is joining the rain of new HarmonyOS 3.1 additions. The company is pushing this version in batches and there are various things that you should know about the upgrades.
The entire Huawei Mate 40 family is receiving software build version 126.96.36.1990(SP2). To be mentioned, Huawei is sending the new HarmonyOS 3.1 features to the Huawei Mate 40 series without making a big change in software versions, so don’t mind that.
Let’s take a look at the models:
- Mate 40 OCE-AN10
- Mate 40E OCE-AN50
- Mate 40E 4G OCE-AL50
- Mate 40 Pro NOH-AN00
- Mate 40 Pro NOH-AN01
- Mate 40 Pro 4G NOH-AL00/NOH-AL10
- Mate 40E Pro NOH-AN50/NOH-AN80
- Mate 40 Pro+ NOP-AN00
- Mate 40 RS Porsche Design/Collector’s Edition NOP-AN00
Below you can check the complete changelog of this upgrade. And it’s packed with a lot of new improvements as well as new optimizations. The one thing that every HarmonyOS user can look forward to is the new animations.
- Combined widgets can automatically expand or shrink as the widget increase or decreases, and stacked widget can automatically rotate and display as the scene changes.
- Added the function of saving the split-screen state, saving the split-screen state to the home screen, and clicking the split-screen combination icon to open the dual-app split-screen with one click model.
- Added curriculum subscription service, you can import curriculum by taking photos or photo albums, support custom editing of courses and course reminders, and curriculum.
- The service card can be added to the desktop, and the course information is easy to grasp.
- The document supports a one-step preview, no need to pop up the box to choose the opening method.
- Call audio can be switched between the speaker, earpiece, and different Bluetooth devices in one step through the multi-device broadcast control center.
- Added a quick download icon for the Gaming Hub app, click to download and use it directly.
- Optimize the smart multi-window experience. When returning to the home screen, the floating window will automatically shrink to a small window to continue the task.
Charging:(only involved in NOH/NOP)
- Optimize the super fast charging turbo mode charging experience.
- Optimize the app guard, improve security, provide a second confirmation pop-up window for application jumps, reduce the risk of misoperation, and make every jump knowable and controllable
- Optimize Huawei’s printing interface, simplify and unify the printing entry, and make it easier to print documents in one step.
- Optimize system performance, sliding operation, page switching, and application startup are silky and comfortable step by step, dynamic effects can be interrupted, and the experience is smoother.
- Incorporate the June 2023 security patch to enhance system security.