Users of the Huawei Mate 40 Pro in Europe are spotted. Also, the download package size is 6.13GB. This OTA update size may vary in different countries.
Meanwhile, you can identify the first test EMUI 13 beta rollout for the Huawei Mate 40 Pro with build version 22.214.171.124. But this will change during testing with the upcoming beta releases.
You should know that this update is part of the EMUI 13 test program, which may contain some bugs and glitches. Also, you should update all of the system apps via AppGallery before installing the new software update.
EMUI 13 beta changelog:
EMUI 13 introduces a host of new features and improvements to enhance your user experience. For instance, it allows you to swipe up on app icons to open service widgets, and customize your home screen by stacking widgets or grouping them.
Brand new interactions
[Handy service widgets]
- Swiping up on an app icon with the bottom widget bar generates a service widget, which can be resized, dragged to a new location, or added to your custom home screen.
- Widget stacks: Drag widgets of the same size on top of each other to create a stack. Swipe up or down to cycle between widgets. Swipe down further to expand the stack and swipe left on a widget to remove it. Hold and drag a widget to adjust its position in the stack, or drag it to the home screen.
- Widget combos: Drag widgets of different sizes and app shortcuts together to group them into a combo. You can adjust the combo size.
[Resizable smart folders]
- Touch and hold down on a folder to adjust its size based on the number of apps within it, so that it can fit into any available home screen space.
- Adds the SuperHub feature, which allows you to share multiple forms of content between apps and devices at a single time, by dragging text, images, and files to SuperHub.
Privacy and security
- Allows you to keep track of which permissions are being used by which apps from the new privacy dashboard, and provides useful tips for protecting your privacy.
- Easily check the security status of this device and other devices logged in to the same HUAWEI ID, and get suggestions on how to improve your device security.
- Allows you to connect to nearby hearing aids via Bluetooth with greater ease.
A big thanks to the tipster – Lovas Marcell for this fantastic tip.
Make sure to follow us on Google News, Twitter or connect with us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news. You can also join our Telegram channel for fast notifications about the latest articles.
If you have any tips/input, questions, or corrections to this article – share it on [email protected]