Huawei is pushing new features for the Huawei Watch 4 series in China running the HarmonyOS 4 operating system. This is an incremental software release for the Huawei Watch 4 and Watch 4 Pro smartwatches.
The update has build version 126.96.36.199 (SP11C00E191R1P193) and a large package size of 621 megabytes. This update adds several new features and improves the watch’s performance.
- Allows ride-hailing in the Petal Maps app via Celia.
- Adds the Arrhythmia analysis feature, and introduces the ECG and Pulse wave arrhythmia analysis apps.
- Adds the workout metronome feature.
- Allows for the import and export of routes.
- Adds the Power saving option for the Live view feature, which can be enabled by going to Settings > Watch face & home > Live view. When enabled, Live View will only display when there is an upcoming reminder, and you won’t be able to open it manually. This is to save battery.
Related users should know that the new features and improvements are available in standard battery mode. However, there are a few of them that could also comply with Ultra Long Battery mode. It simply means that those features may not work in the battery-saving mode.
These new HarmonyOS 4 features will enable Huawei Watch 4 and Watch 4 Pro users to achieve more than previous software.
Back in September, Huawei announced the HarmonyOS 4 beta program for the Huawei Watch 4 series. It’s the first smartwatch in the Huawei campaign to upgrade to this new software. The new HarmonyOS also brings live window features, new watch faces with extensive interactions, and more.
To be mentioned, Huawei Watch 4 users can download the new HarmonyOS version directly in the public beta activity. Thus, each of the watch owners can download this new software release without waiting for slot opening.