Huawei EMUI August 2021 Updates List
Huawei is currently rolling out the new HarmonyOS 2.0 software for its eligible devices and continuously expanding the new software versions in China.
However, the global users are still running EMUI and waiting for the HM OS 2 as well as its new features to arrive. Meanwhile, the company has not yet revealed any plan for users outside China.
If not HarmonyOS, these global variant holders are at least getting their share of regular EMUI based software updates.
Huawei has a long list of devices to patch with the latest updates, which include flagships, mid-range, and budget phones, tablets, and wearables.
Apart from major rollouts, the regular software update or the security patches also have their own importance. These updates protect the devices from any kind of external threats and enhance the overall system performance or adding new features.
We welcome you to our EMUI August 2021 updates list section. Here, we will keep full track of all the security and feature-packed updates rolling out for Huawei devices in August 2021 and brief you in short summaries.
Note: This list of devices will be regularly updated
Huawei EMUI August 2021 updates:
August 31, 2021:
- Huawei rolling out the July 2021 update for a bunch of devices including Enjoy 20 SE, Enjoy 10, Enjoy 10S, and Honor Play 3e.
- Huawei Mate Xs June 2021 security update is now expanding to more users worldwide. This patch has already begun releasing in for EMUI users globally.
- August 2021 update for Huawei Watch GT is now expanding for more global users.
August 30, 2021:
- Huawei FreeBuds receiving an August 2021 update to enhance their audio experience and this update also bring stability improvements.
- The global Huawei P40 series users are now getting access to July 2021 security updates. This patch strengthens the security system of the devices. It does not include any major changes.
- Huawei FreeBuds 4 grabbing August 2021 update with improvements in connection stability.
August 29, 2021:
- More Huawei Mate 30 Pro users are now getting access to the July 2021 security update in the global regions. This software update installs the latest security patch to the devices fixing a number of privacy and security-related issues.
- Huawei sending May 2021 security update for some Huawei P Smart 2019 users running EMUI 10. While others are getting June 2021 updates.
- Huawei MatePad T10s tablet receives June 2021 security patch along with new applications. It also includes shortcuts for downloading the apps such as Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, and Link Now.
August 28, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T July 2021 security update for EMUI based users is now expanding to more devices in the global market.
August 27, 2021:
- Huawei rolling out a new software update for Honor 20S and Play 9A. This update brings July 2021 security patch for improved system security.
August 26, 2021:
- Huawei’s one of the oldest flagship phones, Huawei Mate 9 is grabbing new updates almost after more than a half year. It includes new applications along with bug fixes for the system to enhance the user experience and brings stability to the device.
- Huawei Enjoy 20 5G and Enjoy 10e have begun collecting July 2021 security update. It improves the overall device’s security system and brings smoothness in the performance.
August 25, 2021:
- The global Huawei Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro devices are getting new software updates bringing July 2021 security patch. The update comes with EMUI 11 version 188.8.131.52 and brings new security improvements.
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablets have begun receiving new system stability optimizations globally. These tablets are running on EMUI 11 version and the latest firmware bears version 184.108.40.206.
August 23, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T in the global market is getting July 2021 security update. These devices are running on the latest EMUI 11 and receiving regular security patches.
August 22, 2021:
- July 2021 security patch reaches Huawei Nova 7i running EMUI 10.1, improving the overall system security of the device.
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphones users have begun receiving an important patch that fixes audio effects and optimizes some system settings. In addition, this update also includes June 2021 security patch.
August 20, 2021:
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet 2 running EMUI 10.1 receiving new system stability optimizations for enhanced user experience.
- Huawei P Smart 9 and P Smart Plus 2019 getting June 2021 security improvements with a new update fixing several exploits and issues for enhanced user experience.
August 19, 2021:
- A new software update released for Huawei Mate 10 Pro and P10 brings May 2021 security updates and a bunch of new applications to optimize the user experience.
August 17, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 20 series users operating on EMUI 11 in China are receiving system stability optimizations with a new software update.
- Huawei releases a new software update for Huawei P9 and P9 Plus devices running EMUI software. It installs various new applications and integrates January 2021 security patch.
August 16, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 6 SE latest software update installs July 2021 security patches. For your information, this rollout is conducted for devices with EMUI 10.1 software system.
- Huawei P40 Lite and P40 Lite 5G getting new firmware that installs June 2021 security patch. However, users of these two devices are awaiting for any major software update.
August 14, 2021:
- Huawei Mate X with EMUI 11 receiving a new software update with EMUI 220.127.116.11 and installs June 2021 security update.
- Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro getting August 2021 feature update on the global market.
August 12, 2021:
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro on EMUI 11 receiving June 2021 security update. On the other hand, these devices are waiting for a HarmonyOS update or possibly EMUI 12.
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro with EMUI 11 getting a new software update that installs security patches released in May 2021. However, its counterpart is enjoying the HarmonyOS software update.
- Huawei is rolling out a new software update for Huawei Maimang 8 device with EMUI 10.
August 12, 2021:
- Huawei P50 Pro receiving its first software update that installs important improvements for the camera and gallery apps. This optimizes the overall photography quality of the device.
August 11, 2021:
- Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro receiving August 2021 firmware update that adds support for custom video watch face, audio control panel, IoT device control panel, flip wrist mute mode, AI life app, synchronization of mobile phone with local music, variety of present dials in the ultra-long battery life mode. There are also some important optimizations that have been made to the device. Read more about this major update here.
August 09, 2021:
- The latest Huawei P30 Lite New Edition software update is rolling out and it brings the June 2021 security patch for improved system security.
- The Huawei Enjoy 20 SE June 2021 security update has arrived. This software package includes performance enhancements and brings stability to the devices. No new features or changes have been spotted in this firmware.
- A new software update is rolling out for the flagship devices including Huawei P40, Mate 40 Pro, and Mate 30 Pro (initially in Europe). It brings June 2021 security patch for improved system security.
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 users on EMUI 10 have received a new software update with some newly added applications including Petal Search, Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, and Member Center. Furthermore, it also integrates June 2021 security patch.
- Huawei Enjoy 10e getting software improvements with a new software update that installs along with system stability improvements.
August 07, 2021:
- Honor Play 3 and Play 3e on EMUI 9.1 getting June 2021 security patch with the latest software update. The firmware just brings security improvements other than adding any new functionalities.
August 05, 2021:
- Huawei’s June 2021 security patch reaches MatePad T8 running EMUI 10.1. It just brings some security enhancements, besides adding any new functionalities.
August 04, 2021:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 now receives the June 2021 security improvements in the global market.
August 03, 2021:
- Huawei Y6P getting a new EMUI based software update that brings June 2021 security patch.
- A new software update rolling out for Huawei P10 Lite newly added applications and optimizes the smart search function along with improving the overall system security.
August 02, 2021:
- June 2021 security update reaches Huawei Mate 20 Lite devices running EMUI 10 in the global market.
- Huawei expanding display and system update for Watch 3 series. This update was already released for the global users and now it is rolling out in China.
- Huawei P40 series (EMUI 11) in the global market have begun receiving the June 2021 security improvements with fixes for different levels of issues and exploits.
- The five-year-old, Huawei P9, and P9 Plus started getting a new software update. This firmware brings some newly added applications, optimizes the smart search function, and brings stability.
- Huawei P Smart Z users are receiving a new software update that brings May 2021 security patch along with some newly added applications.
August 01, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T receiving two security patches in on software update. These latest security improvements enhance system security and bring stability.
Note: We’ll update this article continuously.