Huawei is rolling out a new software update for its devices and some Huawei P40 lite smartphone users are getting December 2022 security update, which is a very late receiving.
According to the information, this rollout was spotted in December last year. On the flip side, this phone began receiving January 2023 security patch for the global models.
It’s possible that this scenario is limited to a number of P40 Lite devices and a wide range of users may receive the latest patch.
Below you can check the complete changelog:
List of Changes
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in December 2022 for improved system security.
For more information on the security of Huawei’s EMUI system updates, visit the Huawei official website: https://consumer.huawei.com/de/support/bulletin/2022/12/
Notes on the update:
- Your personal data will not be deleted by the update. However, we recommend that you back up important data before updating.
- If you encounter any problems during the update, call the Huawei customer hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.