Xiaomi MIUI 13 is released with Mi 12 smartphone series, the latest software is based on the Android 12 operating system. On the other hand, this new Xiaomi MIUI version will get you the best user experience available with lots of MIUI 13 features.
So, here we’re ready to explore all of the new offerings coming from Xiaomi in the 13th edition of MIUI based on Android 12. Let’s dive into the Xiaomi MIUI 13 features below.
Let’s start first with widgets, you now have an option to bring brand new widgets right on your home screen. The widgets are movable freely and you can match the appearance of the widget based on the app itself.
The widgets are also lightweight in design and look very interesting at first sight. Aside from appearance, the widgets will help you to get information directly accessible on the reach of your finger without opening an app entirely.
There’s more, the MIUI 13 widget system is easy to be adopted by the home screen layout and there are different sizes to choose from.
A set of new wallpaper has been a priority of the MIUI software ecosystem, and MIUI 13 is no different. This version of MIUI brings various new wallpapers that won’t miss a chance to suit your phone’s screen and are made with various themes and designs.
Especially for some wallpapers, MIUI has partnered with Beauty of Science. Founded in 2016, Beauty of Science (BOS) is a brand that creates visually engaging content related to science for education, technology, and entertainment industries.
Some of the MIUI 13 wallpapers have polarized light microscope with 8K ultra-high precision, these wallpapers changes in various forms and formations on your phone’s home screen.
MIUI 13 brought in the new MiSans font, specially tailored to install a new viewing user experience. The new MiSans has all-around optimizations of Chinese, English, and digital design, with a simple design and clear readability for comfortable viewing to spot the difference.
Aside from features, MIUI 13 boasts security features to protect consumer’s data and protect their privacy with the following features:
- Fraud protection: The new system-level fraud protection helps your phone to identify fraud calls and messages and alert you at an instance.
- App protection: The system will inform you whether an app is safe to use for your smartphone before installing an app.
- New warning icons: You now have access to the new warning signs that will bring you a better understanding of what the fraud actually is related to.
Face ID: During the face verification, your MIUI 13 powered device will not show your face instead it’ll verify your face data while keeping your face hidden. According to Xiaomi, this will present apps to over-collect your personal image information.
You always have an option to check, which apps are collecting what from your smartphone, a new section in the app information will show you all of the permissions that a corresponding app is fetching.
This part is a bit more important for a consumer, as it may not take a lead in the front seat but works as a driver to ensure your experience remains smooth.
MIUI 13 focuses on the concept of focusing more on computing, bringing better memory management, and efficient storage management with a simplified process.
That’s not it, MIUI 13 brings you new performance that is better than the last MIUI version.
- MIUI 13 brings has 20 to 26 percent improved system app fluency better than MUI 12.5 enhanced version.
- It features 15 to 52 percent of the overall improved fluency of third-party apps as it was in MUI 12.5.
- Moreover, the average number of background apps can now take up to 14 simultaneously on a Xiaomi phone for example Mix 4.
- Lastly, the performance of reading and writing will be there for you for over 36 months unhindered and only 5 percent of its overall will be dropped over the course of time.