We’re in May 2023 and Huawei is sending new EMUI updates for smartphones. Alongside, the phone maker has also released the May 2023 EMUI security patch details and eligible Huawei smartphones for monthly and quarterly rollouts.
So far, Huawei has delivered April and May 2023 security patches for several smartphones and the list of updates keeps on expanding. There are more rollouts to come as we approach the end of this month.
Meanwhile, we’re still seeking answers on the release of EMUI 13.1 and its future. But it would be better if it actually rollout for past smartphone releases, especially flagship devices.
On the flip side, Huawei is testing EMUI 13 beta on smartphones in the South East Asian market. And the beta activity is still not open for more users. But Huawei has already announced EMUI 13 rollout plan and it only has a handful of models. But we remain optimistic about an update in the device list.
Meanwhile, you can catch all of the Huawei EMUI updates in the May 2023 archive below.
May 31, 2023: Huawei Mate 50 Pro is getting May 2023 security patch with EMUI version 18.104.22.168 and it has 416 megabytes of package size.
May 30, 2023:
- EMUI 22.214.171.124 version is out for Huawei Nova 9 SE and it’s appeared to fix security issues with latest patches released by Huawei.
May 29, 2023:
- May 2023 EMUI security patch is rolling out for Huawei Nova Y70 smartphone in the global market and EMUI version 126.96.36.199.
May 27, 2023:
- May 2023 update for Huawei Watch GT 3 smartwatch expanding for more users and it comes with system stability improvements.
May 26, 2023:
- May 2023 EMUI security patch is rolling out for Huawei Nova Y90 and it comes with EMUI version 188.8.131.52 and 333 MB of package size.
May 24, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is receiving May 2023 EMUI security patch with build version 184.108.40.2065. The update package size is 286MB.
May 21, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y61 is receiving May 2023 EMUI security patch with build version 220.127.116.11 and the update package size is 249 megabytes.
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro 2 is getting a brand new BlueTooth improvement upgrade with HarmonyOS 3 version 18.104.22.168 with a small 4-megabyte package.
May 20, 2023:
- The new global flagship, Huawei P60 Pro is installing the first software update. It comes with new improvements in the camera, system, charging, stability, and other features. This update has EMUI version 22.214.171.124 and 1GB package size.
May 18, 2023:
- The first May 2023 EMUI security patch is released for Huawei Mate 40 Pro. This rollout is identified with build version 126.96.36.199. For your information, this phone is also a part of the EMUI 13 rollout plan.
- Huawei Watch GT 3 is receiving system optimizations over HarmonyOS 3 to provide better performance.
May 16, 2023:
- Huawei is sending new upgrades for Watch 3 Pro, P40 Pro, and P40 lite. These rollouts are expanding in Europe and have already been released for some users. Meanwhile, the software versions are 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.2060, and 220.127.116.111 for all three devices respectively.
May 15, 2023:
- Huawei is sending April 2023 security for P50 Pro global models. This build comes with version 18.104.22.1686 and a package size of 365MB. Notably, Huawei has confirmed that Huawei P50 Pro will get a stable EMUI 13 rollout starting in June this year.
May 13, 2023:
- The fresh software is released for Huawei P40 Lite and it comes with EMUI build 22.214.171.1241.
May 12, 2023:
- Huawei has started to rollout May 2023 software update for the Huawei Watch 3 series. This update has April security patches and there aren’t any additional details revealed by the changelog. The HarmonyOS firmware version is 126.96.36.199.
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is getting an expansion of the April 2023 security patch with EMUI 12 version 188.8.131.520.
- Huawei has released a new software update for P40 Pro and it comes with EMUI version 184.108.40.2060 as well.
May 6, 2023:
- Huawei is improving Nova 9 SE’s software security with April 2023 patches and it comes with EMUI version 220.127.116.11. You will have to download an OTA package size of 337 megabytes.
May 5, 2023:
- Huawei P60 Pro and Mate X3 smartphones will launch on May 9th in the global market. However, the company is loading them with commercial software support. This firmware comes with EMUI 13.1 versions 18.104.22.168 for P60 Pro and 22.214.171.124 respectively.
May 1, 2023:
- Huawei is releasing an April 2023 update for the Nova Y90 smartphone with EMUI version 126.96.36.199 and a package size of 346 megabytes.
- Huawei Nova 9 is achieving a brand new package version of 188.8.131.525 and it comes with April 2023 EMUI security patch.
- Huawei Watch Ultimate is getting a new build version 184.108.40.206 and 113 MB of package size. It brings the ability to change gas to technical dives. The update improves the accuracy of CNS data for technical dives and improves system stability.