March is ON and the wait for the latest security patch details is now over. Huawei has just published the March 2022 security patch details for smartphone and tablet devices working with the HarmonyOS software system.
At present, the company is distributing the February 2022 HarmonyOS security update but the rollout of this patch will begin soon. Over the past 4 months, we are noticing that Huawei is more concerned about device security and rolling out security updates on time similar to Samsung and Google.
With March 2022 security patch, Huawei brings fixes for 2 high-level of CVEs in the framework, 8 CVE in the system, and 25 CVEs in the third-party libraries that were encountered in the latest HarmonyOS software system.
The major aim behind the installation of security updates is user data privacy and device security that resist hackers entering the smartphone or tablet. Along with this, the bug fixes help in enhancing the performance of Huawei devices.
So, without extending our discussion let’s move to March 2022 security patch details.
- High: CVE-2021-40048, CVE-2021-40064
- Critical: CVE-2021-40055
- High: CVE-2021-40011, CVE-2021-40047, CVE-2021-40050, CVE-2021-40063
- Medium: CVE-2021-40049, CVE-2021-40051, CVE-2021-40061
- High: CVE-2020-13112, CVE-2020-13113, CVE-2021-35068, CVE-2021-35069, CVE-2021-35074, CVE-2021-35075, CVE-2021-35077, CVE-2021-39619, CVE-2021-39626, CVE-2021-39631, CVE-2021-39633, CVE-2021-39634, CVE-2021-39663, CVE-2021-39666, CVE-2021-39669, CVE-2021-39674, CVE-2021-39676
- Medium: CVE-2021-0759, CVE-2021-0775, CVE-2021-0852, CVE-2021-1027, CVE-2021-1028, CVE-2021-1029, CVE-2021-30324, CVE-2021-30325
So, these are the security vulnerabilities that have been fixed with March 2022 security patch. Huawei dispatches monthly security maintenance patches for its devices. We recommend you grab it as soon as it arrives on your device.
Aside from waiting for the OTA update notification, you can check for the latest update manually through phone settings. Open the Settings, tap on system & updates followed by the software updates.
From here, tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES and let the phone connect to the server, and fetch the software update. If an update is found, download and install it.
Current discussion among Huawei consumers:
Other than all this, Huawei HarmonyOS users are waiting for HarmonyOS 3.0 and eager to what it will bring to them. At the moment, we don’t have insights related to HarmonyOS 3.0 features. But one is thing for sure that the user experience will be improved. It is expected that HarmonyOS 3.0 beta will start this month followed by the stable in July 2022.