OpenAtom Foundation has recently released the OpenHarmony 3.2 beta 2 for the open-source community. The new beta phase of this open project, let you experience the innovative features of the official open source code of Huawei HarmonyOS globally if you are a developer.
The OpenHarmony 3.2 beta 2 version allows developers to support power management restart recovery mechanisms and open sandbox applications. Also, the security domain helps preset application pre-authorization mechanisms and fingerprints.
Meanwhile, the OpenHarmony 3.2 beta 2 update brings numerous new features and capability support for the users, for better and more supportive elements. Now you can explore the selfie-mirroring function in recording mode and more.
Although the OpenHarmony 3.2 beta 2 version has a vast changelog, that noted static and dynamic cards, components support local installation-free startup, and system SA startup and more to experience the more enhanced and standardized system.
Below you can check the complete changelog and features of the OpenHarmony 3.2 beta 2 updates released by the Open Atom Foundation:
OpenHarmonyOS 3.2 beta changelog:
Enhancement of basic capabilities of standard systems
- Added support for window multi-hot zone distribution mechanism.
- Support power management restart recovery mechanism.
- Multi-mode input added support for Input stylus pressure-sensitive synthesis, tilt angle, and key input.
- The security domain supports preset application pre-authorization mechanism, and fingerprint entry/authentication/identification framework.
- The driver supports the Selfie mirroring function in recording mode, audio sound effect control, infrared device input, audio USB plug-in/unplug identification, and event reporting.
Standard System Application Framework Capability Enhancement
- Meta capabilities support card providers to add static and dynamic cards, components support local installation-free startup, system SA startup, and access components, support single-instance Ability migration, operation management supports opening sandbox applications, and system application ability is not displayed in the latest task list.
- Package management supports obtaining the package name and certificate fingerprint information of the current package, NDK interface capability, querying the PackInfo information of a specified application, and atomic service aging and uninstallation.
Standard system application development example
- Added Demo samples such as backgammon man-machine battle, QR code generation and analysis, card use, multimedia, short video, facial recognition capabilities, etc., to provide developers with sample programs used by the SDK, so that developers can quickly get started using the OpenHarmony system basics ability.
These 63 Huawei devices received HarmonyOS 3 so far [Details]
According to the information released by Huawei, HarmonyOS 3 is rolled out 56 stable versions, 3 public beta, and 4 closed beta sessions, making a total of 63 active devices.
The details reveal that these devices include smartphones, tablets, smart screens, smart speakers, and smartwatches. This is one of the biggest upgrade procedures in any smart device ecosystem.
- P50 Pro
- P50 Pro Collector’s Edition
- P50 Pocket
- P50 Pocket Art Custom Edition
- Mate Xs 2
- Mate Xs 2 Collector’s Edition
- Mate X2
- Mate X2 4G
- Mate X2 Collector’s Edition
- Mate 40
- Mate 40 Pro 4G
- Mate 40 Pro
- Mate 40 Pro+
- Mate 40 RS Porsche Design Collector’s Edition
- Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Mate 40E
- Mate 40E Pro
- Mate 40E 4G
- P40 4G
- P40 Pro
- P40 Pro+
- Nova 10
- Nova 10 Pro
- Nova 9
- Nova 9 Pro
- Nova 8
- Nova 8 Pro 5G
- Nova 8 Pro 4G
- Mate 30
- Mate 30 5G
- Mate 30 Pro
- Mate 30 Pro 5G
- Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Mate 30E Pro 5G
- Mate Xs
- MatePad Pro 12.6 2021
- MatePad 11
- MatePad Pro 10.8 2021
- MatePad Pro 10.8
- MatePad Pro 5G 10.8
- MatePad 10.8
- Smart Screen V75 Pro
- Smart Screen V65 Pro
- Smart Screen V98
- Smart Screen V75 Super
- Smart Screen V85 2021
- Smart Screen V75 2021
- Smart Screen V65 2021
- Smart Screen V55 2021
- Sound X NEW
- Sound X 2021
- Sound Joy
- AI Speaker 2e
- Nova 9 SE
- Watch 3
- Watch 3 Pro
- Nova 7 5G
- Nova 7 Pro 5G
- Nova 6
- Nova 6 5G
However, we’re only halfway through, as plenty of old phones are waiting to get HarmonyOS 3. Including the legendary flaghip – P30 series and Mate 20 series.
HarmonyOS 3 comes with a number of new features including better Large folders with more layouts. On the other hand, it has system optimizations for better system performance. Furthermore, there are new security features that are designed to provide you with maximum safety and privacy.
Huawei Enjoy 50 receives HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
According to the changelog, HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 update for Huawei Enjoy 50 is fetching new system stability improvements along with better performance. Yet, users first have to download HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 to upgrade to the latest version.
Recently, Huawei also sent EMUI 220.127.116.111 for Enjoy 9e with a number of new additions. The upgrade is released during the rollout for Enjoy 50.
Huawei Enjoy 50:
In June, Huawei Enjoy 50 launched with a 6.75-inch screen size, 16.7 million colors, TFT LCD type, and HD+ resolution (1600 x 720 pixels). The phone measures 168.3mm in length, 77.7mm in width, 8.98mm in thickness, and 199 grams in weight. There are three colors to choose from – Crystal Blue, Pearl White, and Midnight Black.
It brings dual rear camera system consisting of a 13-megapixel main camera (f/1.8 aperture) and a 2MP depth-of-field camera (f/2.4 aperture). The rear camera has modes of Normal photo, portrait photo, professional mode, and panorama mode.
The latest software update for Huawei Enjoy 50 is expanding in batches and may take some to cover all of the available models. We suggest you make a backup of important files, to prevent unnecessary data loss.
Also, make sure your smartphone is not rooted and updated to the latest HarmonyOS firmware.
Huawei Mate 50 series gets December 2022 patch
According to the changelog, the December 2022 patch for the Huawei Mate 50 series brings system stability optimizations with new improvements to bring better performance.
It’s further revealed that the patch is distributed with HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168patch02 for – Mate 50, Mate 50 Pro, and Mate 50 RS Porsche Design. Since it’s a patch, the OTA will size only 16.26MB. On the other hand, it’s available only for the HarmonyOS 3 version of the Mate 50 lineup.
After upgrading to the latest software patch, a Huawei Mate 50 standard user reported a camera telephoto bug. The user reports that the 10X telephoto zoom lost clarity over the past version.
The user also posted a video describing this issue. It felt like the camera failed to focus on the subject, similar to Huawei P30 Pro.
A number of users replied this to bug. Saying that it could be an issue with the day and nighttime light arrangements. While some suggest that this could be fixed with the next upgrade.
Last month, Huawei sent a performance improvement update for Mate 50 series devices. According to our report, the phone received a substantial boost in GPU performance with HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124.
A test on the Genshin Impact game revealed that the Huawei Mate 50 Pro delivers frame rate improvements along with the stability of the smartphone.
To download this software update, Huawei Mate 50 owners can look into the My Huawei app and then tap on the updates section to get the latest firmware version. However, users are recommended to make a backup of important files as a safety precaution.