Huawei sending a new software update for the Enjoy 20 SE that comes with EMUI operating system version 10.1.1.172. The update improves the security aspect of the Enjoy 20 SE smartphone.
According to the changelog, Huawei Enjoy 20 SE update comes with April 2022 EMUI 10.1 security patch. The update doesn’t include other changes than the security patch. Model details:
- Huawei Enjoy 20 SE (PPA-AL20) is upgrading EMUI 10.1.1.172 from EMUI 10.1.1.169
Huawei Enjoy 20 SE April 2022 update has various fixes for the system to bring new security patches on board. To update your Huawei Enjoy 20 SE with the latest software update, visit Settings > then tap on the System & updates and follow the screened instructions to download and install the latest software update.
- Please make sure that the phone is not rooted. After you receive the push, you can upgrade to version 10.1.1.172 online.
- The version will be pushed in batches. Users who have not received it yet, please wait patiently.
- This version upgrade will not clear user data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to a PC or the cloud (please do not back up to the phone’s internal storage space) before upgrading, and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- After the upgrade, the system performs self-optimization and adaptation, which may cause the phone to sometimes experience heat, fast power consumption, freeze or slow charging. It will return to normal after 2-3 days of normal use. It is recommended to charge the mobile phone for more than 2 hours after the upgrade is completed (it is best to charge the phone with the screen off for one night), and then restart the mobile phone to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- The system will restart after the update is completed, please wait patiently for about five minutes.
Yep! Huawei MatePad 11 users get HarmonyOS 3 beta 3 with September 2022 patch
Huawei recently released the HarmonyOS 3 beta 3 update for the Huawei MatePad 11 with a September 2022 security patch. The ability to protect any beta version with a monthly security patch guard is truly a wonderful step from Huawei.
Notably, the new version of HarmonyOS 3 for the Huawei MatePad 11 is updated over the current HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206/118 built version.
- HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11
- Huawei MatePad 11 WiFi version (DBY-W09) users are compatible grab this new HarmonyOS 3 beta version.
HarmonyOS 3 beta 3 for MatePad 11 detailed changelog:
It optimizes the Smart multi-window feature experience: How this feature works
- This feature enables you to carry out unique gestures that improve device performance. Its ability to swipe and drag, access to floating windows, rapid reduction and maximization choices, and more.
Optimize the application task card cleaning function
- It helps to clean the function when your device is overloaded and subsequently starts to lag. However, if your device running memory storage space is insufficient, the app may freeze while being used by Huawei MatePad 11.
Optimize the system stability of some scenario
- The system layer security upkeep promises that the operating system functions properly and supports stable services on your tablet.
Incorporate the September 2022 security patch to enhance system security
- Well, the September 2022 security patch update for the devices brings a number of bugs and vulnerability fixes, to let the users give a better performance.
Huawei MatePad 11 users should note that the update will not erase your data, but it’s recommended to take a backup of all the essentials. Alongside this, due to their third-party status, some apps may not operate as intended following the upgrade. Do not panic, simply update those programs to the most recent version.
New Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro update adds Running Ability Index support
Huawei has sat down on its ‘update distribution’ chair and has turned its face towards wearable devices. Currently, the company has started rolling out a new firmware for the Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro that brings Running Ability Index support for your indoor running activities.
What is this new feature? Consequently, the Running Ability Index (RAI) is a comprehensive function that reflects the endurance and efficiency of a runner. It is an estimation of your maximal oxygen uptake in running activities.
Eventually, now you would be able to track your aim and watch how effective is your training. Besides, you will also get help in improving your maximal aerobic running performance. And let me tell you, a runner with a higher RAI performs much better in competition than usual runners.
Hence, if you are an athlete, or keen interested in running workouts, then the Running Ability Index in your Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro is the right option for you.
The information reveals that the update is making its way to users with HarmonyOS 18.104.22.1683 version. Alongside, it gains a package size of 21.05MB. Thus, users need to make a little space in their smartwatch to fit this new firmware suitably.
Apart from the Running Ability Index, the update also carries certain optimizes that enhance the overall user experience. You can inspect the changelog in a better way, below.
- New Software Version: 22.214.171.1243
- Update Size: 21.05MB
- Adds Running Ability Index Support for Indoor Running
- Improves system stability in some scenarios
- Optimizes the overall user experience
So, give your mini handy gadget a fresh and stable system with the latest arrived update. For installation, you can take the help of the Huawei Health App. Just open the application and tap on the Devices option. Select your respective watch name and follow the on-screen prompts.
But make sure, that your watch and smartphone are in adequate Bluetooth range. Further, do not forget to charge your GT 3 Pro up to 35 percent of the battery level.
HarmonyOS 3 Large Folders Sizes: 3×1, 1×3, 3×6, 3×3
Large Folders is an innovation that your phone actually needs and HarmonyOS is the first mobile OS to bring it. However, HarmonyOS 3 further improves this feature with brand new customizations and took it two steps ahead.
You see, HarmonyOS 2 allowed you to create large folders but HarmonyOS 3 lets you play with different sizes. How many sizes you can choose from?
Note: Large Folders sizes depend on the app count. Hence, you will require enough app icons to support row and column extensions.
Large Folders sizes:
First comes the default one, it has 3 rows and 3 column layout. Once maximized, the screen enables these sizes automatically for your use cases. Afterward, you can tap and hold the folder’s edges to extend its size into the following forms.
3 rows × 1 column
1 row × 3 column
3 rows × 6 column
HarmonyOS 2 large folders have been the most useful creation by far but with HarmonyOS 3 it has become more creative and intuitive with various sizes.
How to create a large folder:
Large folders allow you to organize your home screen apps inside a traditional app group with a variety of new functionalities.
All you need to do is to tap and hold any folder and select ‘Enlarge’ to change the size of that folder. You can touch any app within a large folder to open the app directly from the home screen, without having to enter the folder first.
To view more apps within a large folder, touch the stacked icon in the lower right corner of the folder.
HarmonyOS 3 has various features but this one has its own reputation. Even if companies such as Realme and other Chinese phone makers are copying the large folders, they cannot do it better than Huawei.