HarmonyOS 3 beta rolling for Huawei P30 series
Huawei has begun sending the first HarmonyOS 3 beta update for the Huawei P30 series devices. This rollout comes after the company begin to register early adopters last week.
According to the information, Huawei is rolling out the first closed HarmonyOS 3 beta update for the 2000 users that have been successfully selected for the beta activity. However, the testing pool could expect to add more testers as it was opened for 20000.
Other than the first batch, Huawei will gradually review the beta test applications. Since the beta registrations are still open, Huawei users will keep on amplifying the registration numbers.
The changelog reveals that Huawei P30 and P30 Pro are receiving HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 closed beta build upgrading from HarmonyOS 22.214.171.1248. Notably, it’s out for the following models:
- P30 (ELE-AL00)
- P30 (ELE-TL00)
- P30 Pro (VOG-AL00)
- P30 Pro (VOG-AL10)
- P30 Pro (VOG-TL00)
HarmonyOS 3 for the Huawei P30 series brings a lot of new features and these aims to improve the phone’s user experience. For instance, the users will be able to stack or group service widgets. There are new smart folders with a variety of layouts. Smart home screen layout suggestion and improved Celia suggestions.
HarmonyOS 3 will also install better security and privacy features for this legendary flaghip smartphone.
Service widgets, transform freely:
- Stackable: You can drag widgets of the same size to form a stacked state, you can swipe up and down to view widgets or pull down and then swipe left to delete, you can also drag to adjust the order of widgets or add them to the home screen
- Combinable: You can classify widgets of different sizes and application shortcuts as you like, and combine them into one widgets freely. The combined widgets support resizing.
Smart folder, can be large or small:
- There are more sizes and styles. Long press the folder to adjust the size. No matter how many or few apps are, you can always find a suitable way to store them and use the home screen space more efficiently.
Smart home screen layout, and personality is so simple:
- Kneading the home screen can intelligently layout the home screen, classify applications and widgets by color or function, and automatically generate a personalized home screen with a one-click selection
Celia suggestion is extraordinary:
- Celia suggests that wisdom continues to be upgraded. It can dynamically recommend services or apps by sensing time, scenes, locations, and usage habits, bringing you a convenient experience that saves time and effort.
All-scenario smart life
Super device, more experience:
- The super device is fully expanded and supports more types of devices. Various devices can be flexibly combined and interconnected. Devices with different Huawei IDs can also be quickly interconnected so that you can freely use the advantages and capabilities of each device.
- Added multi-device playback control feature, which can conveniently control the music playback of nearby speakers through the playback control center of the mobile phone (currently only limited to some speakers)
- Added the superhub feature. After long-pressing and dragging text, pictures, files, and other content into the superhub, you can drag out multiple contents at one time across apps and devices, and share them in batches
- The “Moment” page has a new recommendation section, which can show you more wonderful moments such as growth trajectory, food, pets, etc.
- Provide you with a general dashboard of all app usage rights behaviors, and actively provide privacy protection suggestions for possible risks. You know all the access
- You can check the security status of the current device or other devices with the same HUAWEI ID at any time, proactively help you identify problems, and provide protection suggestions, making device security easier
Huawei P60 Pro update brings camera and two way satellite SMS improvements
Huawei is rolling out a brand new software update for the latest Huawei P60 Pro flagship and it has some important optimizations for camera and satellite SMS features.
According to the information, the Huawei P60 series is the first to equip HarmonyOS 3.1 operating system. This release brings many new features that are built onboard. However, the new rollout addresses the optimizations with HarmonyOS version 126.96.36.199 and an OTA package size of 1.11 GB.
Users of this Huawei P60 Pro can download the update with new camera effects. It also enhances image quality for a better photo user experience. On the other hand, this firmware has new optimizations for two-way satellite SMS.
Moreover, Huawei P60 Pro can get performance improvements with new system stability optimizations. This software is expanding in batches for the Huawei P60 Pro and it’s only available in China.
Huawei P60 Pro:
Huawei P60 Pro equips a new ultra-lighting main camera system with variable aperture technology training from F/1.4 aperture to F/4.0 range. The flagship’s RYYB sensor boosts light intake. The large sensor allows you to take the right photographs in the darkest environments.
The phone also ramps up an ultra-lighting telephoto camera, which adapts the world’s biggest f/2.1 aperture to process 178% more light and 488% more brightness than iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Looking at the numbers, the Huawei P60 Pro equips a triple rear camera system including a 48 MP Ultra Lighting Camera (F1.4 – F4.0 aperture, OIS). Also, there’s a 13 MP Ultra-Wide Angle Camera (F2.2 aperture), and a 48 MP Ultra Lighting Telephoto Camera (F2.1 aperture, OIS).
Two way Satellite:
Huawei P60 Pro breaks the barrier with the first-ever two-way satellite SMS communication feature. This allows users to send and receive SMS over Beidou satellite without a mobile network.
It’s good to know that Huawei is seeding new software upgrades to the Huawei P60 series and improving the phone’s performance in different scenarios.
Huawei launches new camera app features
HarmonyOS 3.1 comes with various new features and Huawei has finally made some changes to the stock camera app, which, we’ll going to discuss in this article.
The first appearance of these changes could be found in the Huawei P60 series. However, the software will soon expand for more users and these phones may also get the same camera app.
As for your information, Huawei has highlighted two new camera app features with HarmonyOS 3.1. These are – the new telephoto round dial and the latest shortcut features below the shutter button.
Let’s start with the first, the new camera app improved the way we interact with the telephoto zoom. For example, you now have a bit clear user interface. The zoom labels for wide, 1x, and more have been separated without dots.
But a major change is found in the manual zoom bar, which now has a rotating dial. With this new addition, the camera will render a real-time rotating dial to match the zoom level on the screen.
For example, you can increase or decrease the zoom with a tap and hold and left and right actions. This will adjust the zoom according to the movement of the dial. There’s a red stoppage, which indicates the current zoom level similar to a DSLR.
Compared to this new telephoto range, the existing Huawei stock camera app uses a horizontal bar to change the zoom levels. However, the new way is easy as found by many users.
With HarmonyOS 3.1, Huawei is also improving your way to interact with the most common camera settings. These are now placed below the shutter button. The addition is completely new to the Huawei camera app and increases its reachability.
For example, the phone’s most common top menu options are by expanding the up icon below the shutter button. It includes AI mode, flash, select aspect ratio, move pictures, select a filter, and more. The feature also supports left and right action to show more on-screen options.
New camera app:
These are two major changes that the new stock Huawei camera app and there might be more simple tweaks waiting to explore. For global users, the new camera app could come with EMUI 13.1 and we’ll look forward to it.
24 oldest Huawei smartphones begin HarmonyOS 3 journey [List]
HarmonyOS 3 is about to conclude the beta roadmap in China because Huawei has opened the very last phase of the entire schedule with the 24 oldest Huawei smartphones.
These phones belong to both budget and mid-range price segments, while some of these belong to Huawei’s former subsidiary – Honor. Despite the partition, Huawei keeps on sending this software update for Honor phones from 2020 or before.
It’s good that Huawei decided not to leave Honor phones in limbo, at least in China. Meanwhile, smartphone owners of Huawei Nova 6 SE and the entire Nova 5 series are happy about the recruitment. These phone users have been waiting for this announcement since last December.
However, it’s finally here, and below are the 24 oldest Huawei smartphones to participate in the HarmonyOS 3 closed beta recruitment.
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
- Huawei Nova 5
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro
- Huawei Nova 5z
- Huawei Nova 4
- Huawei Maimang 9 5G
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 5G
- Huawei Nova 4e
- Huawei Nova 5i
- Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus
- Huawei Maimang 8
- Huawei Enjoy 9S
- Huawei Enjoy 10S
- Honor Play4
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor V20
- Honor V20 MOSCHINO Version
- Honor Magic 2
- Huawei MatePad 5G 10.4 inches
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 inches.
These are a lot of models and it’s praiseworthy that Huawei is taking care of these forgotten smartphones with a top-notch software upgrade. Coming back to the beta activity details, HarmonyOS 3 beta is opened with limited slots including 500 bookings for the long version and 1500 for no log version on each device/model.
The latest HarmonyOS 3 recruitment falls under the closed test environment, which means only a handful of smartphones will receive the Beta OTA package. However, a wider version of the beta will begin with the public version of the HarmonyOS 3 release.
Meanwhile, you should know that these phone users will get a first ride to the newest HarmonyOS 3 features before it is released as a stable version.