Huawei global consumers are waiting for their turn to test the brand new EMUI 12 software. Meanwhile, Huawei has begun the EMUI 12 beta testing program for popular smartphones including flagship devices.
In terms of popularity, the first choice is Huawei Nova 5T alongside flagships smartphones. Last November, Huawei confirmes the Nova 5T eligibility for EMUI 12 software system. Since then, Huawei Nova 5T is under EMUI 12 beta testing and receiving beta build via OTA update.
One thing to be noted, Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 beta is only available to users, who have participated in EMUI 12 beta testing through the Huawei Beta app. Meanwhile, the corresponding device users have to wait a bit longer to install the EMUI 12.
Coming to Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 changelog, brings features that will provide you with a new user experience thanks to the environment that is inspired by HarmonyOS operating system. The set of offerings consists of a fresh user interface that has a separate notification and control panel as well as functionalities such as new fonts.
More interestingly, EMUI 12 also has a multi-device file management system, Huawei Share as well as a cooperative authentication function between smartphones and laptops. To know more about the EMUI 12 beta features, check the full changelog below and explore the details.
Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 12 Changelog:
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops