Huawei published the August 2022 HarmonyOS update to its MatePad 10.8 tablet. As per the software info, the new update comes over HarmonyOS 184.108.40.2061 build version with the new build version 220.127.116.115.
- Huawei MatePad 10.8 inch (SCMR-W09)
- Huawei MatePad 10.8 inch (SCMR-AL09)
As of the new update, the changelog reads only the security enhancements of the tablet. It installs the August 2022 security patch that protects the device against the different levels of CVEs found in the system.
For more information, Huawei MatePad 10.8 users can check the changelog of the August 2022 HarmonyOS update along with the update steps and notes below in the article.
There are two ways to install the update. Either you can opt for the My Huawei app or simply through the device Settings.
To install the update through the My Huawei app. Open the app on your tablet >> then select the Support section >> from here, tap on the Update tab and then follow the on-screen norms.
Alternatively, you can also download the update manually through your device settings. Go to the Settings app >> select the Software updates option under the System & updates section. Then CHECK FOR UPDATES. If the update is available for your device, the Download and install tab will pop up. Click on the Download and install to get the latest update.
- Please check your tablet is not on a root connection.
- Although this update will not erase your essentials, we recommend taking a backup.
- Do not turn off the phone, once the installation process starts.
- Maintain enough battery and storage on your device.
- After installing the update, the system performs a self-optimization and adaptation process. Because of this, your device may heat up, freeze or consume more power but it’ll return to its normal state after 2-3 days.
- We suggest you charge your device for more than 2 hours after the upgrade process for a seamless experience.