Global users are receiving the September 2021 security patch on the Huawei Mate 20 Lite smartphone. The update has only brought the bug fixes mentioned in the security bulletins released for September this year. Speaking of which, Huawei didn’t release any update after June 2021 security patch for this device in overseas markets.
Debuted in 2018, Huawei Mate 20 Lite comes pre-installed with EMUI 8 operating system. Later, the company sends two major updates for this base smartphone and it’s currently running on EMUI 10. Although, it didn’t receive the EMUI 11, still counts as an important device of the company. Thus, it timely gest new features, bug fixes, and system optimizations.
As reported by HuaweiBlog, the September 2021 security patch contains the EMUI 10.0.0.290 version for Huawei Mate 20 Lite users. However, the changelog doesn’t seem to contain much due to its smaller update size. There are no additional features or major modification come with the security note. You can check the details below:
- Update Version: EMUI 10.0.0.290 (C432E12R1P1)
- Update Size: 116 MB
- Changelog: This update integrates security patches released in September 2021 for improved system security.
(Image from HuaweiBlog)
How to Download:
Huawei Mate 20 Lite users can download the latest EMUI September 2021 security patch from the smartphone’s setting. Still, there are many things a user needs to consider before installing the update.
A battery level of more than 20% is required, so your device won’t be worn out during the procedure. At the same, users also need to ensure adequate storage in the system and stable network connection.
However, the update size is rather small, so you can also make the download with personal mobile data easily. Also remember, not to disturb the process or use the smartphone in between the installation. Below you can check the downloading steps-
- Open your smartphone and go to Settings
- Now tap on the System & updates
- Then open Software Update
- From here select Check for updates
- If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your phone
- Click on Download and install
- Wait for the process to complete, and Restart your device