Huawei has finally started to roll out the stable EMUI 12 update for Huawei Nova 7 5G smartphone users. It means that beta activity is now concluded and any Nova 7 5G global owner can enjoy the new EMUI 12 software system.
The stable EMUI 12 update Huawei Nova 7 5G is rolling out with EMUI version 22.214.171.124 and a massive update size of 5.29 Gigabytes. At the moment, this Nova 7 EMUI 12 update is spotted in Qatar, the Middle East.
Currently, this update is in the initial stage of rollout and will gradually expand to more Nova 7 5G users in a different market. So, users keep eye on your update section because the update will knock on your door any time.
As of now, Huawei global smartphone users are eager to install the latest EMUI 12 custom user interface. However, it is continuously working to make it available for all eligible devices ASAP.
EMUI 12 for Huawei Nova 7 5G will bring a next-level user experience. It brings support for an adjustable font system, new animations, separate control panel, and notification panel, Huawei Share for fast file transfer and security features.
— Mohamed Sanaz (@SanazMohamed) March 7, 2022
How to update:
To download the update, open the settings menu, select system & updates, and software updates. Then, tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES and wait for the phone to fetch the update. At last, download and install it.
Stable EMUI 12 changelog:
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, allowing you to adjust the font size and weight with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements by using simple color tones, shadows, and highlights to create a more realistic effect.
- Supports touching and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control section to the Control Panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps.
- Improves the transmission speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
- Adds the MeeTime app, allowing you to make HD voice and video calls using a Wi-Fi or data network.
- Adds support for sharing the screen during video calls, allowing you to mark and share key information while video chatting.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei HarmonyOS October 2022 security patch details out
We are in the first week of October and Huawei has just released the latest October 2022 security patch details for the devices running on the HarmonyOS operating system. On the other hand, the Chinese tech giant has also published October 2022 EMUI security details for global devices. Check the details here.
Huawei releases monthly security maintenance patches so as to keep its devices in tip-top condition. System security is very crucial for any device as it brings fixes for several vulnerabilities found in the latest software versions. Most importantly, the security patches protect the device against threats.
The October 2022 patch includes various fixes to resolve the bugs and issues in the system. Alongside this, the company will soon release the software update with the newest security patch starting from its flagship devices to its mid-range smartphones.
Meanwhile, there are some improvements and system optimizations underway to expand for different models in China. Furthermore, HarmonyOS 3 beta testing is also expanding in phases.
October 2022 Huawei HarmonyOS Security Patch Details:
The security patch from the Kernel section fixes a total of 12 vulnerabilities. It fixes one CVE from the critical level, three CVEs from the high level, and 8 CVEs from the medium level.
- Critical level – CVE-2022-38986
- High level – CVE-2022-41578, CVE-2022-41582, CVE-2022-39002.
- Medium level – CVE-2022-38984, CVE-2022-38998, CVE-2022-39011, CVE-2022-41584, CVE-2022-41585, CVE-2022-41576, CVE-2022-41577, CVE-2022-41583
The latest patch rectifies 3 CVEs from the high level and 16 CVEs from the medium level. However, these vulnerabilities could cause errors in the device and may result in the phone lock being cracked.
- Critical – None
- High – CVE-2022-38983, CVE-2022-41589, CVE-2022-38982
- Medium – CVE-2021-46839, CVE-2021-46840, CVE-2022-41580, CVE-2022-41581, CVE-2022-41586, CVE-2022-41588, CVE-2022-41603, CVE-2022-41592, CVE-2022-41593, CVE-2022-41594, CVE-2022-41595, CVE-2022-41597, CVE-2022-41598, CVE-2022-41600, CVE-2022-41601, CVE-2022-41602.
The September 2022 HarmonyOS patch includes 1 high-level CVE and three medium-level CVEs. These issues relate to the facial recognition module of the device and may affect data confidentiality.
- Critical – None
- High – CVE-2022-38980
- Medium – CVE-2022-38977, CVE-2022-38981, CVE-2022-38985
The freshly released security patch from the third-party library section resolves 1 critical, 12 high, and 15 severities from the medium level of the system.
- Critical – CVE-2021-30339
- High – CVE-2022-20393, CVE-2022-20395, CVE-2022-22822, CVE-2022-23852, CVE-2022-23990, CVE-2022-25314, CVE-2022-25704, CVE-2022-25706, CVE-2022-22095, CVE-2022-25656, CVE-2022-25670, CVE-2022-20260
- Medium – CVE-2022-28388, CVE-2022-20254, CVE-2022-20308, CVE-2022-20325, CVE-2022-20331, CVE-2022-20361, CVE-2022-20082, CVE-2021-35133, CVE-2022-20081, CVE-2021-35083, CVE-2022-22086, CVE-2021-30281, CVE-2021-30349, CVE-2021-39815, CVE-2022-20122.
Huawei begins Watch 3/Pro series WeChat watch version testing
After the GT 3 series, it’s time for Huawei Watch 3/Pro devices to jump into the internal testings of the WeChat watch version. The company has started stretching the official roots of WeChat for all eligible smart wearables.
A few days ago, the company has rolled out a beta version of HarmonyOS 3.0 for the Watch 3 Pro devices with WeChat features. However, the difference was, the firmware existed for only Pro variants with a limited number of users.
On the flip side, we have also reported that after the GT 3 series, Huawei will turn its face to the very efficient – Watch 3 series with the internal testing procedures. Looks like the time has arrived when the Huawei Watch 3 series users will also be able to fetch the WeChat version.
WeChat – in recent times, we have mentioned this term frequently. Well, it is an instant messaging application that allows users to share texts and media content with their contacts. So far, the company has only initiated the intended features of WeChat to its devices. However, now it’s time to catch the official version.
The company has officially initiated the testing of the WeChat edition for the Watch 3 series in the form of the HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 (C00E130R1P130log) build. Further, the firmware carries a huge package size of 256MB.
As quoted, this firmware mainly focuses on the WeChat watch version addition for the respective devices. As a result, users will find more responsive communication features on the wrist after installing the latest software build.
HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 Update Changelog
The changelog reads the presence of the WeChat watch version. To access the features, scan the watch’s WeChat QR code using the smartphone WeChat application. After scanning, the screen will display the message “Watch WeChat logged in”.
Alternatively, now you will be able to easily operate and view WeChat messages. Besides, you can quickly react to or reply to the received texts. You can also opt for voice replies as per convenience. Further, you can check WeChat message reminders, pictures, emoji expressions, and much more.
Apart from that, the WeChat version will allow you to utilize the WeChat Pay application. Consequently, you can carry out multiple transactions and payment options without even using your handset.
- Ensure that you use HarmonyOS 2 or Android 9.0 and above interface in your smartphone.
- Update the Huawei Health and WeChat application to their latest versions.
- The update procedure may take time. Do not panic and wait patiently for the completion of the update.
- If you encounter any problems during use, please visit the My Huawei app or contact with Huawei Customer service center.
2 new chipboards launched for Huawei OpenHarmony
Recently, 2 new development chipboards were launched for the open-source Huawei HarmonyOS operating system –OpenHarmony. This launch will further improve the community backbone, and the OpenHarmony chip/development board platform has been further enriched.
So far there are 20 chips/development boards have been integrated into the OpenHarmony backbone, and the OpenHarmony ecosystem continues to grow.
The integration into the backbone means that more community developers and partners can build, improve and enrich various functions around the chip, and build more development versions covering different solution scenarios and categories.
For developers, it can greatly reduce the development threshold of OpenHarmony, which is convenient to develop at a lower cost and experience more of the latest features of OpenHarmony.
For enterprises in the industry, it greatly reduces the OpenHarmony development cost of chip adaptation. Hence, developers can quickly and cost-effectively create their own products, and more flexibly adapt to various terminals, jointly promoting the digital and intelligent transformation of the industry.
It is reported that the 2 development chipboards of OpenHarmony are the KHDVK-3566B development board launched by Shenzhen Kaihong Digital Industry Development Co., Ltd. Digital Industry Development Co., Ltd. (referred to as “Kaihong Zhigu Company”) is a Niobe U4 development board based on ESP32 series chips.
Shenzhen Kaihong KHDVK-3566B is a smart screen development board based on OpenHarmony embedded KaihongOS, using ROCKCHIP RK3566 Cortex-A55 quad-core processor, with quad-core performance, high-energy drive, rich interfaces, and other features, the software has flexible tailoring, safety, and reliability.
The characteristics of resource sharing and seamless circulation are suitable for tablet computers, face-scanning cash registers, home appliance display screens, industrial robots, medical testing equipment, advertising machines, digital signage, teaching all-in-one machines, and other equipment, and are widely used in smart finance and smart industry. , smart education, smart energy, smart consumption, and other fields.
The Niobe U4 development board of Kaihong Zhigu Company is based on the ESP32-U4WDH chip. The chip is small in size, fast in speed, and powerful in function. It is a chip specially designed for the Internet of Things, with ultra-high RF performance and stability, versatility and reliability, as well as ultra-low power consumption, can meet different power consumption requirements, suitable for smart homes, smart education, and other applications scenarios.
The complete SDK provided by Kaihong Zhigu company and a large number of application examples blessing In this way, developers can quickly and easily carry out secondary development.