However, the global users are still running EMUI and waiting for the HM OS 2 as well as its new features to arrive. Meanwhile, the company has not yet revealed any plan for users outside China.
If not HarmonyOS, these global variant holders are at least getting their share of regular EMUI based software updates.
Huawei has a long list of devices to patch with the latest updates, which include flagships, mid-range, and budget phones, tablets, and wearables.
Apart from major rollouts, the regular software update or the security patches also have their own importance. These updates protect the devices from any kind of external threats and enhance the overall system performance or adding new features.
We welcome you to our EMUI August 2021 updates list section. Here, we will keep full track of all the security and feature-packed updates rolling out for Huawei devices in August 2021 and brief you in short summaries.
Note: This list of devices will be regularly updated
Huawei EMUI August 2021 updates:
August 31, 2021:
- Huawei rolling out the July 2021 update for a bunch of devices including Enjoy 20 SE, Enjoy 10, Enjoy 10S, and Honor Play 3e.
- Huawei Mate Xs June 2021 security update is now expanding to more users worldwide. This patch has already begun releasing in for EMUI users globally.
- August 2021 update for Huawei Watch GT is now expanding for more global users.
August 30, 2021:
- Huawei FreeBuds receiving an August 2021 update to enhance their audio experience and this update also bring stability improvements.
- The global Huawei P40 series users are now getting access to July 2021 security updates. This patch strengthens the security system of the devices. It does not include any major changes.
- Huawei FreeBuds 4 grabbing August 2021 update with improvements in connection stability.
August 29, 2021:
- More Huawei Mate 30 Pro users are now getting access to the July 2021 security update in the global regions. This software update installs the latest security patch to the devices fixing a number of privacy and security-related issues.
- Huawei sending May 2021 security update for some Huawei P Smart 2019 users running EMUI 10. While others are getting June 2021 updates.
- Huawei MatePad T10s tablet receives June 2021 security patch along with new applications. It also includes shortcuts for downloading the apps such as Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, and Link Now.
August 28, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T July 2021 security update for EMUI based users is now expanding to more devices in the global market.
August 27, 2021:
- Huawei rolling out a new software update for Honor 20S and Play 9A. This update brings July 2021 security patch for improved system security.
August 26, 2021:
- Huawei’s one of the oldest flagship phones, Huawei Mate 9 is grabbing new updates almost after more than a half year. It includes new applications along with bug fixes for the system to enhance the user experience and brings stability to the device.
- Huawei Enjoy 20 5G and Enjoy 10e have begun collecting July 2021 security update. It improves the overall device’s security system and brings smoothness in the performance.
August 25, 2021:
- The global Huawei Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro devices are getting new software updates bringing July 2021 security patch. The update comes with EMUI 11 version 188.8.131.52 and brings new security improvements.
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablets have begun receiving new system stability optimizations globally. These tablets are running on EMUI 11 version and the latest firmware bears version 184.108.40.206.
August 23, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T in the global market is getting July 2021 security update. These devices are running on the latest EMUI 11 and receiving regular security patches.
August 22, 2021:
- July 2021 security patch reaches Huawei Nova 7i running EMUI 10.1, improving the overall system security of the device.
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphones users have begun receiving an important patch that fixes audio effects and optimizes some system settings. In addition, this update also includes June 2021 security patch.
August 20, 2021:
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet 2 running EMUI 10.1 receiving new system stability optimizations for enhanced user experience.
- Huawei P Smart 9 and P Smart Plus 2019 getting June 2021 security improvements with a new update fixing several exploits and issues for enhanced user experience.
August 19, 2021:
- A new software update released for Huawei Mate 10 Pro and P10 brings May 2021 security updates and a bunch of new applications to optimize the user experience.
August 17, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 20 series users operating on EMUI 11 in China are receiving system stability optimizations with a new software update.
- Huawei releases a new software update for Huawei P9 and P9 Plus devices running EMUI software. It installs various new applications and integrates January 2021 security patch.
August 16, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 6 SE latest software update installs July 2021 security patches. For your information, this rollout is conducted for devices with EMUI 10.1 software system.
- Huawei P40 Lite and P40 Lite 5G getting new firmware that installs June 2021 security patch. However, users of these two devices are awaiting for any major software update.
August 14, 2021:
- Huawei Mate X with EMUI 11 receiving a new software update with EMUI 220.127.116.11 and installs June 2021 security update.
- Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro getting August 2021 feature update on the global market.
August 12, 2021:
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro on EMUI 11 receiving June 2021 security update. On the other hand, these devices are waiting for a HarmonyOS update or possibly EMUI 12.
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro with EMUI 11 getting a new software update that installs security patches released in May 2021. However, its counterpart is enjoying the HarmonyOS software update.
- Huawei is rolling out a new software update for Huawei Maimang 8 device with EMUI 10.
August 12, 2021:
- Huawei P50 Pro receiving its first software update that installs important improvements for the camera and gallery apps. This optimizes the overall photography quality of the device.
August 11, 2021:
- Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro receiving August 2021 firmware update that adds support for custom video watch face, audio control panel, IoT device control panel, flip wrist mute mode, AI life app, synchronization of mobile phone with local music, variety of present dials in the ultra-long battery life mode. There are also some important optimizations that have been made to the device. Read more about this major update here.
August 09, 2021:
- The latest Huawei P30 Lite New Edition software update is rolling out and it brings the June 2021 security patch for improved system security.
- The Huawei Enjoy 20 SE June 2021 security update has arrived. This software package includes performance enhancements and brings stability to the devices. No new features or changes have been spotted in this firmware.
- A new software update is rolling out for the flagship devices including Huawei P40, Mate 40 Pro, and Mate 30 Pro (initially in Europe). It brings June 2021 security patch for improved system security.
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 users on EMUI 10 have received a new software update with some newly added applications including Petal Search, Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, and Member Center. Furthermore, it also integrates June 2021 security patch.
- Huawei Enjoy 10e getting software improvements with a new software update that installs along with system stability improvements.
August 07, 2021:
- Honor Play 3 and Play 3e on EMUI 9.1 getting June 2021 security patch with the latest software update. The firmware just brings security improvements other than adding any new functionalities.
August 05, 2021:
- Huawei’s June 2021 security patch reaches MatePad T8 running EMUI 10.1. It just brings some security enhancements, besides adding any new functionalities.
August 04, 2021:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 now receives the June 2021 security improvements in the global market.
August 03, 2021:
- Huawei Y6P getting a new EMUI based software update that brings June 2021 security patch.
- A new software update rolling out for Huawei P10 Lite newly added applications and optimizes the smart search function along with improving the overall system security.
August 02, 2021:
- June 2021 security update reaches Huawei Mate 20 Lite devices running EMUI 10 in the global market.
- Huawei expanding display and system update for Watch 3 series. This update was already released for the global users and now it is rolling out in China.
- Huawei P40 series (EMUI 11) in the global market have begun receiving the June 2021 security improvements with fixes for different levels of issues and exploits.
- The five-year-old, Huawei P9, and P9 Plus started getting a new software update. This firmware brings some newly added applications, optimizes the smart search function, and brings stability.
- Huawei P Smart Z users are receiving a new software update that brings May 2021 security patch along with some newly added applications.
August 01, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T receiving two security patches in on software update. These latest security improvements enhance system security and bring stability.
Note: We’ll update this article continuously.
Huawei Nova 9 global version comes with EMUI 12: PSA
Huawei Nova 9 is a versatile device that has huge features and camera details that provides a new user experience and camera prowess with its quad-camera system consisting of a 50MP high-quality main camera.
In terms of software, the Huawei Nova 9 for the global models has EMUI 12 that brings a new user interface and features that reflect HarmonyOS and give the same UI experience. Still, the mystery of EMUI 12 remains hidden, whether it’s an Android-based software or its HarmonyOS.
Learn more about EMUI 12 features here – EMUI 12 Features: New UI design, Motion effect, Control Panel, Device Plus and more
Huawei Nova 9: Global
According to the information, the Huawei Nova 9 has two color options – Starry Blue and Black. The phone is priced at 499 euros, in some markets, this new device will sale from November 2nd onwards, while its current availability remains under pre-order status.
In terms of specs, the Nova 9 features a 6.57-inch OLED display with FHD+ (2340 x 1080) resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, center hole-punch design, and curved edges.
This phone has a quad-camera system consisting of a 50 RYYB main camera, f/1.9 aperture + 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera, f/2.2 aperture + 2 MP depth of field camera, f/2.4 aperture, 2 MP macro camera, f/2.4 aperture.
On the front side, it has a 32MP (f/2.0 aperture) selfie camera. Both of these cameras provide different types of camera modes and photo enhancing features for you to make the most out of the camera specifications.
The Huawei Nova 9 expands at 160mm x 73.7mm x 7.77mm and 175g. In terms of battery, it has a 4300mAh battery along with a 66W super fast charge and USB Type-C input. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G processor provides faster task executions but it only has a 4G LTE model.
New system apps and improvements rolling out for the Huawei Mate 30 Pro [Global]
Huawei is now rolling out a new software update for the Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone in the global market with new apps. The company is sending this software update with a firmware version EMUI 18.104.22.168, the OTA package size is 1.26GB.
The Huawei Mate 30 Pro global update consists of new system apps including quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, Member Center, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard.
According to Huaweiblog, the latest Huawei Mate 30 Pro update consists of system stability for improved user experience. Aside from these improvements, the Mate 30 Pro doesn’t reflect any additions in the changelog.
To be mentioned, the software update is currently at the initial stage and will expand to more devices in the coming days or weeks.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro New Apps Update changelog:
Improves system stability in certain scenarios.
Adds the Huawei apps folder to the home screen to keep you up to date on popular apps.
Adds quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, Member Center, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard.
The apps can be downloaded by tapping the shortcuts. (Note: If the setting for Auto-update of apps in AppGallery is set to On or Wi-Fi only, app updates will be downloaded and installed automatically when the network connection is good.)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
The latest Huawei Mate 30 Pro update won’t delete your personal data, yet, an advance backup is recommended before updating the device for the worst-case. Furthermore, ensure enough memory storage, battery backup, and a strong internet connection before installing this update. However, if you still meet any problem during the update can seek help from the Huawei customer service center.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
How to Download the update:
There are two ways for downloading this update- first with a mobile setting and the second with the Support App. I have mentioned both you can download anyone you are more comfortable with.
Download Via Settings:
- Open smartpnoe Settings
- Select System
- Now click on Software update
- Then Check for updates
- If available, click Download and install
- Now you can Restart your device
Download via Support app
- Open Support app on your smartphone
- Go to the Service tab
- Now select Update
- Click on Check for Updates
- If available, then tap Download and install
- Now you can Restart your device
EMUI 12 Features: New UI design, Motion effect, Control Panel, Device Plus and more
Huawei has released the EMUI 12 operating system, which comes with a suite of new features, user interface (UI) design, animation effects, seamless device controller, and other important enhancements over EMUI 11.
EMUI 12 design reflects the design scheme of the HarmonyOS operating system. From UI to features, all carry the same rhythm. However, Huawei has remained silent on the based software of EMUI 12.
Let’s jump to the matter, and explore the EMUI 12 Features:
EMUI 12 comes with a new innovative user interface design that has beautiful rounds corners and provides a seamless viewing experience. There are finely tuned gradients that create a perfect sense of depth in the display, while the simple black, white and blue color format offers a clean and refined look.
This EMUI software comes with new animation effects that reflect realistic gravity and magnet animation effects. The latest animations added to the UI reflects the celestial objects move in the universe, and makes the overall touch interaction more smoother and interactive.
The new software supports stepless weight adjustment, which allows you to adjust the size and the weight of the font by just adjusting the slider. This new feature enhances the user’s viewing experience and makes the UI labels more visible for better UI controls.
Control Panel is an all-in-one solution that you can access by swiping down from the top right corner of the display. The Control Panel consists of audio playback, WiFi, and Bluetooth settings on the same screen.
That’s not it because the Control Panel the above-mentioned controls are followed by shortcut switches section. There’s also a Device+ section. The aim of the Control Panel is to provide you the quickest possible options on the go without at the fastest pace.
Compared to the EMUI 11, the Notification Center is now separated from the Quick settings panel. The users now have a brand new notification center, that you can access via swiping down from the top left corner of the display.
Finally, let’s talk about the “Device+”. This feature resembles the Super Device feature on the HarmonyOS 2. What are the use cases? Let’s take a brief look.
You can simply tap on the MatePad icon (as shown in the image) to activate a multi-screen collaboration with MatePad. This will help you conduct calls, send messages, and check photos from your phone on the tablet screen.
Once connected with MateBook, you can edit your phone’s files directly using your laptop’s bigger display with ease of access. Want to enjoy your phone’s content on an even bigger display? Don’t worry, EMUI 12’s Device+ supports Huawei Vision smart TVs.
Lastly, the earbuds support of the Device+ allows you to listen to should of the other connected device such as Huawei Vision, without disturbing other people.
Distributed File System:
Distributed File System is quite powerful and works best, with this feature, you can get instant access to your phone documents or photos as easily as to access another disk drive on your laptop.
Most interestingly, these all functionalities can be conducted without touching your phone’s data cable.
MeeTime video calls were introduced with EMUI 10.1 and improved in EMUI 11. With EMUI 12, Huawei is taking a step ahead, this feature now supports cross-device video calls, you can seamlessly shift video calls picked up on your phone to Huawei Vision by using the MeeTime Video Call Transfer feature, and shift the call back to your phone, as per your requirement.
Time to come to an important part – Performance, the EMUI 12, provides faster web pages and apps loading as you scroll. You can return to the page next time as you load it up.
Even after a long term of use, the EMUI 12 ensures to provide optimum performance, operation response, and app startup as it was doing initially.
Lastly, the security. EMUI 12 comes with better security and privacy protection, You can input your password to unlock your phone from your laptop while being connected to the Multi-screen collaboration feature.
Moreover, you can set your smartwatch as a trusted device of your phone for extra protection. Your phone will only respond when your phone is connected via Face unlock.