Back in February, Huawei started testing a new search application – Huawei Search, as a substitute for Google Search that offers features as instant searches, quick views widgets, and newsfeeds.
Now, the company has completed the testing of Huawei Search and officially released it on the AppGallery with a new name “Petal Search”. The app not only offers searches but it also comes with a brand new feature.
The new feature that we’re talking about is called “Favorite Apps”. The search will now allow users to download and recommend apps directly from Petal Search.
Petal Search offers:
– App recommendations and searches
– Daily weather forecasts and top news
– Live sports scores and schedules
– Video, image, and music searches
– Financial news and stock market updates
– Security protection
– Search millions of hotels worldwide and book rooms
– Check flights and travel info for top global destinations
– Look up local services and businesses with comprehensive directories
According to Huawei, the app developers will continue to bring new features to the Petal Search. You can also download this application from our application page.
Google Meet is getting new UI, additional features and new background
Google has announced new features and a completely fresh UI for its video-conferencing application, Google Meet. The new update will install a handful of changes in the application, which includes –
- Newly design refreshed look
- Additional features
- Background changes
All these changes will be updated in the coming months and will improve the video conferencing experience of the users.
Let’s take a closer look at the upcoming changes in Google meet:
Newly design refreshed look:
With the new design and refreshed look, the Goole Meet will get a more spacious look. Afterward, users can use more areas to see the video clip and also can add more windows.
It will also shift the Meeting dial-in codes, the participant list, chat, and attachments options on the bottom right corner of the window, which made more space in vertical alignment.
The additional buttons like mute, pause, turn on captions, wave, and present placed next to the power button on the bottom-mid of the window.
The additional changes will bring boast of features to place all control on the bottom bar of the window. So, no need to use the pop-up menu or drop menu often.
After the updated user can resize, reposition or hide their video feed while the video conferencing. As well there is an AI Zooming feature is also coming, which said to be available for the paid subscribers.
Together with all this, now presenters are able to unpin their content to see other people on the call and gauge reactions. Google is also planning to launch the ability to pin multiple video feeds which is likely to come soon.
Furthermore, Google Meet will also get the Data Saver Mode on the mobile version by this month. It will be helpful in using the limited data.
About the background changes, Google is introducing three themes including a classroom, a party, and a forest.
In Addition, Google Meet will also now automatically detect a low light background and automatically adjust the brightness. This feature will roll out to Google Meet on the web in the coming weeks.
Huawei voice assistant will soon support for Japanese AI subtitles
To date, Huawei technology stretch to almost every field including smart products manufacturing, Cloud and computing services, and software application development, etc. As well the company is also taking the essential steps to grow in these fields.
Huawei is also advancing itself in the field of voice assistant technology and embedding it into its devices. Related to this, as per the latest information, the company has been started to test a new version of the company’s smart voice app on Huawei smartphones.
The new 184.108.40.2060 version is committed to liberating users through advanced voice interaction technology. According to the changelog, this latest version brings many optimizations to provide a more enhanced user experience.
It was also mentioned that it will allow the app to provide support for Japanese AI subtitles for more ease of language transmissions.
Release Note Details:
- Update version: Users can identify this update with the 220.127.116.110 built version
- Update size: It contains a 56.1MB update package size
Release Note Changelog:
- Optimize the ease of use of AI subtitles, and add support for AI subtitles in call scenes. Daily drama chasing and communication are more relaxed and enjoyable (only for ROM 11.0 and above).
- Optimize the weather function, accurately sense cold and warm, and respond to weather changes in time
- Access to quark chat, add a new chat function to help you pass the boring time
- Optimize smooth connection-number return
Not a long ago, Huawei Assistant honored as the first-ever virtual smartphone assistant to support an Esports ‘card’. Now, users can enjoy live scores, results, and sports headlines of the major gaming events.
However, it’s not confirmed, whether this feature will be available to markets outside of China.
New Head up Display and COVID-19 supporting features rolling for Huawei Petal Maps app
Now, Huawei is sending a new application update for Petal Maps, which comes with a number of new features including a Head-up display (HUD), COVID-19 supporting functions, and more.
Additionally, it also brings optimizations for volume adjustment for voice broadcasts during navigation, as well as Bluetooth settings, Shows an outline of the place when searching for AOIs, and more.
Talking about Petal Maps, it offers map browsing, map searching, navigation, and air gestures. Also, it not only lets you get your current location, browse the map, search for places, and add your favorites, but displays real-time traffic conditions, events, and more.
Updates version: Users can identify this latest update with version 18.104.22.1684(001) updated from 22.214.171.1241(001) with an update size of 16.9MB.
Check the detailed changelog mentioned below.
- Adda Head-up Display (HUD) functionality
- Supports creating custom favorite lists
- Allows showing COVID-19 information on the map
- Supports searching COVID-19 vaccination sites (France and Singapore)
- Optimizes volume adjustment for voice broadcasts during navigation, as well as Bluetooth settings
- Adds an avoid ferries option when planning routes
- Shows an outline of the place when searching for AOIs (Areas of Interest) such as airport
For more information:
Petal Maps application initially supports multiple languages, with voice notifications in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Mandarin in over 140 countries.