Today, Huawei launched its second generation of automated driving system, ADS 2.0 at the Huawei Smart Car Solution Conference 2023. This smart driving technology comes with new features to ease various driving scenarios.
Huawei ADS 2.0 Features:
This new car system focuses on four major highlights of driving scenarios.
When it comes to autonomous driving, safety is a must to check the quality bar. The ADS 2.0 uses the industry’s first laser fusion GOD network technology. It enables accurate obstacle recognition for a safe and smooth driving experience even in dense traffic scenarios.
The new autonomous driving system has optimizations for the high-speed experience. As a result, the new manual takeover mileage is ramped up to 200km.
Huawei says the new ADS does not rely on the form of high-precision maps, and it can be opened “with or without pictures”.
Yu Chengdong, CEO of Huawei Smart Car Business Group said that the new ADS has will use unmapped operations in the third quarter of 2023. It will operate in 45 cities in the fourth quarter.
“Only a smart driving system that does not rely on high-precision maps can be of practical value in large-scale use,” said Yu during the keynote.
The 2.0 ADS brings AVP valet parking assistance with 360-degree full-range obstacle perception technology. It enables smart parking in different scenarios including ground, underground parking lots, and more. The parking system is trained with over 160+ types of parking types.
Huawei ADS 2.0 is launched in three versions:
- The first package has active safety assistance, adaptive cruise control, and a 360-degree panoramic view.
- The second package has high-speed lane cruise assist, high-speed smart driving pilot assist, urban lane cruise assist, and a smart and remote parking system.
- The third package has urban smart driving pilot assistance, enhanced urban lane cruise, and valet parking assistance.
Huawei ADS 2.0 high-end version price as the following:
- One-time purchase of 36000 yuan
- The annual subscription of 7200 yuan
- Monthly subscription of 720 yuan
The ADS 2.0 smart driving system is first equipped in AITO M5 high-end version, Avita 11, and Alpha S Hi version. There are more models launching with this new ADS in the near future.