On February 20, Huawei at the 2020 product and solution launch event in London, unveiled the AirEngine Wi-Fi 6 series products, including 10 new Wi-Fi 6 access point (AP) models.
“Powered by these new additions, enterprises will accelerate their digital transformation journey by building fully connected, all-wireless office and production campus networks with unprecedented levels of office, production, and service experience.” wrote Huawei.
Including in the solution, the AirEngine 8760 AP delivers an air-interface data rate of up to 10.75 Gbps, twice the industry average. This AP is the industry’s first to achieve an air-interface data rate of over 10 Gbps, setting a new benchmark for Wi-Fi 6 products.
At the event, Huawei launched three series of products: AirEngine 8700, AirEngine 6700, and AirEngine 5700, covering an extensive range of indoor and outdoor application scenarios.
According to Huawei, these series will significantly improve network experience in the following scenarios:
- High-density terminal access scenarios, such as office spaces, conference rooms, stadiums, terminal buildings, and stations.
- High-definition (HD) video application scenarios, such as Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality (VR/AR) teaching and 4K/8K video conferencing.
- Campus-wide mobile production scenarios, such as Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) robots.
- IoT and Wi-Fi convergence scenarios, such as shopping malls, supermarkets, and smart campuses.
- Outdoor public network service scenarios, such as plazas and streets.
Huawei launched the industry’s first commercial Wi-Fi 6 product in 2017. Since its debut, this product has been widely recognized and quickly deployed in various industries around the world. Huawei ranks first in both the global (except North America) and Chinese Wi-Fi 6 markets, according to the global Wi-Fi 6 indoor AP market share from 2018 Q3 to 2019 Q3 by Dell’Oro Group.