Multi-window is one feature, which is available for a long time as a Huawei EMUI feature and further received improvements throughout the time in the past few years. This feature allows the users to work on two different apps simultaneously.
Last September, Huawei released the next version of its Android-based mobile operating system, EMUI 11. This major upgrade comes with a bunch of new features and brings improvements for existing ones to improve an extraordinary user experience.
At the moment, the EMUI 11 version is rolling out for compatible Huawei devices in the home ground as well as in the global market. And, the Multi-window mode is one of the features of EMUI 11.
New Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
Here you can check the changes and improvements done by the company in the multi-window mode with the latest EMUI build.
1. East to minimize the floating window:
If you open a floating window from the sidebar, you will see a new minimize icon added next to the maximize icon on the top-left corner after updating to EMUI 11. By clicking this minimize icon, users easily minimize the current app floating ball named App Bubble on the side.
2. App Bubble to reopen the apps easily
The App Bubble of EMUI 11 is stationed at both sides of the smartphone screen, so users are free to reopen any app windows quickly with a simple click on the App Bubble.
While you are running multiple tasks on the device, you can make the most out of the App Bubble feature to improve your multitasking experience with the swift switch and checking on tasks.
By clicking the App Bubble, the screen sidebar will be expanded and display the minimized tasks of all hidden floating windows. Just select the desired window to work on. If you want to work on another task, just click the App Bubble again for quick selection and switch between your apps.
When you finish a task, you can either close the floating windows one by one or drag the App Bubble to the Recycle Bin to remove them all at once.
3. Easily resizeable
Many users were desperately wished that they could adjust the size of floating windows. With EMUI 11, the company has fulfilled this wish of users, and the floating window is now capable of size adjustments.
Users are now free to adjust the window size in all directions by pressing any point of the bottom part of the window until the borderline becomes bold. Alternatively, you can also press and hold onto the short horizontal line at the top to drag and reposition the floating Window.
(Via – Huawei)
January 2023 update out for global Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro
According to the information, the latest security patch brings improvements to the smartphone and software capability. On the other hand, the January 2023 security update with a build version of 188.8.131.520 for the Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro.
However, there are no other major changes mentioned in the changelog. On the flip side, the January 2023 EMUI security patch fixes 4 issues in critical condition, 24 vulnerabilities in high mode, and 7 issues in the medium level. On the other hand, the security patch also includes fixes CVEs that were included in the December 2022 EMUI security updates.
Huawei has already seeded January 2023 security patch on EMUI 12 powered P50 Pro and the Nova 7 5G. Such software updates are essential to the smartphone and it’s suggested that the corresponding models download the latest available firmware.
Aside from the security patch, Huawei’s top flagship smartphones are waiting for the EMUI 13 software update, which is packed with new features. However, Huawei has not released any information on this matter.
How to update:
Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro users can download the latest software update by visiting the software update section, opening up Settings > tapping on System & update > clicking Software updates > and CHECK FOR UPDATES.
You should know that this update will not delete your personal data and we suggest that you back up all important data before updating.
If you face any issues during the update, call the Huawei customer hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center. The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
Huawei P40 and Mate 40 Pro are one of the last Huawei flagships to feature 5G functionality. These Huawei phones will have to wait just a little bit longer to get the latest EMUI version.
(Via – Huaweiailesi)
Huawei EMUI January 2023 Updates List
In the first week, Huawei published EMUI 2023 security update details and fixed 4 issues in critical condition, 24 vulnerabilities in high, and 7 issues in the medium level.
In the meantime, Huawei began this month by rolling out January 2023 security update for Huawei Nova 7 smartphone in the global market. The upgrade is there with major security improvements. This firmware will seed more flaghip smartphones in the coming month.
Meanwhile, Huawei EMUI 12 is expanding for some old models but some are still far away.
This year brought in a lot of expectations for Huawei smartphone users and the EMUI 13 is one of them. The company has still not shared the EMUI 13 roadmap for the eligible devices.
Also, the EMUI 13 is not in the sight of beta activity, which, we are eagerly waiting for. Still, the January 2023 window is open for us to wait for the next part of this upgrade procedure. EMUI 13 brings a lot of new features and it would be interesting to see this release trigger this month.
Below you can check all of the software updates rolling out this month and stay up to date:
January 28, 2023:
- We’re about to close this year, and Huawei is now rolling out a new software update with EMUI version 184.108.40.206 for 3 years old Honor Play 3e smartphone. The update installs new optimizations for WiFi and system stability. This update is also noted on old Honor and Huawei devices.
January 21, 2023:
- Huawei is sending a brand new software upgrade for the P50 Pro smartphone with EMUI 12 and build version 220.127.116.110.
January 18, 2023:
- Huawei P30 Pro getting December 2022 security update in Europe. Read more here.
January 16, 2023:
- Huawei P50 Pro is getting a new patch in the global market that brings it display optimizations for a better user experience.
January 14, 2023:
- In a surprising event, Huawei P30 Pro users are now gaining access to brand new software 18.104.22.168 and a package size of 228 megabytes. This update brings a security patch released in December 2022.
January 13, 2023:
- Huawei P30 Lite grabs a new firmware with EMUI 12 version 22.214.171.124 and it will install the latest security patch for this smart device.
January 12, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y90 is getting a new software patch with display improvements and it has a small size.
January 9, 2023:
- Huawei is expanding this super large software update for the Mate 50 Pro global version with EMUI 126.96.36.199 build version. It brings new improvements for cameras, networks, apps, audio, and system along with security.
January 7, 2023:
- The first January 2023 EMUI security update began to rollout for Huawei phones and Nova 7 is the first to receive this patch in the line with EMUI 188.8.131.52.
January 5, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 10 and Nova 10 Pro are the latest Huawei Nova series devices to get a new software update with EMUI version 184.108.40.206. However, this update doesn’t bring anything else than the patch itself.
January 2, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y90 smartphone is getting December 2022 EMUI security update with EMUI version 220.127.116.11 build. The update will improve the phone’s capability against dangerous threats.
EMUI 18.104.22.168 update for Honor Play 3e installs improvements
Huawei is rolling out an EMUI 22.214.171.124 update for the Honor Play 3e smartphone that comes with a number of new optimizations for a better user experience.
For your information, Honor Play 3e was launched in 2019 and it’s a handy device that is packed with a 5.71-inch screen with a hole punch design, a 3020mAh battery, a single rear 13MP camera, and a 5MP selfie camera.
Despite the fact that the phone is still running EMUI 9.1 and the company keeps on sending new software updates for the Honor Play 3e, which is quite impressive.
Honor Play 3e with model KSA-AL10 is getting a new software update with EMUI to build version 126.96.36.199, upgrading from EMUI 188.8.131.52. The changelog reveals that the phone is getting a new Petal Light Tour app as well as new network optimizations as well as system stability improvements for Honor Play 3e.
To be mentioned, this is not the only old smartphone to get these new improvements as there are other EMUI 9.1 devices incorporated with such ability.
Below you can check the changelog:
- Added a quick download icon for the Petal Light Tour app, click it to download and use it directly. Note: If the “Automatically update apps” in the app market is set to “On” or “Only under Wi-Fi”, it will be updated according to the network.
- Network conditions automatically download applications, no need to click)
- Optimize system stability in some scenarios.
Below you can check the update notes:
- Make sure you phone is not rooted. You can upgrade to EMUI 184.108.40.206 via OTA.
- This update is rolling out in batches and users who have not received it yet, please wait patiently.
- This update will not delete your data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to the PC or the cloud (please do not back up to the internal storage space of the phone) before the upgrade, and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- After the upgrade, the system will perform self-optimization, which may cause the phone to generate some heat, fast power consumption, freezing, or slow charging. It will return to normal after 2-3 days. It is recommended to charge the phone with the screen off for over 2 hours after the upgrade is complete (it is best to charge it overnight with the screen off), and then restart the phone to ensure that the mobile phone application is quickly adapted.
- After the update is complete, the system will restart, please wait patiently for about five minutes.