Huawei Mate 20 series has its own features and it’s one of the most recognized flagship smartphones since its launch. However, Huawei continues to improve and upgrade its new features for the consumers including the latest EMUI 12.
EMUI 12 for Huawei Mate 20 series completely renews the user interface as compared to the existing EMUI 11 software. Therefore you will get a brand new user experience as you can expect with a new update, once you installed via the OTA method.
However, the EMUI 12 for Huawei Mate 20 lineup currently has limitations in terms of availability. Because the software is rolling out in batches and reaching out to your Mate 20 model gradually.
Before we jump on to the update section, we would like to remind you that keep on checking for the new firmware versions. As it may arrive anytime soon on your Huawei Mate 20 device via the following commands.
First, you need to visit Settings > from here tap on the System & updates > then tap on the Software updates. Here you can follow the CHECK FOR UPDATES and then DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL. These steps will check and download the latest firmware version for your Huawei Mate 20 series smartphone.
Alternatively, you can also visit the My Huawei app and select the update section. Afterward, you’ll be redirected to the updates section, similar to the above one.
Editor’s Pick – How to download and install EMUI 12 [Video]
Furthermore, it’s recommended to take a backup of your smartphone’s important files to prevent any unwanted deletion of data.
Huawei Mate 20 series EMUI 12 changelog:
Below you can check the complete changelog of EMUI 12 for the Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X 4G/5G, and Mate 20 RS Porsche Design.
- [Font] Supports more flexible font adjustment, allowing you to adjust the size and weight with a slider.
- [Neumorphic Design] Applies the concept of neumorphism to Ul elements by using simple color tones, shadows, and highlights to create a more realistic effect.
- [Smart Folders] Supports touching and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them for easier access to the apps within them.
- [Notification Panel and Control Panel] Allows you to swipe down from the top left side of the screen to access the Notification Panel to view notifications, and from the top right side to access the Control Panel to use shortcuts. Adds an audio control section to Control Panel, making it easier to switch between different audio devices and audio apps. Allows you to touch Huawei laptop and tablet icons in the Device+ section of the Control Panel to quickly enable Multi-Screen Collaboration.
Smart Life in All Scenarios
- [Collaborative Security] Adds a mobile phone-laptop collaborative authentication feature, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei laptop when your phone and laptop are connected via Multi-Screen Collaboration.
- [Cross-Device File Management] Supports accessing documents or images on your phone using a laptop without having to connect the two devices with a data cable.
- [MeeTime] Adds the MeeTime app, allowing you to make HD voice and video calls using a Wi-Fi or data network. Adds support for sharing the screen during video calls, allowing you to mark and share key information while video chatting.
- [Huawei Share] Improves the transmission speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.