Earlier this month, Huawei began to roll out September 2022 security patch for the Nova 5T smartphone. The update is still expanding this patch but have you installed it on your device?
If you haven’t received this firmware on your Nova 5T, we recommend you check for the latest firmware via Settings and install it right away as it appears. Security patches are essential for the device’s security and provide a grip over what’s going to the inner part of the system.
The rollout expands in batches and it’ll reach your model as soon as possible. However, it won’t bring any extra features for your device, as it only brings new EMUI patches.
Meanwhile, Huawei has listed EMUI 13 features and they are pretty much close to what we’ve seen in the HarmonyOS 3. Will this new phone receive EMUI 13? That’s what we’re expecting but we may have to look further into the ground to wait for the reality.
So, have you installed September 2022 security patch on your Huawei Nova 5T? Let us know via the poll linked below.
Check February 2023 EMUI security patch details
Huawei has released February 2023 EMUI security patch details that will fetch better safety for smartphones running EMUI 12.0.1, EMUI 12.0, and EMUI 11 in the global market.
In the meantime, Huawei keeps on sending security patches, optimizations, and other important performance upgrades over the OTA method directly to the devices.
Meanwhile, Huawei has not released the February 2023 EMUI security patch update for smartphones but it may soon be delivered to the corresponding eligible models.
Why it’s important?
Security patches are important and Huawei releases such upgrades for smartphones to implement high safety measures to guard the data and fight vulnerabilities. Such updates roll out monthly and quarterly sessions.
Huawei has fixed 2 issues in critical condition, 14 of them fixed in high mode, medium and low level of vulnerabilities are not recorded this time. While there are 23 common vulnerability exposures patched from the last firmware version.
Specifically, it fixes an unauthorized access vulnerability (CVE-2022-48286) in the multi-screen collaboration module, which could have affected the confidentiality of the files that you are sharing over the air.
There are two medium-level vulnerabilities fixed for Bluetooth modules, which could exploit user data. CVE-2022-48295 addresses the fix of authentification of the IHwAntiMalPlugin API, which could let malware attack your Huawei device.
Next comes the Huawei fix for permission management vulnerability in the SystemUI module, which may cause users to receive misleading broadcasts from malicious apps for storage exploitations.
Below you can check all of the CVE counts and codes mentioned in the February 2023 security bulletin.
- CVE-2022-22088, CVE-2022-41674
- CVE-2022-20456, CVE-2022-20461, CVE-2022-20489, CVE-2022-20490, CVE-2022-20492, CVE-2022-20493, CVE-2022-20494, CVE-2023-20905, CVE-2023-20913, CVE-2023-20915, CVE-2023-20920, CVE-2023-20921, CVE-2022-33255, CVE-2022-32635
Already included in previous updates:
- CVE-2022-20504, CVE-2022-20506, CVE-2022-20513, CVE-2022-20515, CVE-2022-20516, CVE-2022-20517, CVE-2022-20518, CVE-2022-20520, CVE-2022-20521, CVE-2022-20525, CVE-2022-20528, CVE-2022-20530, CVE-2022-20537, CVE-2022-20539, CVE-2022-20541, CVE-2022-20544, CVE-2022-20546, CVE-2022-20552, CVE-2022-42535, CVE-2022-42542, CVE-2022-20496, CVE-2022-20566, CVE-2021-39793
February 2023 security patch may take some time to toss over the devices and we’ll keep you posted.
Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update is expanding
Huawei is expanding the January 2023 security patch for Nova 7 global version that improves the phone’s capability against potential threats. According to the information, Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update comes with version 188.8.131.52 and 233 megabytes. This update is rolling out in batches began to rollout early last month.
You can check for the update via Settings or via the My Huawei app. Below you can see the update changelog:
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in January 2023 for improved system security.
- This update will not erase your personal data but we recommend that you back up only important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update contact the Huawei customer service hotline.
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
Thanks to the tipster – Mohammed for this amazing update.
Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 gets January 2023 EMUI update
Despite the fact that EMUI 13 has not made its way to us, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 users can download January 2023 security update with EMUI build version 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.111 respectively (via Huaweiportal).
Huawei Mate Xs 2 is an exceptional smartphone and it is a second-generation outward folding device that made its way to the global market. On the other side, it provides a new user experience than the predecessor.
The Nova 9 has a unique design and helped Huawei to recover Nova series sales among global consumers supporting a high-quality camera system. It equips 120Hz refresh rate and Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 4G.
Interestingly, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 launched with pre-installed EMUI 12 software and there are various features that caught our eye. However, it’s been already an entire year since Huawei rolled out a major upgrade. And EMUI 13 is all we’re waiting for.
For now, Huawei has not informed us about the EMUI 13 release date but these two smartphone owners eagerly waiting for a new announcement. Don’t forget that you can check for the latest firmware via system Settings > tap on System & updates > then move with the Software update to fetch a new upgrade for your Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9.
Below you can check the full changelog for both of these rolllouts.
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- January 2023 security patches integrated for better system security.
- With this update, your personal data will not be deleted, but it is recommended to backup all important data before updating. If you encounter any problems during the update, please call Huawei customer service support line or visit one of the Huawei service centers for assistance. This update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.