Huawei has dispatched the November 2022 update for the MatePad 11 tablet users. Notably, the latest software update contains a lot more than the regular security patches and offers an impressive user experience.
Yes, the Huawei MatePad 11 November 2022 update welcomes a bunch of HarrmonyOS 3.0 features. While the firmware also optimizes some system applications and the writing experience of the stylus alongside.
But herein falls the twist! The latest update is only rolling for the Huawei MatePad 11 beta users. Consequently, those users who have enrolled in the recent beta program and have installed the HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 builds are only eligible for this update.
Another significant point is users running their MatePad 11 devices on the 126.96.36.199 are receiving a huge changelog, whereas other consumers have to settle with a handful of optimizations and improvements.
Anyhow, the update is still worth downloading on your smart gadget. You can identify the new firmware with HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 version. Also keep at least 2GB of free space to install the update package.
Huawei MatePad 11 November 2022 Update Changelog
Version: HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 to HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11
- Compatible Model: Huawei MatePad 11 WiFi (DBY-W09)
- Changes: Optimizes the writing experience of the stylus and improves the overall functioning of the device.
Version: HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 to HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124
- Added the SuperHub Transfer feature which enables you to share various content between apps and devices. Just long press, and drag pictures, texts, links, and more to SuperHub Transfer.
- Newly added mouse pointer icon. Now you can easily adjust the speed of the mouse pointer.
- Optimizes the user experience of the Notes app.
- Optimizes the writing experience of the stylus
- Integrates the November 2022 security patch that enhances the system security
To install the newly-arrived firmware, visit the Settings menu. Select System & Updates followed by Software Updates. Now follow the on-screen prompts to proceed ahead.
Before taking your steps for installation, make sure that you have ample space and battery level on your device. Though the update will not harm your essentials. Yet, we will recommend taking a backup of your gadget.
Open Source HarmonyOS OpenHarmony 3.2 Beta 4 rolling out
OpenAtom foundation has released open source HarmonyOS, OpenHarmony 3.2 Beta 4 for the developers. This version brings a number of new improvements to the kernel and internal features of the software.
To be mentioned, OpenHarmony 3.2 beta 4 is based on beta 3 and includes the following changes.
Enhancement of the basic capabilities of the standard system:
- The program access control subsystem supports forward CFI, API exception handling optimization, etc.
- The kernel subsystem supports Hyperhold memory expansion feature enhancement, F2FS terminal performance enhancement, and optimization.
- The multi-mode input subsystem supports enabling and disabling keyboard function keys, and multi-hot zone support related to input devices.
- The graphics subsystem supports the transmission of graphics data based on the shared memory mechanism, supports YUV layers, supports GPU composition on the RS side, and supports rotation and dynamic resolution of the virtual screen, etc.
- The upgrade subsystem supports AB hot upgrade function, flashd upgrade supports AB partition device upgrade, SD/OTG upgrade supports AB partition device upgrade.
- The globalization subsystem supports on-demand subscription of device management events, system resources support overlay difference, and resource management supports cross-OS platform capabilities.
- The Misc software subsystem supports uploading files in PUT mode, download management supports configuration download tasks, input method framework optimization and enhancement, and supports printing service framework.
- The DFX subsystem supports power consumption data collection, system event data collection, perf data collection, etc.
- The ArkTS API has newly added support for reporting error codes, helping developers quickly catch exceptions and improving the efficiency of exception handling.
Standard System Application Development Framework Enhancements
- Supports dynamic library isolation, operation management supports pending application interception.
- Support window attribute setting, support ArkTS card interaction, XComponent provides container component capabilities, etc.
- Supports configuration of application dependencies supports adding, deleting, and checking operations on the list of application installation and uninstallation, and supports adding, deleting, and checking operations on the list of applications that are prohibited from running.
Standard system distributed capability enhancement:
- Distributed hardware supports the same account credential parameter request and import.
New KS8123 electronic payment device supports OpenHarmony operating system
Shenzhen Zhengtong’s latest KS8123 electronic payment device is now compatible with the OpenHarmony operating system. The cooperation has completed the eligibility procedure and has attained the corresponding certificate.
For your information, the KS8123 electronic device is a useful payment solution. It changes traditional payment methods and helps in the effective integration between vast mobile data and third-party servers.
In the latest development, the high-end KS8123 payment device is capable of supporting OpenHarmony 3.1 release. As a result, it will help in conducting appropriate and suitable financial payment operations among consumers.
Not only users, but the respective technology can aid large enterprises as well. Accordingly, the tech pack device can install in-demand third-party applications to help industries and other operators.
Moreover, with the help of the OpenHarmony 3.1 operating system, the KS8123 shields confidential data and improves the overall user experience. Besides, it generates an Online-to-Offline closed-loop system for secure payment functions.
KS8123 payment device – key specs & functions
The latest Shenzhen Zhengtong KS8123 payment solution comes along with a 10.1-inch IPS screen. This is a high-definition touchscreen with a three-dimensional light camera, free rotating patterns, and anti-counterfeit functions.
It also has the UnionPay Security qualification and Chinese secret certificate. Eventually, the smart device can offer complete encryption of the data and looks after the data storage and transmission actions.
In addition, the KS8123 integration with OpenHarmony 3.1 makes it more reliable for financial tasks. It verifies and optimizes the following aspects of the business:
- Communication interface security
- Application software security
- User data security
- Physical security
On the flip side, the device synchronizes with the definitive codes of OpenHarmony to improve the payment interaction between businesses. As a result, operators will get a highly connected and productive payment solution.
Alongside the business stuff, the KS8123 electronic payment gadget can also play a vital role in medical, governmental, and other industrial sectors.
Niobe Northbound Application Lab Kit passes OpenHarmony eligibility test
A new Niobe northbound application lab kit recently qualified for the OpenHarmony eligibility test. The latest input reveals that this new lab kit is a highly effective solution for educational sectors and provides a coherent teaching experience.
For your information, the latest application lab kit derives from Hunan Kaihong Zhigu’s digital industry. So far, a variety of products of the Kaihong cooperation passed the OpenHarmony verification. Now the company has brought a new product on the surface with thoughtful features.
As of now, the Niobe northbound application lab kit is compatible with the OpenHarmony 3.1.1 release version and has received the corresponding eligibility certificate.
Talking about the features, the new experimental lab kit is based on multi-purpose machine programming. Further, it works on four major aspects: smart office, smart agriculture, smart home, and smart transportation.
On the flip side, being an educational solution, the application lab kit brings 7 major teaching courses and materials on board. Besides, operators will also find 448 hours of video sessions, and more than 30 experimental situations and related cases.
Niobe application lab kit – overall teaching solution
In addition, the Niobe northbound application lab kit improves the following scenarios:
- Provides scientific and technological innovation learning
- New ideas for lesson preparation of teachers
- Helps in finding a scientific research topic
- Offers illustration and real-life examples for better interaction with the topic
- Enhances group learning scenarios
- Provides in-depth learning
Better than traditional teaching programs
Aside from the new facilities, the latest lab kit also eliminates many of the teaching problems. For instance, DevEco often results in dull computing power, time-consuming, and insecure connections.
However, the Niobe application lab kit with OpenHarmony integration delivers better performance and connections to users. Moreover, it uproots over finer virtual and multi-collaborative elements.
As a result, it is capable of supporting high-level languages, application development, and operations related to AI (Artificial intelligence), IoT (Internet of Things), and high-end technical services.
Accordingly, it will help in easy access to new learning and make educational operations more convenient for both teachers and students.