[List] Honor devices that have received EMUI 10.0 (Android 10)
EMUI 10.1 is currently rolling out for the global Huawei device users, beginning with the top-end flagship. Amidst the talk of EMUI 10.1, the company is still upgrading its old devices on EMUI 10.0 including the models from its smartphone subsidiary – Honor.
Honor’s top-end phones including Honor 20, 20 Pro, and View20 runs the Magic UI, a sister UI of EMUI based on Android. These devices recently completed the Magic UI 3.1 system upgrade in China. However, global users are still waiting for this latest version, which may release by the end of June or in July 2020.
On the other hand, phones such as Honor 10 Lite, Honor 8X, and View10 unlikely to get further major updates and have to stay on their existing Android version. While the company will continue to provide them monthly security patches.
Meanwhile, some of our readers asked us about the current status of EMUI 10.0 for Honor models. So today, we brought you the statics of Honor 10 that have received EMUI 10. Check them below.
Honor devices with EMUI 10.0/Magic UI 3.0:
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor View20/V20
- Honor 10 Lite
- Honor 20 lite
- Honor 8X
- Honor 9X
- Honor 10i
- Honor View10/V10
- Honor 10
- Honor 20S
- Honor 20, 20 Pro, View20, and 20S runs the Magic UI OS system.
- Rollout time will be different.
- EMUI for some devices is still underway in a few markets.
Honor 9X Pro:
Honor 9X Pro comes pre-installed with EMUI 9.1 and may soon receive EMUI 10.0. However, it’s currently not confirmed, as Honor could send EMUI 10.1 instead.
EMUI 10/Magic UI 3 is based on Android 10 and brings Magazine Style UI layout, Morandi Colors, Dark Mode, Golden Icons, New Animations, Improved privacy features.
EMUI 10.1: Latest News, Rollout date, Features, and Eligible devices [Updated]
Long Enough: A Huawei Mate 8 finally fetches EMUI 8 (Android 8)
EMUI 8 (Android 8) is released a long ago and Huawei published this roadmap to the Mate 8 in 2018. However, there is one Huawei Mate 8 user that now received EMUI 8, which took too long to come.
According to the information, Huawei released the EMUI 8 schedule for all of its devices in 2017. Huawei Mate 8 was also a part of the upgrade process along with other smartphones.
Phone users in the global market already installed this major OTA update. However, there may be a few users that were stuck on the old firmware EMUI 5.0 (based on Android 7).
You should know that Huawei Mate 8 was launched with EMUI 4 version and has better camera features. However, it later received version 5.0, followed by EMUI 8. Now, there’s no major software update available for this device.
The Huawei Mate 8 user who sent us this information is surprised by the fact that the phone wasn’t able to fetch the firmware for this long. As the other users had it 4 years ago.
A similar issue has been caught in other Huawei devices and stop receiving new software updates without any reason. There are also some external factors including the use case in another country. This could also delay OTA delivery.
As for the firmware, it comes with version 188.8.131.529 and has a package size of 2.29GB. The changelog reveals that the update packs Android 8 and also boosts performance. To be mentioned, Huawei has added new features and improvements to make this smartphone more useful and intuitive, faster and safer.
Huawei Mate 8 comes with Kirin 950 chipset and 6 inches full HD resolution display. The phone has a 16MP rear camera and an 8MP selfie camera. Looking at the design, the phone has a wide display with top and bottom bezels and there’s a physical fingerprint reader below the rear camera module.
Thanks, Zhao for the amazing tip.
Huawei EMUI March 2023 Updates List
Huawei has released March 2023 EMUI security patch details for global users and updates are flying everywhere among global smartphones. On the other hand, most Huawei phones have already received February 2023 security patch.
Huawei rolls out these software upgrades to improve the user experience. Therefore, it’s recommended that you install the latest firmware to keep your smartphone up to date with the latest security solutions. That’s not it, Huawei could also send some system patches for performance improvement, which you can check manually via Settings.
Meanwhile, users are eagerly waiting for a new major upgrade – EMUI 13. Interestingly, March also going silent, as we move half-way-through this month. It’s been a year since EMUI 12 made its debut and still, users now asking for Huawei’s take on EMUI 13 release for old devices.
Other than this, Huawei is also preparing to launch the Huawei P60 series, which will bring a number of new technologies. Furthermore, it could come with various new features, which may later be added to EMUI software. Yet, none of these are confirmed officially.
But we’ll keep you posted with all of the latest development in this story.
Until then, check all the Huawei EMUI software updates rolling out in March 2023.
March 25, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y70 receives 184.108.40.206 software with March 2023 security patch for better system security.
- Huawei Nova 9 gets EMUI 220.127.116.116 with a number of new optimizations including display, apps, system, and stability.
March 21, 2023:
- Huawei P40 Lite users in Europe are getting firmware version 18.104.22.1688 with the latest security patch solutions.
- The latest feature-packed Huawei Mate 50 Pro software update for global users is reaching more places, allowing them to experience the latest additions on the go.
March 20, 2023:
- Huawei is sending a new software update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone in the global market that comes with March 2023 security update and firmware version 22.214.171.1242.
March 18, 2023:
Huawei Mate 50 Pro in the global market is getting a new software update that comes with EMUI version 126.96.36.199 and a package size of 867 megabytes. However, the changelog of this update is more interesting because there are a lot of changes inside.
According to the information, Huawei is sending new camera improvements for better photography, it also has apps and sound quality optimizations. Furthermore, you will latest solutions for better system performance and security. Read more here.
March 10, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is one of the first smartphones to get the March 2023 security update, it’s EMUI firmware version is 188.8.131.527.
March 9, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 8i, Nova Y61, and Nova Y60 are grabbing February 2023 security update with EMUI version 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168 for Nova 8i, Y61, and Y60 respectively.
March 7, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 7 is receiving a new firmware update that comes with build version 22.214.171.124, which improves the phone’s security by featuring EMUI February 2023 patch.
March 6, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is getting a new software update in the global market that comes with February 2023 security patch and it has EMUI version 126.96.36.1992.
March 4, 2023:
- Huawei FreeBuds 5i is up to grab a new system stability firmware upgrade that improves these earbuds’ performance.
- Huawei P40 Lite can now download February 2023 security patch via OTA and the version is 188.8.131.528.
March 3, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 10 series is one of the earliest phones to launch with pre-installed EMUI 12 and now the Chinese tech maker is sending February 2023 security update for this smartphone in the global market.
March 2, 2023:
- Huawei has released a new software update for the P30 Pro flagship with version 184.108.40.206 and it comes with February 2023 security patch for improved system safety. While, users of this phone want to fix the blur issue that is occurring on the main camera of the flagship.
Huawei Nova 9 gets EMUI 220.127.116.116 with new improvements
Huawei is rolling out a brand new software update for the Huawei Nova 9 smartphone and it comes with EMUI 18.104.22.1686 version. Don’t forget that it is a global model and the company has loaded the changelog with new improvements and optimizations.
EMUI 22.214.171.1246 brings new optimizations for display, which resolves uncertain behavior and improves the phone screen’s efficiency. Huawei is also improving Huawei Nova 9’s network quality in certain situations, resolving son known issues to provide an uninterrupted user experience.
Also, Huawei is removing the pre-installed Link Now app, which the company has discontinued last year. Link Now was an online collaboration platform with services such as instant messaging, video conferencing, and online learning. You can choose different services on different occasions for better productivity at your work and study.
Lastly, Huawei is installing fresh system stability improvements for better smartphone performance. Notably, the EMUI 126.96.36.1996 software update for Huawei Nova 9 comes with a 1.85 GB package size. This is big enough and surely brings changes to the system’s performance.
You should know that this upgrade is rolling out in batches and we suggest you get the OTA as soon as it arrives on the notifications panel.
Amid this release, Huawei Nova 9 users are also concerned about the EMUI 13 upgrade. This is quite a reasonable question and Huawei Nova 9 is a worthy phone to receive the next generation of EMUI software.
Speaking of which, the company is currently testing EMUI 13 on top flagships – P50 series, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 smartphones. However, the availability is limited to a few markets/regions. We hope that Huawei Nova 9 will soon get a slot to test the new EMUI version.
Huawei Nova 9:
This phone packs a 6.57-inch screen, 1.07 billion colors, an OLED panel, and up to 120Hz of refresh rate. It is powered by Snapdragon 778G chip and equips a 50MP quad rear camera system.
Thanks to the tipster, Marco for this amazing tip