February 21: 2020:
Huawei has resumed the rollout of Huawei Y9 Prime 2019.
“Stable version of Android 10/EMUI 10 for Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 device has been recently released”
January 16, 2020:
“Thank you for showing your interest in Android EMUI 10. We would like to inform you that the stable version of Android EMUI 10 for Huawei Y9 Prime is temporarily put on hold. Please be informed that we will start releasing Android EMUI 10 by the second week of February 2020.” Huawei India.
However, it’s not confirmed whether Huawei has stopped the rollout in other markets as well.
January 4, 2020:
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 is one of the first pop-up selfie camera smartphones from Huawei and it’s also participated in the EMUI 10 (Android 10) beta program. According to the new inputs, this pop-up selfie camera phone now starts receiving the stable version of EMUI 10.
EMUI 10 comes with new fonts, Morandi color system, Magazine style user interface design, new animations, newly added features such as Dark Mode, and a focused and improved user experience.
Huawei Y9 Prime getting EMUI 10 (Android 10) with version 10.0.0.159 and weighs around 3.49GB. The update also includes November 2019 security patch.
Note: EMUI version and size may vary in different markets.
Before you upgrade:
1. If the HiCare app is not installed on your device, please go to HUAWEI AppGallery to download and install it. (If HiCare is already installed, please upgrade the app to the latest version on Huawei AppGallery.)
2. Make sure your device that there’s no pending update left to install, you can check it by going into Settings > System > Software update.
3. We recommend installing system updates when your battery is at least 50% charged.
4. Ensure you have a minimum of 5GB internal storage left in your device.
5. In case of data loss, we strongly suggest you to backup your data and complete all system updates through System Update (Settings > System > System update) before your upgrade to EMUI 10.
How to update:
Update via Settings:
Go to Settings > System > Software update > Check for Updates > Download and install.
Upgrade Via HiCare:
You can also upgrade to EMUI 10.0 through HiCare App. Before you start, ensure your device has the latest version of the HiCare app for a better experience.
Open HiCare APP, go to Me Section -> Settings ->Check for Updates to update the HiCare version.