After three months of long awaiting, finally, Huawei P Smart Pro smartphone users are getting the major EMUI 12 update in a stable form. The update is live for the EMUI 12 beta testers, while it will gradually approach the users with EMUI 10 build.
Alongside, Huawei is wrapping up the work of HarmonyOS 3.0 and will soon reveal it in the upcoming days, this month. As per developer beta reports, the Chinese manufacturer has imposed a huge bundle of enhancements to the new interface.
Moreover, the new version of HarmonyOS keenly focuses on improving the privacy system and strengthening it against exploits and malware threats.
Coming back to the major development, Huawei P Smart Pro stable EMUI 12 update is arriving with software version 188.8.131.52 (C432E2R1P1). However, there comes a variation in the package size of the update. The update size for the users in beta firmware is 302MB. While those who are upgrading their smartphone from EMUI 10, will install the 3.8GB package.
For installing the update, the user can head to the Settings menu. Further, select the System & Updates followed by Software Updates. From here, follow the on-screen instructions and download the latest interface.
Stable EMUI 12 Update Changelog
Font – Supports more flexible font adjustment, allowing you to adjust the size and weight with a slider.
Neuromorphic Design – Applies the concept of neumorphism to Ul elements by using simple color tones, shadows, and highlights to create a more realistic effect.
Smart Folders – Supports touching and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them for easier access to the apps within them.
Notification Panel and Control Panel – This allows you to swipe down from the top left side of the screen to access the Notification Panel to view notifications, and from the top right side to access the Control Panel to use shortcuts. Adds an audio control section to Control Panel, making it easier to switch between different audio devices and audio apps. Allows you to touch Huawei laptop and tablet icons in the Device+ section of the Control Panel to quickly enable Multi-Screen Collaboration.
Collaborative Security – Adds a mobile phone-laptop collaborative authentication feature. This allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei laptop when your phone and laptop are connected via Multi-Screen Collaboration.
Cross-Device File Management – Supports accessing documents or images on your phone using a laptop without having to connect the two devices with a data cable.
MeeTime – Adds the MeeTime app, allowing you to make HD voice and video calls using a Wi-Fi or data network. Adds support for sharing the screen during video calls, allowing you to mark and share key information while video chatting.
Huawei EMUI August 2022 Updates List
We are stepping in the second week of August 2022, and Huawei has begun unfolding the new EMUI-based firmware updates. After, wrapping up the grand HarmonyOS 3.0 event, the company has again turned itself to its regular EMUI update distribution process.
Apart from the security improvements, the company has released some major EMUI software updates for eligible devices. So far, these devices include some unexpected members of the Huawei product family. For instance the P Smart series, Mate 10 series, and Y9 Prime smartphones.
In this long run of software updates, Huawei has also unveiled the August 2022 EMUI security patch which is the standard solution for bugs and issues. The respective patch fixes a good number of vulnerabilities of the device and makes the security system more efficient for the users.
For the moment, the company is busy dispatching the July 2022 EMUI patch for smart gadgets across the globe. And with the upcoming firmware updates, Huawei will deliver the August 2022 security updates and will release them for the devices running on the EMUI system.
So Huawei fans, to keep your device up-to-date, we recommend installing the latest software to your respective handy gadgets. However, it might now be possible to catch every info regarding new updates here and there. Hence, we are here with this thoughtful article that will bring you the daily report of new updates.
Huawei EMUI August 2022 Updates:
August 15, 2022
- EMUI July 2022 update is now live for Huawei P Smart 2021
- The EMUI 12-based July 2022 security patch is making its way to the Huawei P40 Lite smartphone users in the European markets. Check out what’s new with this update. Read More
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro users become the first and foremost to receive EMUI August 2022 security update. The latest firmware is rolling out in the Middle East markets for the moment and will gradually move to other regions.
- Breaking: Stable EMUI 12 rolling out for Huawei P Smart Z. [Changelog]
August 12, 2022
- Heir of the P series – the Huawei P50 smartphone is receiving the July 2022 EMUI security update in Europe. The update improves the overall system of the device and brings more stability.
August 09, 2022
- Huawei has started expanding the Nova 5T July 2022 EMUI security update with version 184.108.40.206 in the global market.
August 08, 2022
- Huawei is working to expand the EMUI 12 update for its old flagship devices. At this moment, the company is rolling out the EMUI software for Mate 10 Pro smartphone users. Read More
August 06, 2022
- Huawei started expanding the EMUI 12 software update for the P Smart 2019 smartphone users for more global users. [Changelog]
- Huawei Nova 5T users have begun collecting the EMUI July 2022 security update in Europe. The update brings a bunch of improvements and enhances the overall system of the device.
August 05, 2022
- The clamshell-designed Huawei P50 Pocket foldable started receiving the July 2022 EMUI security patch update in West Europe and France market.
August 04, 2022
- Huawei is working to expand the recently released July 2022 security patch fixes to the Nova 7 5G smartphone users. The latest patch is arriving on the EMUI 12 surface with the 220.127.116.11 version.
August 03, 2022
- Huawei is expanding the July 2022 security update for the Nova 5T smartphone users in Europe. The company has recently rolled out the respective patch in the region and now has started to gradually expand it for more users.
- Huawei has started the expansion of the major EMUI 12 software update for the P30 Lite smartphone users across the globe. [Features]
- Huawei is rolling out the June 2022 security patch for the Nova 7i smartphone in the Asian and Australian markets. Read More
August 02, 2022
- Huawei has begun expanding the July 2022 security update for the Mate 40 Pro smartphone running on the EMUI system in Europe.
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable smartphone is now receiving the July 2022 security patch with EMUI software update. The update is hovering in the global market with new improvements for the system. Read More
- Huawei has started rolling out the first EMUI update for the sleek-looking smartphone – Nova Y70. The budget-friendly device is gaining new firmware with a handful of optimizations for the optical part and the internal system. [Changelog]
August 01, 2022
- Huawei has started distributing the July 2022 EMUI security update for the Huawei Mate 40 Pro smartphone. The update is approaching the Europe region with the 18.104.22.1680 build version. Read More
Have you not received EMUI 12?
EMUI 12 is the major installation that is being conducted among Huawei smartphone users and people want to get this update on board as soon as possible.
The rollout is currently waving in different markets, and there are eligible devices that have been getting the new update via the OTA upgrade method. However, there are some people that may have not received EMUI 12.
The cause is mainly relying on the staged rollout, because major EMUI updates roll out in tiers and process gradually for different models. Hence, some group of people gets EMUI 12 first, while others have to wait until it expands.
Aside from the staged rollout, it’s also possible that you may have been trying to get this EMUI version via only settings, while you should have also requested it via the My Huawei app. Since Huawei has started releasing the My Huawei app, sometimes, the company suggests requesting new software builds via this application.
Furthermore, you can try HiSuite, a desktop application from Huawei, that helps you check for the latest firmware update via directly from your PC.
As of now, Huawei has seeded EMUI 12 in Huawei Mate 40 Pro, Mate 30 Pro, P40 series, P30 series, Mate 20 series, P40 Lite series, Nova 7 series, Nova 5T, P30 Lite, and some models from P Smart series. That’s not it, Huawei has also upgraded some of the most important old flagships – Huawei P10 and Mate 10 with EMUI 12.
To mention, the latter half of the devices recently began to upgrade over the new EMUI version. Therefore, it may take some time to cover all of their models.
EMUI 12 is the best EMUI version, it has various new functionalities and graphics changes that surpass its predecessors. Speaking of which, EMUI 12 comes with a new UI that has a better appearance than EMUI 11. Also, features such as a control panel, notification panel, and large folders along with new animations improve the user experience.
So, have you still not received EMUI 12 on your Huawei phone? Participate in the poll below and put your answer.
Who still hasn't received EMUI 12? #Huawei
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) August 17, 2022
EMUI 12 enters last phase of rollout
Announced last year, EMUI 12 has brought new hope for Huawei smartphone users. As of August 2022, almost 9 months has been passed since its official unveiling and EMUI 12 has now entered the last phase of rollout.
In November, Huawei opened EMUI 12 beta activity with Huawei Mate 40 Pro, Huawei Mate 30 Pro, and P40 series. These phones are the first ones to participate in the test. After 2 months of testing, Huawei rolled out stable EMUI 12 via OTA on all of these three series’ in January and began wide testing for other devices.
These are – Huawei P40 Lite, P40 Lite 5G, P40 Lite, Nova 7, and Nova 7i. These phones have been one of the most popular ones in the budget to mid-range segments to get EMUI 12. While some of these have not been upgraded with EMUI 11.
In April, Huawei rolled out EMUI 12 for prominent flagships – Huawei P30 and Mate 20 series, along with the mid-range Nova 5T. These phone users have been delighted with this new software upgrade as the phone completes their ‘probably’ final major software reign.
However, this doesn’t conclude our journey, because Huawei also took care of one of the oldest batches of flagships such as – the Huawei Mate 10 and the P20 series. WoW! This was an announcement that made the fans happy.
In the meantime, Huawei has reached the last phase of EMUI 12 and it’s seeding this new EMUI version for Huawei Y9s, Y9 Prime 2019, P30 Lite, and P Smart series. The rollouts are currently in progress and the company will continue to expand this software as it continues to progress.
EMUI 12 brings a brand new user interface that looks way better than the previous generation. This design has been derived directly from HarmonOS operating system. On the other hand, you will get a bunch of new animations that improve the viewing experience.
Furthermore, EMUI 12 has its own new additions such as large folders, which compound and helps you to clean up the home screen apps more efficiently.