Earlier today, Huawei started stable EMUI 10 rollout for pop-selfie camera phone Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 and Huawei’s subsidiary Honor is also stepping up to send a full OTA of the EMUI 10 to Honor 10 lite running EMUI 9.1.
Back in November, Honor recruited EMUI 10 beta testers for Honor 10 Lite along with Honor 20i. However, there’s no confirmation of the stable version release for 20i.
The latest version of EMUI brings a new Morandi color system, Magazine style user interface design, new animations, newly added features such as Dark Mode, and a focused and improved user experience.
According to RPRNA, Honor 10 Lite receiving EMUI 10 (Android 10) with version 10.0.0.159 and weighs around 3.56GB. This rollout is confirmed in the Indian models but soon expand to other markets.
Note: EMUI version and size may vary in different markets.
Before you upgrade:
1. If the HiCare app is not installed on your device, please go to HUAWEI AppGallery to download and install it. (If HiCare is already installed, please upgrade the app to the latest version on Huawei AppGallery.)
2. Make sure your device that there’s no pending update left to install, you can check it by going into Settings > System > Software update.
3. We recommend installing system updates when your battery is at least 50% charged.
4. Ensure you have a minimum of 5GB internal storage left in your device.
5. In case of data loss, we strongly suggest you to backup your data and complete all system updates through System Update (Settings > System > System update) before your upgrade to EMUI 10.
How to update:
Update via Settings:
Go to Settings > System > Software update > Check for Updates > Download and install.
Upgrade Via HiCare:
You can also upgrade to EMUI 10.0 through HiCare App. Before you start, ensure your device has the latest version of the HiCare app for a better experience.
Open HiCare APP, go to Me Section -> Settings ->Check for Updates to update the HiCare version.
Note: You will receive the upgraded version within 2 hours. There might be a slight delay due to a large number of applicants.