Stable EMUI 12 hits Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphones
Huawei has released the stable EMUI 12 update for the Mate 30 Pro smartphone in the global market. This rollout brings a bunch of new software features for the consumers who want to upgrade their software experience right from the EMUI 11.
According to the changelog, this stable EMUI 12 software update comes with EMUI 12 version 184.108.40.206 and brings a software package size of 1.04GB. To be mentioned, the software rollout is the initial stage and may take some to reach all Mate 30 Pro devices launched in the global market.
The EMUI 12 major update package consisted of new features including an intuitive interface, new fonts, notification panel, control panel, smart folder, and more. More interestingly, the EMUI 12 system is inspired by HarmonyOS, and its features clearly reflect its vibes.
To be mentioned, Huawei opened the EMUI 12 beta testing for Mate 30 Pro along with P40 and Mate 40 smartphones in the first phase of beta activity, which is started in November 2021. In the same registration (November 2021), the company released the first EMUI 12 beta software update for the beta tester, who has been participated through the Beta app.
EMUI 12 full changelog:
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops
The EMUI 12 major update has a massive size installation package, we recommend you maintain enough storage and battery on your device. Also, update your smartphone using a WiFi connection, so it may save your personal data.
How to update:
- Open Settings
- Click on the System & Updates
- Open Software update
- Tap on Check for updates option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device