Huawei Nova 10 Youth Edition and Huawei Nova 9 SE are now receiving the brand new HarmonyOS 3.1 feature pack. This new update is expanding to old devices and comes with added new capabilities along with a better user experience.
For starters, this upgrade comes with HarmonyOS software version 126.96.36.1990. However, most of the features belong to HarmonyOS 3.1. Amid the latest rollout, Huawei didn’t announce any specific plans to upgrade all of the old phones with this new update. Instead, it decided to jump right into the OTA update release.
According to the information, the selected model for this upgrade procedure is:
- Nova 10 Youth Edition – JLN-AL00
- Nova 9 SE – JLN-AL00
Comparing the changelogs, I’ve found that the company is sending June 2023 security patches to only Huawei Nova 9 SE. Meanwhile, the rest of the changelog detail remains the same on both smartphones.
How to download:
Open the Settings page, then tap on System & Update, and then visit Software updates. Now you will have to tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES, followed by a notification on the download update procedure.
Check the full changelog below.
- Service widgets: Combined widgets can automatically expand or shrink as the cards increase or decrease, and stacked widgets can be automatically rotated and displayed as the scene changes.
- Smart multi-window: Add the function of saving the split-screen state, save the split-screen state to the home screen, and click the split-screen combination icon to open the dual-app split-screen mode with one click. Optimize the smart multi-window experience, when returning to the screen, the floating window It will automatically shrink to a small window to continue the task.
- Calendar: Added curriculum subscription service, which can import curriculum by taking photos or photo albums, supports custom editing of courses and course reminders, curriculum service cards can be added to the home screen, and course information is easily grasped.
- App Guard: Optimize the App Guard, improve security, provide a pop-up window for secondary confirmation of application jumps, reduce the risk of misoperation, and make each step of jumping knowable and controllable.
- System: Documents support a one-step preview, no pop-up box is required to select the opening method.
call audio can be switched between speakers, earpieces, and different Bluetooth devices in one step through the multi-device broadcast control center.
- Huawei’s printing interface is optimized, and the printing entry is simplified and unified, making it easier to print documents in one step
- Optimize system performance, sliding operation, page switching, and application startup are smooth and comfortable every step of the way, and the dynamic effect can be interrupted, making the experience smoother.
- Add a quick download icon for the Petal Light Game application, click to download, and use it directly.
With these new HarmonyOS 3.1 features, Huawei Nova 10 Youth Edition and Huawei Nova 9 SE are ready to head into a new journey.