On July 9, Honor has launched its super affordable Honor Play 8 device in China, including attractive specs.
As for the specifications, Honor Play 8 comes with a 5.71-inch HD+ dewdrop display, powered by Mediatek MT6761 Quad-core processor, 2GB RAM + 32GB internal storage.
For photography, the phone has a rear camera of 13MP with f/1.8 aperture, and a front-facing camera of 5MP with f/2.2 aperture. The phone runs on EMUI 9.0 (Android Pie) as it’s packed with 3020mAh battery. Also, the phone supports a three-card tray including two for SIM cards and one for microSD slot.
Honor Play 8 is priced at 599 yuan ($87) for 2GB + 32GB variant available in two colors and currently on sale at Vmall, JD, TMall, Sunning and more.
Huawei launches medical imaging system that converts 2D visuals into 3D
Today, Huawei and Weizhuo Zhiyuan held a product launch conference with the theme of “Medical Imaging At Your Fingertips” and launched a new “Reading Picture Bao” (translated) smart medical imaging system.
This new Huawei medical imaging system can not only combine 3D smart imaging systems but detect the intuitive and precise location of the lesion and also help doctors realize remote consultation and real-time two-way interaction to improve the efficiency of case discussion, teaching rounds, remote consultation, and doctor-patient communication.
It also greatly improves the efficiency of case discussion, teaching rounds, remote consultation, and doctor-patient communication.
Traditional film or computer reading methods are based on two-dimensional tomographic images, which require doctors to have extremely high spatial imagination and reduction capabilities. Younger doctors often cannot obtain comprehensive and accurate clinical information from two-dimensional images.
If you encounter a difficult case, it is extremely difficult to read through two-dimensional black and white images, and it is easy to be misdiagnosed, missed, and misdiagnosed. The image communication in multi-person or remote consultation is prone to information out of synchronization, and the doctor-patient communication cannot be accurate and describe the condition and risk, etc.
The photo-reading system jointly created by Huawei and Weizhuo Zhiyuan uses artificial intelligence technology to greatly improve the ability of medical image post-processing and is based on the smart three-dimensional reconstruction of medical image data.
The entire system provides doctors with more comprehensive, intuitive, and accurate clinical information. In addition, the organic combination of ReadPianbao software and smart large screen solves the problem of multi-person consultation with touch and handwriting and realizes remote image communication through the remote conference feature.
Huawei has built a smart system of three-dimensional perception, multi-domain collaboration, precise judgment, and continuous evolution – medical agent through the collaborative and integrated development of connectivity, cloud, AI, computing, devices, and medical industry applications. On this basis, Huawei’s smart screen terminal provides smart collaboration and audio-visual conference features for the telemedicine system.
Weizhuo Zhiyuan focuses on the research and development of cutting-edge technologies such as medical artificial intelligence, cloud computing, holographic visualization, and intelligent surgical navigation robots, and has in-depth cooperation with 301 Hospital, Chinese Union Medical College Hospital, and many other well-known medical institutions.
This time, Huawei and Weizhuo Zhiyuan’s PhotoViewer system is an integrated solution composed of software and hardware, including PhotoViewer software, high-performance workstations, and large touch screens.
- At the software level, the core of ReadPianbao is AI algorithm and image processing technology, which can automatically generate three-dimensional models to provide doctors with more comprehensive, intuitive, and three-dimensional image information.
- In terms of hardware, the high-sensitivity, low-latency, and ultra-clear 4K smart terminal adopted by Photoshop can realize the communication between multiple people in the way of touch interaction, which greatly improves the efficiency and accuracy of medical information transmission. The intelligent conference function preset by the intelligent terminal ensures that the remote image consultation can be carried out anytime and anywhere.
- At the level of teaching ward rounds, Reading Pictures can realize from two-dimensional reading to three-dimensional smart images, presenting rich image information from a higher dimension and a wider field of vision, making clinical diagnosis and treatment techniques easier to understand and master, and disseminating and communicating medical knowledge. More efficient, help optimize the learning curve and growth path of young doctors, and save time and cost of learning and training.
- At the level of case discussion, this imaging system can meet the needs of multi-person consultation and remote consultation. Its unique touch interaction, three-dimensional reconstruction, annotation synchronization and other functions can more intuitively and three-dimensionally display the three-dimensional structure of the lesion and the surrounding important organs. Information such as measurement and annotation can be saved and recalled at any time.
- At the level of doctor-patient communication, the unique three-dimensional imaging function of ReadPianbao allows patients and their families who do not have medical knowledge to understand the condition of the disease more intuitively and accurately, and fully understand the treatment methods and risks, which not only protects the patient’s right to know , Also objectively avoid medical disputes caused by understanding differences.
- At the level of remote consultations, ReadPianbao can initiate or join remote consultations anytime and anywhere. It supports video, voice, image, and handwritten annotations, and consultation opinions can be archived by multiple parties.
China and Russia to cooperate on the development of HarmonyOS, OpenEuler and AuroraOS
In the wake of Huawei‘s demise from the U.S. sanctions, more and more companies have now been working to develop new supply chains that will lead towards a new industry. However, there are some times when two countries can also participate in the field to find the interest of these firms.
According to a recent report, the Chinese Premier and the Prime Minister of the Russian Federation (hereinafter referred to as the “two parties”) held the 26th regular meeting in the form of a video and announced the joint statement. Most interestingly, the statement mentioned OpenEuler and HarmonyOS.
The statement has clearly revealed the cooperation between Russia and China countries to grow the cooperation and develop further ther operating systems including AuroraOS, HarmonyOS, and EulerOS. The cooperation was also signed to promote business activities between both markets.
This is the first time that Euler and HarmonyOS have been mentioned in the joint session of the summit of the two governments.
- HarmonyOS is a smart terminal operating system for the Internet of Everything
- Similar to HarmonyOS, AuroraOS is a mobile operating system developed in Russia. It is based on the open-source Sailfish OS. At present, Russia has adopted Aurora as the operating system recommended by the government and state-owned enterprises.
- The Euler open source operating system (openEuler, referred to as “Euler”) is an open source operating system for digital infrastructure, supporting server, cloud computing, edge computing, embedded and other application scenarios, supporting diverse computing, and committed to providing security and stability, easy-to-use operating system. By providing deterministic guarantee capabilities for applications, it supports applications in the OT field and the integration of OT and ICT.
OpenEuler community has carried out in-depth cooperation with Russian operation system makers and is currently developing a commercial release based on the OpenEuler open-source operating system.
(via – sohu)
HiHopeOS 1.0 will base on OpenHarmony operating system
Open Source software has become a big change in the field of technology and deriving a big contribution from the market leaders to the least possible contributor. Since 2020, Runhe Software from China has fully inherited the OpenHarmony operating system and has become one of the key contributors to the Open Atom Open Source Foundation.
Runhe software’s new operating system is based on the principle of open source and openness. Adding to this, the company said that it is committed to building a future ecosystem of intelligent connections of all things.
Head of the OpenHarmony business of Runhe Software and founder of HiHopeOS, a full-stack solution platform for Runhe’s chip, said that they will jointly open up the road of localized technological innovation based on OpenHarmony.
HiHopeOS business mainly relies on the team’s deep accumulation in the chip and embedded fields, and focuses on domestic technology bases such as OpenHarmony, with core boards, modules, and software commercial releases as the main business forms.
In December 2020, the Open Atom Open Source Foundation and Runhe Software officially launched the OpenHarmony open source project with seven units including Huawei and the Software Institute of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Runhe Software is also an important member of the OpenHarmony project group working committee. The working committee is the highest management body of OpenHarmony.
Early in August, Runhe Software has launched the HiHopeOS Beta version in the financial industry. In an interview, Liu Yang revealed: Runhe Software initially plans to release the official version of HiHopeOS 1.0 in December.
HiHopeOS will have multiple versions for different scenarios, including HiHopeOS IoT Edition, HiHopeOS Standard Edition, and HiHopeOS Fusion Edition. At the same time, industry releases based on HiHopeOS will be launched, such as financial releases, education releases, energy releases, etc. Liu Yang hopes that more product companies will rely on HiHopeOS to create more high-quality products in the future.
“The launch of HiHopeOS is to help OpenHarmony improve its technology from the perspective of market demand, such as improving safety performance, optimizing stability, improving industry components, and accelerating the product company’s productization process,” said Liu Yang.
HiHope, a chip full-stack solution platform, aims to build a one-stop chip solution platform that includes chip design and verification, hardware development and production, hardware test certification, board-level support software, chip commissioning software, and application solution prototypes.
Based on this platform, we are committed to building a HiHope ecosystem with domestic chips as the core, comprehensively covering semiconductor manufacturers, modules, boards, downstream customers and scenarios, comprehensive software and hardware services, and developers.
Intelligence, to carry out research and development of “chips, terminals, and applications” to provide IoT and intelligent professional solutions for customers in industries such as chips, complete machines, wearable devices, smart homes, and the Internet of Things. The current main business directions are as follows:
- HiHopeDP: Chip design service platform, providing complete chip design service capabilities.
- HiHopeIO: An integrated software and hardware platform that supports heterogeneous chips and IP cores running HiHopeOS.
- HiHopeOS: A commercial release based on domestic technologies such as OpenHarmony, for thousands of industries.