On September 29th, Huawei has launched DevEco Studio 3.0 and released the DevEco Studio 3.0 beta 1, which is now available to download for the HarmonyOS development. This new version brings two new tool support and existing feature optimizations for the next version of the HarmonyOS operating system.
Huawei DevEco Studio is a one-stop integrated development environment (IDE) powered by the IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition and oriented to HarmonyOS-based devices in all scenarios. It allows you to create project templates, and develop, build, debug, and release HarmonyOS apps from end to end, thereby empowering you to innovate and develop products.
The developers with the eligible resource can download this version from the official website of the company. Users of 64-bit Windows 10 and macOS 10.14/10.15/11.2.2 with a minimum of 8GB RAM, 100GB internal storage, and 1280×800 pixel resolution can download this version.
Let’s explore the new changes that Huawei DevEco Studio 3.0, beta 1 brings-
- New Scoring Tool: The new Scoring Tool local HarmonyOS application or atomic service evaluation tool tests and evaluates the quality of HarmonyOS applications or atomic services. The developer uses it to perform self-testing on HarmonyOS applications or atomic services. In addition, it can quickly provide evaluation results and improvements Suggestions to help developers quickly improve product quality.
- Support for compiling a single Module: When compiling and constructing the HAP package, new support for compiling a single Module is added. For scenarios where only one of the Modules needs to be compiled in a multi-module project, the compilation and construction will have more improve speed. At the same time, it supports a one-click reconstruction of the HAP package. Now before compiling and building HAP, the Clean Project operation will automatically execute.
- Optimization: Compile and build the plug-in update to version 188.8.131.52
- Simulator mirroring update: The remote simulator mirroring update supports API 6 Release. At the same time, the distributed simulator adds support for the “Phone+TV” networking scenario.
- Low-code Development Function: Now supports tablet device development, atomic layout development, and multi-device development switching functions.
- Enhanced Editors: Java, XML, and JSON editors have enhanced, resource index errors support quick fixes, and support quick viewing of resource values.
- Ohos View Support: The project view supports the Ohos view. The default view is the Project view, and the developer can switch it manually.
Now, let’s move further and check what are the know issues-
After the beta 1 installation, there may be some problems in the future. You can check below for the details and pay more attention to it. However, the company will improve and optimize them with the upcoming releases.
- When using the C++ variable visualization function to debug, the single-step debugging operation will be stuck. Meanwhile, the continuous change value of the variable will be abnormal.
- Don’t support the preview for projects of Video Player Ability(Java), Device Control Ability(JS), Image Editor Ability(Java), Picture Browser Ability(Java).
- The project created by the DeviceConfigureAbility(JS) template does not support Js debugging.
- Splash Screen Ability (JS) template does not support the writing of app. terminate, and there will be debugging problems.
- If there are multiple modules in the project and the “package” is the same, multiple hap installation and debugging are not supported, you can select a single hap package for debugging.
- The About Ability(JS) template does not support this writing, and there will be debugging problems.
DevEco Basic Tools and Features:
With the capability of HarmonyOS, developers can easily create cross devices applications on one platform. Furthermore, it improves working efficiency and accuracy with its convenient features.
Asides from the basic code development, compilation, construction, and commissioning functions it also offers the below-mentioned facilities.
- Multi-device Unified Development Environment: Offres application development of multiple HarmonyOS devices, including smartphones, tablets, cars, smart screens, smart wearables, LiteWearable, and smart visions.
- Multi-language Code Development and Debugging Support: The new version includes Java, XML, C/C++, JS, CSS, and HML (HarmonyOS Markup Language) language support.
- FA and PA Support: It has FA (Feature Ability) and PA (Particle Ability) rapid development support. It quickly creates FA/PA project templates through the project wizard. Also, packages them into HAP (HarmonyOS Ability Package) in one click.
- Distributed Multi-device Application Development Support: One project and one code can run across devices, support real-time preview and differentiated development of different device interfaces, and maximize code reuse.
- Multi-device Simulator Support: It provides simulator resources for multiple devices such as phones, tablets, vehicles, smart screens, and smart wearable devices to facilitate efficient debugging by developers.
- Support Multi-device Previewer: It supports JS and Java previewer functions, you can view the layout effect of the application in real-time. Furthermore, it supports real-time preview and dynamic preview. Simultaneously, provides a multi-device simultaneous preview to view the rendering effect of the same layout file on different devices.
(Source – Huawei)
Huawei Mate V foldable phone to launch on December 23
It was previously reported that Huawei is planning to launch a new foldable phone this month. Therefore, a new input has emerged that shows that this new foldable phone, allegedly called Mate V will launch on December 23, 2021.
According to a well-known Weibo tipster, Huawei will launch the next foldable phone – Mate V clamshell-style smartphone on December 23 along with a new smartwatch – Watch D with blood pressure measurement feature support.
Furthermore, the tipster revealed that Huawei has a new Watch Fit mini sports series, smart screen (smart TV), MateBook, MatePad paper, Bluetooth glasses as well as other smart products that will make their way to the upcoming launch event.
Huawei consumer business group CEO, Yu Chengdong has been out of action from the last two launch events of Huawei but it’s likely that Yu will join this upcoming Huawei launch showcase that will host a bunch of new products.
It’s also revealed that Yu will announce, the first HaronyOS powered smart SUV CERES AITO car on December 23, equipped with HarmonyOS car. Yu Chengdong said Huawei has 30 years in communications applications, ICT field accumulated core technology to help AITO build a mid-size luxury SUV, the car will be the first equipped with the latest Huawei obscurity intelligent cockpit for a smart user experience.
Huawei Mate V:
Huawei Mate V has a flip-style foldable design, the trademark and design patent of this phone has been spotted on various inspection authorities around the globe. To be mentioned Huawei has long been preparing to launch this phone alongside the Huawei Mate X2.
According to our previous report, this clamshell phone comes with a full view display that folds inward and features a notch on the head. There are function keys on the left and the right side consist volume and power buttons. Meanwhile, the bottom side features ports and speaker grills for the input.
The rear design shows us a camera bump that is large and placed vertical camera system featuring different lense. The right side of the lens shows sensors for different aspects of photography.
Chinese smartphone makers are naive to think that Huawei market share is vacated for them: Honor CEO
Huawei‘s former subsidiary – Honor has released the Honor 60 series smartphones. However, Honor CEO, Zhao Ming has announced that Chinese smartphone makers should not be naive that the market vacated by Huawei will only be divided into them. This is quite a bold statement that has been made by the smartphone maker’s chief and showcases the reality of the market that has players such as Apple with a very strong presence.
Last November, Honor became an independent smartphone maker and its market fell to 3 percent after its breakup with Huawei. After regaining supply chain access, Honor has reached the top three Chinese smartphone makers in the third quarter and gained 17 percent of the total market share.
Since Huawei has lost a big chunk of the Chinese smartphone market share, more and more smartphone makers are looking to take advantage of this situation and quickly gather the market share.
However, Apple’s market share and its performance remain strong in the country, and in October, most of the Chinese smartphone sellers have shown that the iPhone 13 has topped every rating.
Regarding this, Zhao said that it’s very naive and naive to think that the market left by Huawei has vacated to be divided into several domestic brands. On the other hand, the market will never tolerate this kind of naiveness.
The Honor chief said that the company will continue to innovate and will launch new high-end flagship devices aiming at surpassing the strongest competitors.
(Source – Sohu)
Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 launched, a new flagship chipset
On November 30, 2021, during the Snapdragon Tech Summit 2021, in HAWAII, Qualcomm has announced its new flagship mobile chipset – Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. This new chipset paves a way towards new 5G, AI gaming, camera, and WiFi, and Bluetooth technologies for flagship smartphone devices.
According to Qualcomm, the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset is adopted by the following smartphone makers:
- Black Shark
- Sony Corporation
The chipset maker also revealed that there will be commercial devices that will launch by the end of 2021.
Now, let’s dive into the features of the newly launched Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset:
- Connectivity: Equipped with the 4th gen Snapdragon X65 5G Modem-RF System, the new Snapdragon 8 is the most advanced 5G mobile platform and the world’s first 5G modem-RF solution to reach 10 Gigabit download speeds. Snapdragon 8 features the Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 Mobile Connectivity System supporting the fastest Wi-Fi speeds available—up to 3.6 Gbps—over Wi-Fi 6 and 6E to ensure games and apps perform smoothly, even with multiple devices on one network.
- Camera: This new premium mobile platform takes smartphone photography beyond pro. Snapdragon Sight™ Technology includes the first commercial 18-bit mobile ISP, capturing over 4000x more camera data than its predecessor for extreme dynamic range, color, and sharpness at staggering speeds up to 3.2 gigapixels per second. This is also the first 8K HDR video capture in a mobile platform and it’s capable of capturing in the premium HDR10+ format that’s loaded with over a billion shades of color. Video will look even more stunning thanks to the new Bokeh Engine which adds beautiful soft backgrounds to videos; it’s like Portrait Mode for video capture. Snapdragon 8 also includes a fourth separate ISP, the new Always-On ISP, which allows the camera to run with extremely low power consumption so users can experience always-on face unlocking and locking if your face isn’t present for heightened privacy.
- AI: The 7th Gen Qualcomm AI Engine is equipped with ultra-high performance and efficient Qualcomm Hexagon processor, featuring a 2x faster tensor accelerator and 2x larger shared memory than its predecessor. Users can capture pro-quality images thanks to intelligently integrated Leica Leitz Look filters—recreating their legendary bokeh effect. The latest AI-based natural language processing from Hugging Face can intelligently serve as your personal assistant by prioritizing and analyzing your notifications. Working with Sonde Health, we are using on-device AI to accelerate their models that can analyze a user’s vocal patterns to determine if a user is at risk for health conditions such as asthma, depression, and COVID-19. Also, a new always-on AI system is powered by the 3rd Gen Qualcomm Sensing Hub with more data streams being processed using the lowest power AI.
- Gaming: With over 50 Snapdragon Elite Gaming features, Snapdragon 8 delivers ultra-smooth responsiveness, color-rich HDR scenes at the highest visual quality, and desktop-level capabilities that are mobile-firsts. The new Qualcomm Adreno GPU provides a 30% boost in graphics rendering capabilities and a 25% improvement in power savings compared to the previous generation to unlock a new generation of mobile GPUs. The platform delivers, Adreno Frame Motion Engine to can generate twice as many frames while maintaining the same power consumption. Another mobile-first feature is Variable Rate Shading Pro to provides a finer grain of control for game developers to further tune game performance. Desktop-level Volumetric rendering brings unrivaled realism to fog, smoke, and particle effects that have been optimized for mobile by Qualcomm Technologies’ in-house Snapdragon Studios.
- Sound: Users can experience a new class of crisp, crystal-clear voice and music with integrated Bluetooth 5.2 and Snapdragon Sound Technology, now featuring Qualcomm aptX Lossless Technology for CD-quality lossless wireless audio. This is the first Snapdragon mobile platform to support all-new LE audio features such as broadcast audio, stereo recording, and voice back-channel for gaming.
- Security: Snapdragon 8 features vault-like security to help keep users’ data protected. This is the first Snapdragon platform to feature a dedicated Trust Management Engine to achieve heightened security and provide additional Root of Trust for apps and services. Snapdragon 8 is also the world’s first mobile platform to feature Android Ready SE—the new standard for digital car keys, drivers’ licenses, and more. Additionally, the Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit features support for iSIM, an integrated SIM card so users can easily and securely connect to cellular networks without a SIM card.