Huawei has a lot of smart devices and the company sells them in different markets, under different requirements. These products, especially smartphones launched with EMUI or Magic UI software systems.
Following the launch, the company keeps improving the internal features through a software update and helps users to get the most out of their devices. Regarding this matter, Huawei rolls out monthly security patches, which improve the security, feature improvements updates, and major version updates that bring a bunch of new features as well as user interface overhaul.
The security updates are device into monthly and quarterly sections and releases accordingly for a number of eligible devices. However, major updates roll out only a few times in a single year. On the other hand, the company can also unexpectedly sends new patches.
EMUI 11, Magic UI 4, and Security Updates:
Both of these updates are a trending topic among Huawei and Honor smartphone users and waiting to install on their devices respectively. Aside from the global market, Huawei has already completed the EMUI 11 rollout for eligible smartphones and tablets in the Chinese market.
Moreover, Huawei has also sent version updates to smartphone owners, who’ve already completed EMUI 11 and Magic UI 4 installations.
But, EMUI 11 and Magic UI 4 aren’t the only updates that Huawei has for the consumers because in the last 4 weeks Huawei has completed software update rollout to a big number of Huawei and Honor device users and below you’ll going to explore those 60 devices along with their versions (Chinese models) that have been updated so far.
One thing to note that the updates are only related to the Chinese models and may differ from global variants.
- Huawei MatePad Pro – EMUI 220.127.116.11
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G – EMUI 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Mate Xs – EMUI 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Mate X – EMUI 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Mate 20X 5G – EMUI 188.8.131.52
- Huawei P40 – EMUI 184.108.40.206
- Huawei P40 Pro – EMUI 220.127.116.11
- Huawei P40 Pro+ – EMUI 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Mate 30 (4G) – EMUI 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Mate 30 (5G) – EMUI 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro (4G) – EMUI 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro (5G) – EMUI 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Desgin – EMUI 220.127.116.11
- Huawei P30 – EMUI 18.104.22.168
- Huawei P30 Pro – EMUI 22.214.171.124
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4 and Turbo Edition – EMUI 126.96.36.199
- Huawei MatePad 10.8 – EMUI 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G – EMUI 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Nova 7 5G – EMUI 220.127.116.11
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro – EMUI 18.104.22.168
- Huawei MatePad Pro – EMUI 22.214.171.124
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G – EMUI 126.96.36.199
EMUI 10.1 and Magic UI 3.1:
- Honor 9X – EMUI 10.1.0.115
- Honor 9X Pro – EMUI 10.1.0.113
- Honor Play4T Pro – Magic UI 188.8.131.52
- Honor 30 Youth Edition – Magic UI 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G – EMUI 10.1.1.199
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G – EMUI 10.1.1.199
- Honor 20 Youth Edition – EMUI 10.1.0.154
- Huawei Enjoy 10S – EMUI 10.1.0.158
- Honor X10 – EMUI 220.127.116.11
- Honor 20 Youth Edition – EMUI 10.1.0.153
- Honor 9A – Magic UI 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Enjoy 10e – EMUI 10.1.0.181
- Honor Play 4T – Magic UI 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet 2 10.1 – EMUI 10.1.0.137/138
- Honor Tablet 6 10.1 – Magic UI 126.96.36.199/138
- Honor Tablet V6 10.4 – Magic UI 188.8.131.52
- Honor Tablet V6 5G 10.4 – Magic UI 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus – EMUI 10.1.1.166
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G – EMUI 10.1.1.162
- Huawei Nova 8 SE – EMUI 10.1.1.148
- Huawei Nova 6 SE – EMUI 10.1.0.230
- Huawei Nova 5Z – EMUI 10.1.0.97
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro – EMUI 10.1.0.97
- Huawei Nova 5 – EMUI 10.1.0.97
- Huawei Enjoy 20S – EMUI 10.1.0.106
- Huawei Maimang 9 – EMUI 10.1.0.199
- Honor Play 4 – Magic UI 220.127.116.11
- Honor X10 Max – Magic UI 18.104.22.168
- Honor Play 4T – Magic UI 22.214.171.124
- Honor 30 Youth Edition – Magic UI 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G – EMUI 10.1.1.202
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G – EMUI 10.1.1.202
- Huawei Enjoy 20 5G – EMUI 10.1.1.167
- Honor 30S – Magic UI 188.8.131.52
- Honor 20i – EMUI 10.0.0.174
- Huawei Enjoy 9S – EMUI 10.0.0.174
- Huawei Maimang 8 – EMUI 10.0.0.174
- Huawei Nova 5i – EMUI 10.0.0.131
- Huawei Nova 4e – EMUI 10.0.0.167
- Huawei Enjoy 10 – EMUI 184.108.40.206
- Honor Play 3 – EMUI 220.127.116.11
- Huawei Enjoy 9e – EMUI 18.104.22.1680
- Honor Play 8 – EMUI 22.214.171.124
EMUI 126.96.36.199 update for Honor Play 3e installs improvements
Huawei is rolling out an EMUI 188.8.131.52 update for the Honor Play 3e smartphone that comes with a number of new optimizations for a better user experience.
For your information, Honor Play 3e was launched in 2019 and it’s a handy device that is packed with a 5.71-inch screen with a hole punch design, a 3020mAh battery, a single rear 13MP camera, and a 5MP selfie camera.
Despite the fact that the phone is still running EMUI 9.1 and the company keeps on sending new software updates for the Honor Play 3e, which is quite impressive.
Honor Play 3e with model KSA-AL10 is getting a new software update with EMUI to build version 184.108.40.206, upgrading from EMUI 220.127.116.11. The changelog reveals that the phone is getting a new Petal Light Tour app as well as new network optimizations as well as system stability improvements for Honor Play 3e.
To be mentioned, this is not the only old smartphone to get these new improvements as there are other EMUI 9.1 devices incorporated with such ability.
Below you can check the changelog:
- Added a quick download icon for the Petal Light Tour app, click it to download and use it directly. Note: If the “Automatically update apps” in the app market is set to “On” or “Only under Wi-Fi”, it will be updated according to the network.
- Network conditions automatically download applications, no need to click)
- Optimize system stability in some scenarios.
Below you can check the update notes:
- Make sure you phone is not rooted. You can upgrade to EMUI 18.104.22.168 via OTA.
- This update is rolling out in batches and users who have not received it yet, please wait patiently.
- This update will not delete your data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to the PC or the cloud (please do not back up to the internal storage space of the phone) before the upgrade, and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- After the upgrade, the system will perform self-optimization, which may cause the phone to generate some heat, fast power consumption, freezing, or slow charging. It will return to normal after 2-3 days. It is recommended to charge the phone with the screen off for over 2 hours after the upgrade is complete (it is best to charge it overnight with the screen off), and then restart the phone to ensure that the mobile phone application is quickly adapted.
- After the update is complete, the system will restart, please wait patiently for about five minutes.
EMUI 13 Eligible Devices (Expected)
The season of EMUI 12 is already gone, and now we’re waiting eagerly for the next major upgrade – EMUI 13, there are various guesses and information that Huawei smartphone users want such as a roadmap and eligible devices.
However, there’s no official information available as of January 2023, which is a matter of concern.
Amid this long-term wait, EMUI 13 will bring major changes for smartphones, especially, the swipe-up icons gestures, and service widgets are likely to be the main highlights of this upcoming EMUI version. Meanwhile, the tech maker will also make improvements to the existing features.
Starting with the top tier, Huawei will bring EMUI 13 to the mid-range and then the budget models. Based on the past rollout plans and current observations, we’ve prepared a list of phones that could make their place in the EMUI 13 eligible devices list.
It is noted that the company will start EMUI 13 journey with beta testing, followed by the official rollout. Also, we’ll update this list of devices with official information, as soon as it arrives.
Below you can check all of the expected EMUI 13 devices.
- Huawei P50
- Huawei P50 Pro
- Huawei P50 Pocket
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate Xs 2
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro
- Huawei Mate 30
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei P40 Pro+
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Lite E
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei P30
- Huawei Nova 10
- Huawei Nova 10 Pro
- Huawei Nova 10 SE
- Huawei Nova 9
- Huawei Nova 9 SE
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8i
- Huawei Nova Y70
- Huawei Nova Y70 Plus
- Huawei Nova Y90
- Huawei Nova 7
- Huawei Nova 7 SE
- Huawei Nova 5T
- Huawei Y9s
- Huawei Y8p
Of course! It’s not an official list but we’ll find it similar to what Huawei has decided for the future of these models.
Also, we’ll keep this article updated with new inputs, so stay connected.
Huawei Nova 5T awaits first 2023 software update
As for now, Huawei Nova 5T runs EMUI 22.214.171.124 with December 2022 security patch but there could be more that is awaiting us. Other than EMUI 12, Huawei Nova 5T users are also looking toward EMUI 13. However, the tech maker is yet to launch EMUI 13 roadmap and eligible devices.
You can download the latest software update by visiting Settings > then tapping on System & updates and then selecting Software updates from the menu. Do note that the phone may take some time to reach to server and bring back the build version.
The first 2023 software update for Huawei Nova 5T will come soon. You can also participate in the Twitter thread linked below.
Huawei Nova 5T Users! What's your phone's latest update?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) January 23, 2023
Huawei Nova 5T:
Huawei Nova 5T expands at 73.97mm, 154.25mm, and 7.87mm, and it weighs 174 grams. The phone comes in four colors – Crush green, Midsummer purple, black, and crush blue.
The display is a 6.26-inch screen with 16.7 million colors, a 96% color gamut, an LCD panel, and an FHD+ resolution (2340 x 1080 pixels). The phone is powered by Kirin 980 octa-core chipset (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.8 GHz) with Mali-G76 GPU and Dual NPUs.
This phone comes with EMUI 9.1, then upgraded to EMUI 10.0, EMUI 10.1, and EMUI 11, and it currently runs EMUI 12. It has a quad rear camera system including 48 MP (f/1.8 aperture AF) + 16 M (f/2.2 aperture FF) + 2 M (f/2.4 aperture FF) + 2 M (f/2.4 aperture FF), supports autofocus (phase focus, contrast focus).
The phone has a water drop notch to house a 32 MP, f/2.0 aperture, and supports fixed focal length.
According to the information, it boasts a 3750 mAh battery that you can recharge fast with a 22.5W charger. It supports GPS (L1 + L5 dual-band) / AGPS / Glonass / BeiDou / Galileo (E1 + E5a dual-band) / QZSS (L1 + L5 dual-band). Furthermore, it has Card reading mode / Point to point mode / Card simulation mode (make payment by SIM card, or HCE).