Huawei Mate 40E has high quantity Chinese components than U.S. made parts
Despite the four rounds of US Sanctions, Huawei is relatively evolving its products and promoting the company’s business. A recent report reveals, Huawei Mate 40E has more Chinese components than U.S.-made parts, which shows company potential even in severe situations.
According to the info of Nihon Keizai Shimbun, the Fomalhaut Techno Solutions disassembles the recently released Huawei Mate 40E to observed its internal components. The smartphone is found with more Chinese parts owing about 60% of the total cost of the model.
Furthermore, the Huawei Mate 40E’s models cost about 2373 Yuan (USD 367), which is nearly the same as the older models. But when it comes to the component ratio, China provides about 56.6% components in the whole device. In the previous Huawei Mate 30, the China-made modules barely account for 30%.
The report throws light on some points which explicates the reasons for this fact. Let’s look at them in brief-
- Screen: The Huawei Made 40E embraces the BOE screen and shifted from Samsung‘s OLED panel. It saves the company about 95US dollars, reducing the manufacturing value of the model.
- Processor: The company still relies on Kirin 990E SoC, which is a self-developed product of HiSilicon. Certainly, a processor is one of the main components in a smartphone on which a company needs to spent most.
- Supplementary Modules: Small components such as communication switches, power management chips, fingerprint sensors, and batteries, all are made in China. It plays an important role in smartphone composition.
We can say, Huawei knows the value of self-empowerment after what the US has done with the company has disturbed its supply chain. However, it still depends on many US-made components besides other countries.
Moving ahead, the US-made parts are rose to 5.2%, which is higher than 2.6% in the previous model. Furthermore, Japan accounts for 15.9% contribution in Mate 40E second after China. Yet, the company is using Samsung memory chips than Kioxia. The American and Japanese companies that make money from Huawei for Mate series includes the following-
- Chipsets: Qualcomm’s digital signal processors and Kovo (QRVO) 4G chips
- Electric Sensors: Murata Manufacturing, TDK, Taiyo Yuden, and Asahi Kasei manufactures the signal processing sensors
- complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) is provided by Sony
About Huawei Mate 40E:
- Display size: 6.5-inch OLED display
- Processor: Kirin 990E
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128GB and 256 GB
- Rear Camera: 64MP Triple rear camera
- Front Camera: 13MP Ultra Vision Lens
- Battery: 4200 mAh Capacity
- Network Connectivity: 4G, BT 5.2, WiFi 6+
- Colors: Black, White, and Mystic Silver