Huawei P40 series has started a rapid implication of new HarmonyOS 3.1 features in China, which is a big surprise for the phone users running the HarmonyOS operating system. The latest software update is a big change in terms of fluidity in the software operations.
According to the information, the Huawei P40 series is getting a new software update with HarmonyOS firmware version 22.214.171.1240. This package weighs 1.42GB. To be mentioned, all of the latest HarmonyOS 3.1 features are being released over HarmonyOS 3.0.0.x build and not with 3.1.
Models grabbing this software:
- P40 ANA-AN00
- P40 ANA-TN00
- P40 ANA-AL00
- P40 Pro – ELS-AN00
- P40 Pro – ELS-TN00
- P40 Pro+ – ELS-AN10
Outside of China, Huawei P40 Pro users are waiting for the next major update – EMUI 13. However, the company has not confirmed this rollout for the time being.
- Service widget combos can automatically expand or shrink with the increase or decrease of widgets. Stacked widgets can change with the situation.
- Added the feature of saving the split-screen combination, saving the split-screen state to the home screen, and clicking the split-screen combination icon to open the dual-app split-screen mode with one click
- Added curriculum subscription service, which can import curriculum by taking photos or photo albums, supports custom editing of courses and course reminders, curriculum service cards can be added to the home screen, and course information is easily accessible.
- The document supports a one-step preview, no need to pop up the box to choose the opening method
- Call audio can be switched between the speaker, earpiece, and different Bluetooth devices in one step through the multi-device broadcast control center
- Added a quick download icon for the Petal Light Games, click to download and use it directly
- Optimize the smart multi-window experience. When returning to the home screen, the floating window will automatically shrink to a small window to continue the task
- Optimize the App Guard, improve security, provide a secondary confirmation pop-up window for application jumps, reduce the risk of misoperation, and make each jump step knowable and controllable
- Optimize Huawei’s printing interface, simplify and unify the printing entry, and print documents more easily in one step.
- Optimize system performance, slide operations, page switching, and application startup are smooth and comfortable every step of the way. Motion effects can be interrupted, making the experience smoother
How to update
Huawei P40 series users can download the latest HarmonyOS 3.1 features via Settings > System & update > Software updates and then CHECK FOR UPDATES.