Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 users began receiving a new big feature-packed update. According to the information, the August 2021 update for the Huawei Watch 3 devices brings a number of new features to these smart wearables powered by HarmonyOS.
To be specific, the August 2021 update for the Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro is not a regular firmware update and comes with firmware version 220.127.116.11 (C00E179R1P179) and 269 MB package size.
More interestingly, the changelog of this update brings a big list of new features, optimizations, fixes to improve the user experience of HarmonyOS on Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro.
The firmware update adds many practical and intelligent features (some functions need to be updated after “sports health” is applied to the latest version to support).
The complete changes of this big Huawei Watch 3 firmware update are linked below.
- Support custom video watch face
- Add audio control panel
- Add loT device control panel
- Support flip wrist mute call function (open path: Settings> Accessibility> Gesture)
- Add AI Life application
- Support synchronization of mobile phone local music (need to import through sports and health applications)
- Added a variety of preset dials in the ultra-long battery life mode
- Do not disturb mode supports setting the do not disturb time period
- Add “Extra long” to the shortcut menu Battery life” and “WLAN” shortcut switch
- Optimize weather widget, improve positioning, and update speed
- Optimize unlock function, improve the security of smart unlock
- Optimize message notification function, support ringtone reminder
- Optimize voice assistant
Notes for user experience update:
- Some functions have requirements for the mobile phone system. For details, please refer to the official announcement of the pollen forum.
- Please keep the network connection during the update process, if the update fails, please try again.
- The update process of the wearable device may be long. Please wait patiently for the progress bar on the device side to complete, and the device will automatically restart after the system is updated.
- If you encounter any problems during use, please visit the pollen forum or call the Huawei customer service hotline 950800 for support.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
How to check for updates on Huawei Watch 3 series
- Connect the Watch 3 to your smartphone using the Huawei Health app
- Now open the app >> Devices >> then tap on Device name.
- Choose Firmware update.
- If any new software update is found, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Huawei Watch 3 and 3 Pro:
Huawei Watch 3 and 3 Pro launched as first-ever smartwatches to come with HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. These devices come with a premium design and a bunch of health-related capabilities.
These wearables feature a heart rate sensor, up to 14 days long battery, skin temperature measurement function, and emergency call feature.
In the health department, the Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro comes with over 100 different workout modes, skin temperature detection, fall detection, SOS alert, SpO2, sleep monitoring, and many more.