After the successful adaptation process of HarmonyOS 3 beta for the second batch (round 2) devices, the company is now activating for dispatching procedure for the eligible devices including the Huawei P40 series users.
To your knowledge, approx 2000 users have successfully registered for this beta version, which means the update is released in batches and may take time to reach each registered user.
If you haven’t received it yet, then the company to soon send Huawei P40 series users an approval notification for the HarmonyOS 3 beta version. Below you can check the adaptation model and version number for your preference:
- Huawei P40 4G (ANA-AL00)
- Huawei P40 5G (ANA-AN00)
- Huawei P40 5G (ANA-TN00)
- Huawei P40 Pro (ELS-AN00)
- Huawei P40 Pro (ELS-TN00)
- Huawei P40 Pro+ (ELS-AN10)
- HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199/116
The new normal HarmonyOS 3 beta update brings a number of new features for your Huawei P40 series device to make it more compatible and refresh its working operation for the users
Notably, in performance and power consumption, it upgrades the superframe game engine according. As a result, it reduces energy consumption by intelligently scheduling CPU and memory resources.
Below you can check the detailed description of the HarmonyOS 3 beta changelog:
Service widgets, change freely:
- Stackable: You can drag cards of the same size to form a stacking state, you can slide up and down to view the widgets or pull down and then slide left to delete, or drag to adjust.
- Combinable: Cards of different sizes and application shortcuts can be sorted at will, and freely combined into a widget, the combined card supports resizing, or a combined template can be applied with one click.
- Smart folders: These can be large or small There are more sizes and styles, and you can also adjust the size by long-pressing the folder. No matter how many or few applications are used, you can always find a suitable way to store them and use them more efficiently.
- Home Screen space: Smart home screen layout and personality are so
- Simple: Pinch the home screen to intelligently layout the home screen, classify applications and widgets by color and function, and automatically generate a personalized home screen by one-click selection.
- Celia Suggestions, Extraordinary: Celia Suggestions continue to upgrade wisdom, and can dynamically recommend services or applications by sensing time, scene, location, and usage habits, bringing you a convenient experience that saves time and effort.
Smart life in all scenarios
- Super Device, more experience: Super Device is fully expanded to support more types of devices. Various devices can be flexibly combined, interconnected, and coordinated, and devices with different HUAWEI IDs can also be quickly interconnected so that the advantages of each device can be freely invoked.
- Broadcast control center, broadcast control is more convenient: Added support for connecting two pairs of Bluetooth headsets at the same time, one song, two people can enjoy, and listen to the beauty together. In addition, it brings a multi-device remote control function. Consequently, this can easily control the music playback of nearby speakers through the broadcast control center of the mobile phone (currently only some headphones and speakers).
Performance power consumption
- Super Frame Game Engine: It upgrades the superframe game engine according. As a result, it reduces energy consumption by intelligently scheduling CPU and memory resources.
Privacy & security:
- Privacy Center: Provide you with a general dashboard of all application permission behaviors, and proactively provide privacy protection suggestions for possible risks.
- Security Center: You can check the security status of the current device or other devices with the same HUAWEI ID at any time, proactively help you identify problems, and provide protection suggestions, making device security easier.
- Visual Aid: Added image description, text recognition, and other functions, which can inform the features and positions of people or objects recognized in the scene. Further, the text content recognizes in the reading environment and describes the people appearing in the camera lens through voice broadcast.
- Hearing Aid: Added vocal enhancement function to tune the sound by enhancing the clarity of human voices in the environment, calls, as well as media to make the sound heard more clearly. Supports quick connection with hearing aids, can quickly discover nearby hearing aids via Bluetooth, and Easy pairing and connection.
HarmonyOS 3 Features: Stack Widgets, Large Folders, Security, Performance and more
HarmonyOS 3 is an evolution that symbolizes features improvements and advancement over HarmonyOS 2. Huawei brought in a number of new additions that makes this software superior to competitors.
The HarmonyOS 3 release has long been awaited by Huawei device owners and it is a whole new user experience that enhances the power of Huawei smartphones and smart devices such as the Huawei Mate 50 series.
From the user interface to performance and stability, HarmonyOS 3 covers all sides at once. The more you explore, the more you will find. Therefore, it’s time that we dive into the new additions and know more about them.
HarmonyOS 3 Features:
- New Super Device
- Network sharing
- Seamless exercise
- Mobile apps sharing
- Network sharing
- Widget group
- Widget Stacking
- New Widgets
- More service widgets
- Auto home screen layout
- 3D avatar
- Music sharing
- AI voice
- Performance and Gaming
- Privacy and security
- App control center
- Image privacy
New Super Device:
Launched with HarmonyOS 2, Super Device allows you to connect and control several other platforms from one smartphone or device. This gives you so much power to make a one-click connect solution for all of your HarmonyOS devices.
With HarmonyOS 3, Super Device has further improved and it now supports more platforms to collaborate with various other IoT devices. This helps the user to inherit amazing functionalities such as screen sharing, live streaming, music streaming, and a bunch more smart collaborative features on the go.
Powerful software has useful connectivity resolutions, such as the new Network sharing. This HarmonyOS 3 feature let you share the phone’s cellular network with a tablet to answer calls or receive SMS directly on the large-screen device.
There’s no need to check the phone, everything will be available on the tablet, while it’s connected to the smartphone using network sharing. Also, it’s power efficient as compared to mobile hotspot internet sharing.
HarmonyOS 3 takes care of your movie and music listening experience. while watching a movie, the Huawei Vision TVs will automatically enable a 3D stereo field to immerse the viewing experience. Don’t want to disturb anyone? Don’t worry, Huawei will create the same experience in your ear once you connect your Huawei FreeBuds device.
Your Huawei smartwatch is ready to collaborate with a variety of IoT devices. For example, when you want to start exercising on the treadmill, drag the treadmill icon on the watch to start exercising. The data on the treadmill can also be synchronized with your smartwatch in real-time.
Want music? Yes, the earphones icon in the super device menu plays songs right away while running.
Mobile apps sharing with car screen:
Being a multi-kernel operating system HarmonyOS 3 owns a big power and allows you to share all of your mobile apps right into the in-car infotainment system. These include operations such as watching videos, playing games, video calling, recording videos, and interacting with the internet.
HarmonyOS 3 further optimizes connectivity with IoT devices and enables Super Device connection with thousands of smart home gadgets that are easy to navigate with a smartphone.
Just touch a refrigerator and you can control the temperature via phone or make tap it on an oven to check all of its recipes and bake it accordingly. There is a lot more than HarmonyOS 3 could do on the ground, so, let it slip into other HarmonyOS devices to feel the power of IoT connectivity.
Home screen management:
There are some massive upgrades made in the home screen management. HarmonyOS 3 features include new widget stacking and widget grouping features that help you to save home screen space and keep the screen nice and clean.
Large Folders also got a sweet upgrade with 4 different kinds of layout support to resize. Read more here.
Moreover, there are new widget types and service widgets to provide you with better interactive controls over the smartphone and tablet.
Talking about a clean home screen, we must not forget the new smart auto home screen layout feature will automatically organize the home screen based on the category or related use cases.
HarmonyOS 3 brings you a new 3D avatar generated by an AI face-pinching algorithm. These avatars could be used as profile pic on Huawei IDs.
The new HarmonyOS supports simultaneous music listening, as it allows you to share music in two different earphones simultaneously.
The company has improved AI voice and it allows you to conduct various operations with this new HarmonyOS version.
Performance and Efficiency:
HarmonyOS 3 has achieved improvements in app launch speed, responsiveness, and animations. On the other hand, the operating system will boast graphics and optimize battery life for long-term use cases.
Privacy and security:
Huawei wants to improve the security aspect, therefore, HarmonyOS 3 brings three different security and privacy solutions. These include Privacy Center, Security Center, and Application control center.
Each of them has its own set of features to control and manage the phone’s safety.
There’s one tiny addition that will extend data safety – called image information desensitization. Once enabled, the feature removes sensitive information such as location, time, and phone model. There’s also an image information erasure that will only share the information that you need to share with others.
Huawei Mate 50 series gets a new improvements and camera update
Huawei is rolling out new features and system improvements update for the Mate 50 series that include optimizations. It also installs a new security patch for the Chinese models of this flagship.
According to the information, Huawei Mate 50 series users can download this new firmware via HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52. Huawei Mate 50, Mate 50 Pro and Mate 50 RS Porsche Design are getting this upgrade in batches. Huawei Mate 50 series is also one of the first phones to get a slot in the HarmonyOS 3.1 wagon but we’re yet to confirm this roadmap.
Aside from these, the latest update for the Huawei Mate 50 series comes with system stability optimizations, network stability improvements, new improvements for the camera and performance, and last but not least, the January 2023 HarmonyOS security patch.
Meanwhile, there are no new updated in the global models of Mate 50 Pro but we’ll keep you posted with further information.
Below you can check the complete changelog of this rollout.
- Optimizes system performance and stability.
- Improves network stability in certain situations.
- Improves Camera stability and performance in specific scenarios.
- Integrates security patches released in January 2023 for improved system security.
Thanks to tipsters Thomas and Fabrizio for the input.
We suggest you to back up the data before upgrading to the latest software update and make sufficient space in your device to store OTA package.
Check Xiaomi Mi 6 ported with HarmonyOS [Video]
Open source HarmonyOS, OpenHarmony is making good progress in the Chinese smartphone market and its open source capability is allowing people to experiment on old non-Huawei and low specs devices, such as Xiaomi Mi 6.
An OpenHarmony developer uploaded a video on the Chinese video-sharing platform Bilibili and showed how he ported OpenHarmony onto a Mi 6 smartphone. Interestingly, the OpenHarmony boot up successfully.
The developer didn’t reveal much of the information but confirmed that the touch unit didn’t work up, while the home screen has been loaded successfully.
The developer also shared a guide to port OpenHarmony old devices.
To confirm that the ported device can be unlocked and flashed and it has a third-party recovery similar to TWRP to facilitate flashing. The OpenHarmony kernel is based on the standard Linux 5.10 kernel, and 4.19 is no longer supported. During the installation, the device needs to have the kernel source code of 5.10 or above, the developer needs to confirm that the device driver source code and firmware can be obtained, and related stuff.
In addition, to open-source HarmonyOS, Xiaomi Mi 6 phones have previously supported flashing into the Windows 11 ARM system.
Launched in 2017, Mi Phone 6 is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset, a 5.15-inch 1080p resolution, 4/6GB RAM + 64/128GB storage. It has a built-in 3350mAh battery, It supports 18W fast charging.
On the other hand, the rear dual camera has a 12-megapixel telephoto lens and a 12-megapixel wide-angle lens that supports 2x optical zoom and four-axis anti-shake. On the front end, you get an 8-megapixel camera. Additionally, Mi 6 is waterproof, has multi-function NFC, supports WeChat and Alipay fingerprint payment, and uses 2×2 dual-way WiFi for network, supports dual card dual standby.
HarmonyOS ported Xiaomi MI6 pic.twitter.com/FowoY7Qbjo
— Deng Li (@MrDengLi) February 1, 2023