Huawei has released yet latest update for another smartphone. The Huawei Mate Xs started acquiring the HarmonyOS update, which mainly installs the May 2022 security patch. As HarmonyOS mentioned you can get that the update kicked off in the Chinese market.
The latest software update incorporates security patches and enhances the smartphone system performance. Also, the update will enrich and fill the security gap of your device that leads to provide you with a flawless experience.
However, the May 2022 HarmonyOS update for the Mate Xs smartphone fix 1 CVE in the framework, 5 CVEs in the kernel, 6 CVEs in the system, 1 CVE in the application, and 53 CVEs were fixed in third-party libraries.
Meanwhile, the new firmware version accompanying the update is HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52, which is updated from 184.108.40.206. Notably, the update is compatible with Mate Xs (TAH-ANOOm) model.
It’s worth mentioning to install the update as soon as possible to experience the new and amazing changes in your Mate Xs devices. Below you can check the guide to reach the security update installation.
How to update:
Open the Settings app on your smartphone then find the System and updates section from a Software update, select the Check For Update finally tap on Download and Install option.
Also, you can get the update from the My Huawei App, open the My Huawei App then Select the Update action now click on the Download and Install tab.
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro is receiving HarmonyOS 220.127.116.118
A few weeks ago, Huawei launched a new member of the Watch GT family, the Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro, which is now officially on sale in various regions. In addition to this, a new HarmonyOS update for the smartwatch has recently been released which includes several new features.
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro HarmonyOS 18.104.22.1688 update
The new Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro update aims to improve security and stability, notably, the update comes with HarmonyOS build number – 22.214.171.1248. Also with this update, all the problems faced by the users have been resolved.
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro changelog reveals that the update has enhanced the experience of more scenarios and optimized the system stability. It gives a level of security to your Watch GT 3 Pro.
Meanwhile, the update is currently released in the Chinese market and soon it will expand to other regions Huawei is releasing it gradually. The update bears 7.6.02 MB of installation weight.
The latest HarmonyOS 126.96.36.1998 version update for Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro is now live for the users, you can install it for better optimization as well as stability to the system security. Below you can check the guide on how to grab this:
How to update:
- Visit on Huawei Health app on your smartphone.
- Search for Connected Devices section
- Choose the ‘Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro’ option
- Tap on update
- Select Download and Install as available updates.
- When done, reboot the watch.
Point to remember:
- The update may take a time to embrace,
- do not be afraid if some application of your portable device does not work properly.
- Frequently pause and then restart your device.
- Also, do not forget to connect the portable device to your phone for a complete process.
Huawei Mate 40 Series HM OS updates [Tracker]
Last October, Huawei launched its annual flagship series, Huawei Mate 40 with advanced hardware and software technology including a powerful Kirin 9000 processor, EMUI 11 operating system, 90Hz screen refresh rate, and more.
The Huawei Mate 40 series comes in four variants:
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 40E
Among these models, Huawei Mate 40 standard variant is equipped with Kirin 9000E processor, 50MP triple rear camera, 13MP selfie camera, 4200mAh battery, and more.
On the other hand, last December, Huawei began the HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta testing program for limited devices including Mate 40 series smartphones, ahead of the official unveiling.
On June 2, Huawei has officially presented the HarmonyOS 2.0 for smartphones among the consumers. Simultaneously, the company started rolling out the first HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for 18 devices.
The list of 18 devices also contains the models from Huawei Mate 40 lineup. Since then, these smartphones continuously receiving new features and improvements via OTA upgrades.
Under the public beta testing program, Huawei will send several HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta updates. In this article, you can capture all of the Huawei Mate 40 series beta update rollouts in China.
HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing is currently limited to Chinese users and may not be available for global users at the moment.
ROLLOUT TIMELINE FOR HUAWEI MATE 40 SERIES:
April 23, 2022:
- Huawei April 2022 software update reached to flagship – Huawei Mate 40 smartphone powered by HarmonyOS 2.0. Read more
March 23, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40E is receiving March 2022 security update. Read more
March 22, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 series is getting HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 [CN]. Read more
March 04, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206SP12 beta changelog. Read more
March 01, 2022:
- February 2022 HM OS update rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 series. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40E getting February 2022 HarmonyOS security update. Read more
February 15, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 40 Series getting January 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40E smartphone began collecting January 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
December 1, 2021:
- December 2021 update released for Huawei Mate 40 series(CN) read more.
- Huawei Mate 40E install December 2021 HarmonyOS security update read more.
November 18, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40E grabs November 2021 security update read more.
November 8, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G gets 220.127.116.11 update with November patch and features read more.
November 5, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 is receiving November 2021 HarmonyOS security update read more.
October 17, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 for Huawei Mate 40 series rolling out read more.
September 6, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 models getting HarmonyOS multi-window bug fix update read more.
August 18, 2021:
- New HarmonyOS 2 features rolling out for Huawei Mate 40E and Mate X2 read more.
August 12, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 series will get new HarmonyOS version optimizations with improvements read more.
August 7, 2021:
- Celia optimizations rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 series (HarmonyOS 2) read more.
July 28, 2021:
- Battery improvement patch released for Huawei Mate 40 series HarmonyOS 2 read more.
July 23, 2021:
- All Huawei Mate 40 series (CN) users can now upgrade over HarmonyOS 2 read more.
July 12, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2.0 system patch
Huawei has begun to roll out a new HarmonyOS 2.0 software patch for Huawei Mate 40 series smartphones that brings important optimization for Celia AI voice assistant.
July 5, 2021:
- Third HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Mate 40 series -HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124
June 22, 2021:
- Second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update for Huawei Mate 40E – HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199
This update brings optimizations for WiFi connectivity, new fixes for the Contact app, lock screen wallpaper issue, and system improvements for a better user experience.
June 19, 2021:
- Second HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update – HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52
This update brings optimizations for sound, display, internet stability, contact app, system, and more to enhance the overall system performance.
June 3, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta update- HarmonyOS 2.0 version 184.108.40.206
The first HarmonyOS update for Mate 40 devices installs features consisting of a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, better security, and more to provide a next-level user experience.
September 2021 update rolling out for these 7 Huawei devices
We’re now in October and Huawei is preparing to unveil a number of new smart products this month. However, the software rollout continues as usual. In the latest episode, the Chinese tech maker is seeding the September 2021 security update for 7 Huawei devices that are running its latest operating system.
According to the information, Huawei is rolling out September 2021 security update for 7 Huawei devices including – Enjoy 20 Plus 5G, Maimang 8, Enjoy 9S, Enjoy Z 5G, Enjoy 20 Pro, and Maimang 9 5G, and the Huawei P40 5G.
To be mentioned, these 8 devices run HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. Some of the models are still under beta testing and a few of them just participated in the closed testing environment.
Let’s check the rollout details and changelog below.
September 2021 Update Eligible Models:
- Enjoy 20 Plus 5G – (FRL-AN00a/TN00)
- Maimang 8 – (POT-AL00)
- Enjoy 9S – (POT-Tl00a)
- Enjoy Z 5G – (DVC-AN00)
- Enjoy 20 Pro 5G – (DVC-AN20/TN20)
- Maimang 9 5G – (TNN-AN00)
- P40 5G – (ANA-AN00/TN00)
Time dive into Changes:
Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G, Enjoy 20 Pro, Enjoy Z 5G, and Maimang 9 5G receiving HarmonyOS 2.0 version 220.127.116.11. This software build brings a new size adjustment feature for home screen icons and users can access it via Settings, Home screen and wallpaper, Home screen settings, and then open icon size option to access.
This update also brings a new security patch released in the month of September 2021 for an improved system and ensures that your phone runs safe and secure.
On the other hand, Huawei Maimang 8 and Enjoy 9S getting new software with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 18.104.22.168. This update brings important improvements for the system stability to improve the overall user experience and performance.
Among these, Huawei is also sending a new software version – 22.214.171.124 for the HarmonyOS powered P40 5G devices. The rollout is conducted under the beta mode and brings a number of new features. The changelog shows to include a new task center feature, a cross-device task management function.
In the task center (swipe from the bottom of the screen for a short pause to enter), you can view and use the historical tasks of the same WiFi network and Huawei ID device (requires support for the task center).
This update also adds a new Celia Keyboard app, as well as optimizes the touch as well volume adjustment feature in the accessibility section. Furthermore, this update optimizes the system stability for power consumption in some situations, which could save an extra amount of battery for the device users.