Huawei users are you not able to install custom themes on EMUI due to region restriction? Don’t worry there’s a new way to make a way work out for you and could give your phone direct access to the custom themes shelve.
This solution is coming from XDADevelopers, which could allow you to install custom themes on any region restricted Huawei devices running on EMUI.
Before you dive into the instructions, here are some requirements you need complete:
- First, you need to uninstall any recent updates of the Theme App installed from Play Store, by navigating to your phone’s Settings.
- After uninstalling the updates, install the following apps:
- Huawei Mobile Services – Get it from Here
- Package Manager: App Details, Analyze & Backup – Get it on the Play Store
Now you’re ready to apply the instructions:
- Open the Package Manager app > Tap on Activities Tab > Enter “hwid” in the search bar > Tap on “Huawei Mobile Services” to expand its activities.
- Tap on “Account center” > Select “Launch” from the pop-up menu.
- This will bring you to a log in page with a link to click to create an account. Create an account, use “UK” as your region, skip the Phone/SMS verification and it will use your email to verify.
- You need to verify your account with the registered email.
- Once again, head back into the Package Manager, search for “hwid,” expand its activities and tap on Account Centre again. This will make you logged in the account manager.
- Open up the Themes app and hit agree on terms, now you can access custom EMUI themes