Huawei Mate 40, Mate 40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro+, Mate 40 RS, and Mate 40E devices are now receiving May 2022 HarmoyOS security upgrade. The update improves the various aspects of the smartphone. The Huawei Mate 40 series May 2022 HarmonyOS security patch comes with build 2.0 version 188.8.131.52 upgrading from HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 and 236.
Huawei Mate 40 series was one of the first to get a HarmonyOS OTA update. Adding to this, the Mate 40E smartphone launched with pre-installed HarmonyOS software. On the other side, the global variant of Mate 40 Pro equips EMUI 12 software update.
Moreover, the Huawei Mate 40 series will also be eligible to get HarmonyOS 3.0, when it comes out somewhere in July this year. Although, Huawei has not confirmed the beta device list but Mate 40 lineup is surely in for this quest.
Below you can check all of the adapted Huawei Mate 40 series models for May 2022 HarmonyOS upgrade.
- Mate 40 (OCE-AN10)
- Mate 40 Pro (NOH-AN00)
- Mate 40 Pro (NOH-AN01)
- Mate 40 Pro (NOH-AL00/NOH-AL10)
- Mate 40 Pro+ (NOP-AN00)
- Mate 40 RS Porsche Design (NOP-AN00)
- Mate 40E (OCE-AN50)
- Mate 40E 4G (OCE-AL50)
To update your Huawei Mate 40 series smartphone, open Settings > tap on System & updates > then tap on Software updates, follow the instructions to get the latest software update loaded on your Huawei device.
May 2022 global:
To be mentioned, Huawei has also started pushing EMUI 12 powered May 2022 security update for Huawei Mate 40 Pro global consumers. The update adds new security improvements for his overseas model.
- Please ensure that the mobile phone does not have ROOT. After you receive the push, you can upgrade to version 220.127.116.11 online.
- The version is pushed in batches. In order to meet the needs for the quick upgrade of enthusiastic pollen, we have opened the upgrade application method of “My Huawei”/”Member Center” APP, which supports the upgrade of version 18.104.22.168 to version 22.214.171.124. You can download the version to upgrade through “My Huawei” APP (or “Member Center” APP ) > “Upgrade Early adopters” > “Official version early adopters” > “Try it now”. (For details of the operation steps and common problems, please refer to: https://club.huawei.com/thread-27934358-1-1.html).
- This version upgrade will not clear user data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to the PC or the cloud before upgrading (please do not back up to the internal storage space of the phone), and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- After the upgrade, the system performs self-optimization and adaptation, which may cause the phone to sometimes experience heat, fast power consumption, freeze, or slow charging. It will return to normal after 2-3 days of normal use. It is recommended to charge the mobile phone for more than 2 hours after the upgrade is completed (preferably, it can be charged for one night with the screen off), and then restart the mobile phone to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- The system will restart after the update is completed, please wait patiently for about 5 minutes.
Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 official version to launch by late July
We are eager to know what HarmonyOS 3.0 has to offer for the consumers and what Huawei will feed into this upcoming operating system version but it seems like the official version will set us free by late July.
According to the information coming from well known Weibo tipster, Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 official version is likely to release by late July. However, the tipster didn’t confirm an exact date or process that Huawei will follow after the release.
As for now, the Chinese tech maker is conducting HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta testing for public users. Although, the slots of pretty low and it’s opened for a few models, we’re likely to see a wide testing in the coming month and more devices will join the testing campaign, right after the release of this software.
Under the development, Huawei working to improve the efficiency and the performance of this software that will allow consumers to take advantage of the latest features and execute app tasks easily.
Previously a report revealed that HarmonyOS 3.0 has made some changes in the taskbar by moving the position of some icons from one place to another.
HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta has new enhancements for internal accessibility JS/eTS language application development capabilities. You can use JS/eTS language to efficiently develop complex interface applications, and at the same time obtain the improvement of application startup speed.
The developer version is also focusing on two of the most important HarmonyOS frameworks – ArkUI and ArkCompiler. These two are crucial in HarmonyOS 3.0 performance and speed.
HarmonyOS 3.0 was initially announced at Huawei Developer Conference 2021, at that Huawei didn’t reveal any changes that have been made to the user interface. However, the firm noted clearly that it is working on improving the performance of this software. Hence, we’d surely like to know how much HarmonyOS 3.0 has been improved as compared to HarmonyOS 2.0 when it launches.
(Source – Weibo)
Well known companies to launch non-Huawei HarmonyOS phones
According to the latest information, non-Huawei HarmonyOS operating system phones are currently in planning in the launch pipeline. That’s not it, well know companies and device manufacturers are planning to launch new HarmonyOS devices.
Huawei is preparing to launch the Nova 10 and Mate 50 series devices in the coming months and there are a bunch of other devices that will be based on the HarmonyOS operating system. Huawei is continuously promoting HarmonyOS on its devices and working to improve the user experience.
The Chinese tech maker is working to launch HarmonyOS 3.0 version for the consumers and already started testing the beta version for many of the devices.
However, the industry can utilize the open-source OpenHarmony 3.0 project to make it the base of their software.
Earlier this month, OpenHarmony 3.2 Beta 1 launched with new features for the developers. That has better capabilities as well as enhanced compatibility for more devices.
Huawei is working with industry leaders to get HarmonyOS installed in many devices and the company now looking for major partners and smartphone makers to adopt the operating system under their software skins.
If we look at the achievement of this operating system, so far, Huawei has installed the HarmonyOS operating system in over 300 million devices. Of which, 200 million only come under the belt of Huawei and 100 million devices were made by other device manufacturers from different companies such as IoT, smart home compliances, and other consumer-based products.
Unveiled in 2019, HarmonyOS is a multi-kernel operating system, the company first introduced this software for smart TVs. At HDC 2022, Huawei massively opened this software for major consumer-based platforms including smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, in-car systems, IoT devices, and the least possible RAM or memory devices with up to 128kb of processing power.
Currently, Huawei has not confirmed the news of adopting HarmonyOS on non-Huawei phones but we’ll keep you posted with further updates.
Huawei Enjoy 10.1 Tablet 126.96.36.199 update improves audio playback and display interface
Huawei has finally turned its face to the cost-effective Enjoy 10.1-inch tablet and has pushed off a new HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 update. The update packs a bundle of improvements in its bag for the display as well as the audio functions of the device.
According to the latest information, the new update optimizes the display element for some of the interface contents in the system. Further, it improves the functionality of the audio playback concerning the Bluetooth headsets.
Thus, users would be able to experience better graphics and sound experience while using the respective device. Apart from the display and audio operations, the update fixes the anti-mistouch gestures experience in the gaming scenarios. As a result, gaming lovers can operate the device accordingly.
However, users may not like the concept of the security patch. Unfortunately, the update is running on the February 2022 security patch. Although, users were eagerly waiting for the latest patch released in June 2022.
Adapting Update Models:
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet 10.1 inches AGS2-AL00
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet 10.1 inches AGS2-W09
The latest firmware update for the Huawei Enjoy 10.1-inch tablet carries the 184.108.40.206 build version. Consequently, users must have the baseline version 220.127.116.11 for installing the new update.
For upgrading your device to the latest software, visit the Settings application on the tablet’s menu. Further, select the System & Updates followed by the Software Updates. Next, tap on the Check for Updates, and wait for the device to check the server.
Thereafter, follow the on-screen instructions, and install the update. Keep in mind to use a stable Wi-Fi connection for conducting the installation process.
- Optimizes the display of some interface contents
- Optimized the anti-mistouch operation experience of the game scenes
- Optimizes the audio playback experience of Bluetooth headsets
- Incorporates the February 2022 security patch to enhance system security